Torrevieja Forum

This Section Is Sponsored By Member " BRANDYBOY ".
This Section Is For Discussions About Politics Only.

Moderator: Moderator

By old boy
Mrs Nelson wrote:
Thu May 18, 2017 9:04 am
Looks like your WFA is going to go

The proposal is that, as I suggested many moons ago, the Winter Fuel Payment is to be means tested. I just hope that the test will be based on earnings and savings rather than including the value of the claimant's home.

Not before time.
By Kinchy
I'm ready for a good laugh.

You've obviously not read the full version of the Communist Manifesto, full of comedy

Looks like your WFA is going to go

I for one would not care if it does from a personal view. If it goes to help social care then I will feel that in a small way I have helped someone who really needs help.
Also, it is a price very very very worth paying to keep that Communist scum as far from Government as possible.
On another point, it says that Corporation Tax will be 17% by 2020, more investment ergo more jobs, a strong economy and a nation on a stable platform for the future.
Roll on the 8th of June :D
No doubt that it will be roughly the same as it is now for those that have to go into a care/nursing home; the local authority will place a lien on the property.

This does seem fair as, as I have just stated in the paragraph above, payment has to be made for those going into care, so why shouldn't payment be made for those that stay in their own homes. And the cost will, in theory, be lower as the care provider will not be providing "hotel" costs.

Of course, the alternative is that, as in so many other countries around the world, people take responsibility for caring for their relatives so that they are not a financial burden on the state. Somehow, I doubt that that would be supported by many any more than they would support raising taxes to meet the costs.
Personally I think May is playing the electorate, robbing everyone's policies, to get a vote, I'm pretty sure she won't or can't deliver on half of this stuff but the pensioners are never going to vote ukip or labour in a Tory area are they so she won't lose them and she is where she is in all the other areas so a bit of a gamble but nice odds.

Whatever she is going to wipe the floor with Chairman Jeremy, Commissar McDonnell
Emily Loganberry and Miss Spoke :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
The labour heartlands think Chairman Jeremy is toxic - how true that word and its application is.
"Red Sails in the Sunset....."

With Miss Spoke in the crows nest having just sighted the land called Oblivion, whilst Commodore Corbyn was taking tea with Gerry Adams in the ward room and First Officer Mc Donnell was politically indoctrinating a class of sea farers as the usual Political Commissar Miss Loganberry was away in Russia, with Red Lens former bag carrier. :D
I already have shares in the NHS, they were bought with my NI contributions for over 40 years.
A fabulous investment to pass on to my two grandsons who will keep paying into the share saver system by also paying their share of NI contributions, as opposed to those that enter UK and use the NHS without having paid in a bloody penny.
Now its strange you should ask that - yes I did buy some and then sold them on thank you very much, as well as the shares in Abbey National when the OH was a manager so got free shares as well as shares for the accounts we held there- cushty, but the best was Barclays shares bought at 49p and worth a heck of a lot more since then as well as Lloyds shares when they were 11p - rock on! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Ok so give me a clue to the cryptic question :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

If Comrade Corbyn has his way then everyone in UK will be toiling on the collective farms or manufacturing Trabant motor cars then waiting for three hours to buy a loaf :roll: :roll:
Then take their annual hols to Palestine courtesy of Hamas Airtours and accommodation provided by Hezbollah with Miss Spoke clones as holiday reps :lol:
Yep! Just the same as the ones I bought for British Gas and Telecom.
Nice little earners both of them, not too bad for a kid from a two up two down terraced house with his arse hanging out his trousers and working at every opportunity to be able to get a better life style rather than relying on the State to feed me.
So many today would never survive poverty that was REAL.

I think its called self respect.
Television/Satellite reception

It was a wasp making it's home in my lnb. All sort[…]

Now that the council have prohibited the bonfires […]

pension paid into bankia?

Thanks guys, I will ask at branch when I'm out, if[…]

Bye Bye Spain

Best wishes Chaz & Sylvia on your move closer […]

Audio Books WANTED

thanks

Tragic ! A funeral can be arranged (covering ever[…]

This is home for many of us ... and yes I`ve […]