Torrevieja Forum

This Section Is Sponsored By Member " BRANDYBOY ".
This Section Is For Discussions About Politics Only.

Moderator: Moderator

By Kinchy
I understand the blair smokescreen, good move.

A smokescreen - is it too painful to admit that that piece of crap is responsible for half the misery brought upon this section of the community?
By Mrs Nelson
I'm not sure if the homeless can vote. Forget Iraq for now.

It's obvious the woman who is going to get a landslide in a month is the leader of a truly incompetent party.

7 years and they have given nothing but low pay and deprivation.

Oh and windows xp in the nhs, yesterday has hopefully given the voters an indicator of how the nhs will function when they continue to under fund and sell it it off.
By Mrs Nelson
I knew it was only a matter of time till the tories blame the problems of the present on Gordon brown,

I had a bet with a few guys on here, it was 60 to 1 immigrants or 100 to 1 Broon

Suckers.
By old boy
Mrs Nelson wrote:
Sat May 13, 2017 1:37 pm
I knew it was only a matter of time till the tories blame the problems of the present on Gordon brown,

In actuality, it was not necessarily Gordon Brown's complete fault. But it was a problem caused during the Labour Party's tenure in government that is behind part of the shambles that happened yesterday. This because they tried to implement a new IT system for the NHS and handed the contracts to provide it to just 4 companies. After many billions of pounds had been wasted, and all but one company was left trying to create the new system, the coalition government stepped in and cancelled the project.

It was years behind schedule, it didn't work and the suppliers had exceeded the budget for it many times over. When an investigation was conducted into the project, it was found that it was unlikely to ever work as it was supposed to do, and that the costs involved in trying to complete the contracts was way beyond anything initially envisaged.

It must be pointed out that this happened to a number of contracts for projects that were introduced by that Labour government. Just two of those were the ID card project which, like the NHS contracts for the IT, was way over budget (we're talking billions, here) and running late. And another was the Nimrod contract to upgrade the surveillance aircraft. Way, way over budget, already about 5 years late on delivery and the first plane nowhere near completion, it was just throwing money down the drain for what was basically a tarted up 50 year old design. The RAF now have shiny, brand new airplanes doing the same job, and which cost a fraction of what the old Comets would have cost.
By old boy
Judges wrote:
Sat May 13, 2017 3:54 pm

From the BBC Last Updated: Friday, 23 January, 2004, 15:28 GMT

Warning over MoD kit overspend
Eurofighter
The Eurofighter is one of the projects affected by overspend
The Ministry of Defence is facing heavy criticism for an overspend of more than £3bn on major projects.
A National Audit Office study points to mounting costs and late delivery for a number of programmes, including fighter planes, submarines and missiles.

Nearly 90% of the cost overrun was down to four delayed major projects involving the UK company, BAE Systems.

All four are "legacy projects", costly schemes started long before Labour took office and reformed procurement.

The report's publication comes soon after the MoD faced criticism over equipment shortages in the Iraq war.

Yes old boy, neither labour nor conservative could run any sort of stall on that basis.

What a ridiculous example you have chosen. Apart from the fact that the Labour government had been in power for almost 7 years when this report was concluded, some of the extra costs were the responsibility of other European governments and their manufacturers. Labour should have been on top of the increasing budget from the outset in 1997 when they took office.

And it was nothing to do with the previous Conservative government when the Labour Prime Minister, almost single-handed, committed British Forces into a conflict without ensuring that they had the necessary equipment and protection. And again, Labour had been in office for 6 years when Blair decided to send those poorly protected and equipped soldiers into what is now considered to have been an illegal conflict. Something that the world is still paying for in terms of terrorist attacks on civilians and military forces.

And please note, the coalition government cancelled the three big projects I mentioned within months of taking office in 2010. And they would have cancelled the aircraft carrier contract that Labour had entered into, but when the terms and conditions of the contract was examined by the new government, they found that Labour had agreed to pay Bae, the main contractor, more if the contract was cancelled than if they actually completed the job and supplied the two carriers.

Now that really takes some brains, not!
By old boy
The NHS IT fiasco was cancelled just 16 months into the coalition government's term of office. That is somewhat different to 7 years for the Labour government to make sure that the contracts that they had inherited were running smoothly.

And that IT fiasco cost the British taxpayers £12 billion, and it never worked and was highly unlikely to ever work. In addition, about half the GP practices in England had to pay to change their internal IT so that it would communicate with the system that got cancelled. And if you ask most GPs, they much preferred the old system that they were running, and it cost one hell of a lot less than the new one. That is because the system that they were using was created by and for a practicing GP who took early retirement to supply other practices that worked well for the practices.
By Mrs Nelson
It's the same old same old with all the parties, hardly a cigarette paper between them at times.

That's why it's time for a new type ( or old type maybe ) of politician like Jc.

All the money people want to waste on expensive new missiles we will never use, crazy, who benefits from this ? The skilled workers who could use their skills elsewhere on beneficial publically funded projects and the big wigs of course, benefit to the people who fund it, zero.
By Kinchy
That's why it's time for a new type ( or old type maybe ) of politician like Jc.

So back we go to the winter of discontent, power cuts, unburied dead, rubbish in streets bringing rats - yeah really a time for a new old type politician like JC :roll: :roll: :roll:
By Mrs Nelson
I find it unbelievable that anyone could condone the targeting of kids and soldiers and civilians in general and later be elected to the leader of the Labour Party, but if you say it's true it must be. Let's hope that this opens the door to get mr blair back.
By Mrs Nelson
You would vote for a turd in blue suit mate, you are not alone, with so many potential voters disenfranchised , your turd could end up with all the votes.

But you can't dispute the facts, the tories can't hit a target, and that's maybe due to the number of u turns they make, hard to hit the target when you are facing the wrong way.

Immigration, borrowing etc
Mens Suit Shop

You could try El Corte Ingles in Alicante on Aveni[…]

Menu Del dia

Anyone know a good menu Del dia on the coast betwe[…]

Bug based snacks in carrefour

Maybe not free samples no, but when you see how […]

Windrush

that's because of greed, why are people not happy[…]

Edit?

:D

Thank you Pete. I'll give you a bell when I arriv[…]