Torrevieja Forum

This Section Is Sponsored By Member " BRANDYBOY ".
This Section Is For Discussions About Politics Only.

Moderator: Moderator

By old boy
As far as NIC for the self-employed are concerned, and in fact many aspects of the UK taxation system as well, it is about time that the tax book was re-written to equalise the different taxation classes. It's long overdue, in my opinion.

It would seem, from what I have heard, that 60% of the registered self-employed in the UK will actually be slightly better off when the new rules are introduced, whilst those earning over about £51,000 will be about £600 a year worse off. However, other things do need to be taken into consideration before everybody starts weeping crocodile tears over the poor S/E earning more than £51,000. It is more than likely that he/she will have been able to take advantage of tax allowances that his/her employed counterpart is unable to.
By orangepicker
Hi Kevin,

Just to clarify you do not get sick pay here in Spain??
I may have read your post wrong but thats not the case if you are Autonimo you do have to continue making your monthly contributions but you get some sick pay over and above your contributions.
Every little helps as they say
By orangepicker
If it was related to profit Knights of the realm such John, Mcartney & Jagger would pay enough tax to fund the entire NHS So I guess they don't use that system

She went into the Lavvy to count the money raised […]

Jonesy won't like this

With no disrespect to anyone who is Welsh , (excep[…]

Leslie Grantham Dies

Leslie Michael Grantham (30 April 1947 – 15[…]

Red Dragon

Not getting anywhere much with the GI. I don't su[…]

Chas - I don't suppose that you still have the Hum[…]

Property Rental Licence

My friend (in the UK) email: Thanks Bill, There s[…]

Having just completed a 3,200 km car trip tour aro[…]

sunset beach