Torrevieja Forum

Tele Tech Gif

This Section Is Sponsored By Member " BRANDYBOY ".
This Section Is For Discussions About Politics Only.

Moderator: Moderator

By Mrs Nelson
What do you think then?

If you were living and working in the U.K. Would you be upset today as the impact of his budget dawned ?
By Mrs Nelson
And do you think with respect to the broken promise over nics and the non manifesto grammar school vanity project, that a u turn or two is required?
By old boy
As far as NIC for the self-employed are concerned, and in fact many aspects of the UK taxation system as well, it is about time that the tax book was re-written to equalise the different taxation classes. It's long overdue, in my opinion.

It would seem, from what I have heard, that 60% of the registered self-employed in the UK will actually be slightly better off when the new rules are introduced, whilst those earning over about £51,000 will be about £600 a year worse off. However, other things do need to be taken into consideration before everybody starts weeping crocodile tears over the poor S/E earning more than £51,000. It is more than likely that he/she will have been able to take advantage of tax allowances that his/her employed counterpart is unable to.
By Mrs Nelson
Personally as a self employed person here, it's tough going making a living when you don't receive any sick payments etc, I think with relation to the U.K that further partity should be introduced, sick pay and maternity leave etc.

Kev
By orangepicker
Hi Kevin,

Just to clarify you do not get sick pay here in Spain??
I may have read your post wrong but thats not the case if you are Autonimo you do have to continue making your monthly contributions but you get some sick pay over and above your contributions.
Every little helps as they say
By Mrs Nelson
orangepicker wrote:
Sun Mar 12, 2017 11:14 am
Hi Kevin,

Just to clarify you do not get sick pay here in Spain??
I may have read your post wrong but thats not the case if you are Autonimo you do have to continue making your monthly contributions but you get some sick pay over and above your contributions.
Every little helps as they say
Yes you are right, I'm not being clear I have never had to ask the Spanish for sickpay thank heavens, but I know there is money available if I did, I mean it must be hard in the U.K. Being self employed and receiving less help compared to an employed person.

I'm not sure what nic a self employed musician actually pays in the U.K., I doubt it's as high as here though, but would like to know ?

Is it a set amount or related to profit ?

Cheers.
By orangepicker
If it was related to profit Knights of the realm such John, Mcartney & Jagger would pay enough tax to fund the entire NHS So I guess they don't use that system
Beach Bars Punta Prima

Probably they had little to do with it, from what […]

Fake Grass

I bought my grass for a good price at the ferret i[…]

go on you know it`s a bargain :roll:

Charlie

Anyone know where and when charlie from the faith […]

Bicycle for sale

Bifold 5 folding bicycle, hardly used, only 75 eur[…]

Gas Fires

2 Gas Fires for sale 25e each, 1 Silver gas bottle[…]

Pine sideboard for sale