Torrevieja Forum

This Section Is Sponsored By Member " BRANDYBOY ".
This Section Is For Discussions About Politics Only.

Moderator: Moderator

By rspltd
So let us look at exactly what the Lord's amendments were. The first is that we should unilaterally accept unconditionally all EU citizens who are currently in the UK. The justification was that this implied hospital workers, care workers etc etc but I presume would also include Alabanian drug smugglers, Rumanian rapists, Eu citizens currently serving prison sentences as just an example. I have no issue with people who have emigrated here, pay their taxes and are making a new life, staying in the UK but [b]every [/b]EU citizen????
The second amenment referred to Parliament having a final say. When Article 50 is triggered the Uk [b]will [/b] leave the EU. There is no going back so if the politicians don't like the deal that is negotiated then the UK would have to revert to world wide trade rules. This may not be a bad thing but a negotiated trade deal would be better.

43% of our trade is in services where the EU has essentially no commercial policy (i.e. there are no tariffs, nor any rules for trade, simply national regulations), and about 50
% of our goods trade is outside the EU. All these services, trade and non EU
trade is conducted under WTO rules, whether for services where there is the GATS (General Agreement on Trade in Services; ) or for goods where there is the MFN rule preventing a country from applying a discriminative tariff on any country. This implies
that nearly three quarters of UK trade (43%+0.50 ×57%=71.5%) is already conducted under WTO rules without any intervention from the EU. Notice that all those trade agreements the EU has signed on our behalf cover hardly any of our non EU trade mostly they are simply continuations of old colonial agreements.
Freedom from the EU will give the UK to trade with countries such as China, Brazil, America and others with whom the EU has disastrously failed to acheive any agreements. Oh yes that of course will include individual countries of the EU.
Freddo.

Where's Burrababa and Kinchy ? Been a few days sin[…]

Couldn't you just make up a bogus licence number? […]

Shampoo

If you can't get Neutrogena T/Gel Therapeutic Sham[…]

Prescriptions

I asked at our doctors and they said if it works n[…]

Tomorrow

If you love walking and early nights Casas N[…]

Sorry my error

Iptv

Livenettv looks good especially as it supports Chr[…]