Torrevieja Forum

This Section Is Sponsored By Member " BRANDYBOY ".
This Section Is For Discussions About Politics Only.

Moderator: Moderator

By Eve07
#1063691
Gary, why are these topics in General Chat when there is a politics section? General chat is becoming boring, for me at least, I don't know about others.
If it is just me I can leave quietly because I have no interest in coming on here to look at G C and see mostly Politics and more bloody politics. :roll:

3 of the current 4 topics in General Chat should be in the politics section (or 4 of the current 7 topics)
The last post in the Politics Section was last Friday :shock:

http://torrevieja.co.uk/torrevieja-forum/13/128427

http://torrevieja.co.uk/torrevieja-forum/13/128352

http://torrevieja.co.uk/torrevieja-forum/13/128360

http://torrevieja.co.uk/torrevieja-forum/13/128320

Some members are obviously interested but why have a 'Politics Section' http://torrevieja.co.uk/torrevieja-forum/27

I am not looking for an argument from the chief 'politicians' - only a reply from Gary :)
By brandyboy
#1063696
Gary has made many changes to the rules of the forum over the years, changes for the better I must add.

But one of the rules he hasn't changed yet is that you must read every thread on General Chat, no matter the subject, even if you think it's about a subject that you find boring or of no interest to you.

His reply should be interesting, if indeed he does. :D
By Eve07
#1063699
brandyboy wrote:But one of the rules he hasn't changed yet is that you must read every thread on General Chat,
Well it's time he changed the rule 'that you must read every thread on General Chat' :lol:
brandyboy wrote: His reply should be interesting, if indeed he does. :D
From several of your posts, it's obvious you know him reasonably well, maybe well enough to know he won't reply. :shock:
I don't know him from Adam :lol: but I would be very disappointed if he as owner wouldn't answer a reasonable and pertinent question from a member to do with his forum.
By brandyboy
#1063701
I do agree with you 100% Eve07, but as I mentioned on another thread, the UK, and the world in general, are going through some tumultous changes politically, changes that will affect millions of people.

This is probably the only expat forum on the Costa Blanca that discusses these changes with any degree of depth and intelligence by it's esteemed members. So it follows that many, many people, non - contributing members and guests alike, will want to read what is being discussed.

So much better then to allow these important, life changing issues on General Chat......for the benefit of the wider audience. :D

And I noticed you posted in one of the links that you said you found boring. :D
By Mrs Nelson
#1063714
Politics can never be boring,

It's real life, day to day stuff that impacts globally on everyone.

It's better than talking about footy golf and strictly etc.

I'm sorry we bore you, but It's just a bit of banter and we all treat each other differently in real life than we do when we are behind the glass.

I watch the politics show and the right stuff every day with my toddler, he never ever complains.

Just try and join in, you might enjoy it.

Kev
User avatar
By Brindleboy123
#1063722
brandyboy wrote:I do agree with you 100% Eve07, but as I mentioned on another thread, the UK, and the world in general, are going through some tumultous changes politically, changes that will affect millions of people.

This is probably the only expat forum on the Costa Blanca that discusses these changes with any degree of depth and intelligence by it's esteemed members. So it follows that many, many people, non - contributing members and guests alike, will want to read what is being discussed.

So much better then to allow these important, life changing issues on General Chat......for the benefit of the wider audience. :D

And I noticed you posted in one of the links that you said you found boring. :D
I thought he posted in 2 links :wink: just saying :D
By Jevans
#1063723
I couldn't agree more Eve07, boring is not a strong enough word.
Certain members post their monotonous opinions, going round and round in circles,
in the General Chat section because they believe that more people will read their
illustrious remarks than if they post in the Politics section (because no-one in their
right mind goes looking for boring crap !)
It could be one of the reasons why over 9,000 of our members seem to have turned
their back on the Forum and left us with just a couple of dozen posters.
(Mind you, there are plenty of other reasons, bullying being just one).
By the way, don't hold your breath waiting for a reply from Gary................

:roll:
By cameron
#1063726
I agree that these posts should be in the politics section or what is the point of having one. What always amazes me is that this is a Torrevieja forum but everybody seems only interested in UK politics whereas Spanish politics also affect a good percentage of us but never get mentioned.
By brandyboy
#1063727
Jevans wrote: It could be one of the reasons why over 9,000 of our members seem to have turned
their back on the Forum and left us with just a couple of dozen posters.
:
Complete and utter rubbish and I seem to have read that statement word for word on another forum.

Nobody has left, only the ones who were kicked off. :wink:

We have 9288 members and they are growing on a monthly basis. As I`ve said many times before, you don`t have to join to read the comments on here , but in spite of the `bullying`what have you, they still join.

You haven`t got to look very far to see evidence of people not wanting to join a forum because of it`s complete lack of content, bullying, hounding off members, rude obscene posts and constant, insidious references to members of another forum, by just three posters.

There`s no point in posting figures and comparisons, but we must be doing something right on here. :D
By Eve07
#1063743
Brindleboy123 wrote:I thought he posted in 2 links :wink: just saying :D [/color]
I did Antonia ( :) ) but not taking part in the topic being discussed. One of my comments was asking you to give your opinion on the question you were asking other people to give their opinion on. The decent thing would be for you to do this first before asking others. You know that makes sense. :wink:
The other again was not contributing to the topic but a comment on the loss of Scargill's hair.

Two comments that would have sat in comfortably in any topic on the other sections - football, schools, charity, pets etc not just politics.


Jevans wrote:Certain members post their monotonous opinions, going round and round in circles, in the General Chat section because they believe that more people will read their illustrious remarks than if they post in the Politics section (because no-one in their right mind goes looking for boring crap !)
Good comment, hadn't thought of that but you know that does make sense, why else would they not use the proper section? Maybe one of them will give an intelligent reason why they use G C instead of the relevant section. :)


cameron wrote:What always amazes me is that this is a Torrevieja forum but everybody seems only interested in UK politics whereas Spanish politics also affect a good percentage of us but never get mentioned.
Another good post. That is why this forum, in my opinion, has dropped to number 2. My number 1 forum is all centered on Spain and information relating to it. (Predictably I now wait for a post from a certain member telling me I should stay there) :wink: :)


Jevans wrote:By the way, don't hold your breath waiting for a reply from Gary................ :roll:
I hope you are wrong on this one Jevans :shock:
By brandyboy
#1063746
Eve07 wrote: That is why this forum, in my opinion, has dropped to number 2. My number 1 forum is all centered on Spain and information relating to it. (Predictably I now wait for a post from a certain member telling me I should stay there) :wink:
Yes exactly, and you don't have to pay to join this one, or join just to read comments. Give our love to Jeff.

Google ' Torrevieja Forum' and you'll get a more realistic unbiased result by leaving the 's' off.

And in case you haven't noticed, our forum is http://www.torrevieja.co.uk. not .com or .es. and is only just a part of of whole website.

Better still Eve07, Google..' The Torrevieja Forum. ' and see who is at number 1, oh..and number 2. :lol:
Last edited by brandyboy on Tue Oct 04, 2016 10:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
By Eve07
#1063750
brandyboy wrote:Yes exactly, and you don't have to pay to join this one, or join just to read comments. Give our love to Jeff.

Google ' Torrevieja Forum' and you'll get a more realistic unbiased result by leaving the 's' off.

And in case you haven't noticed, our forum is http://www.torrevieja.co.uk. not .com or .es. and is only just a part of of whole website.
I have no idea what you are talking about and who is Jeff???
I am talking about talkquesada and you don't pay to join it. Have a look or maybe better still don't in case you join and turn it upside down. :lol:
By brandyboy
#1063751
Eve07 wrote:
brandyboy wrote:Yes exactly, and you don't have to pay to join this one, or join just to read comments. Give our love to Jeff.

Google ' Torrevieja Forum' and you'll get a more realistic unbiased result by leaving the 's' off.

And in case you haven't noticed, our forum is http://www.torrevieja.co.uk. not .com or .es. and is only just a part of of whole website.
I have no idea what you are talking about and who is Jeff???
I am talking about talkquesada and you don't pay to join it. Have a look or maybe better still don't in case you join and turn it upside down. :lol:
My mistake then. Oh well, then it is just your opinion as to who is number 1 or 2, and I am a member. :D
Last edited by brandyboy on Tue Oct 04, 2016 11:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thank you :D Liar.jpg

Hey napoleon You should learn to read, I’m[…]

Mens Suit Shop

Try Astoria in Torrevieja, they stock classy cloth[…]

Windrush

Wise words dave, Kev do you know there is only o[…]

Just be prepared, I thought I had sorted all my pr[…]

Bug based snacks in carrefour

I disagree What about drout and deforestation t[…]

RIP Dale Winton

For Christ’s sake are you still at it. I del[…]

Alan, try putting a dab of savalon or similar crea[…]

New Advertising Slots and Possibilities