Torrevieja Forum

This Section Is Sponsored By Member " BRANDYBOY ".
This Section Is For Discussions About Politics Only.

Moderator: Moderator

By Tom Mix
#1063836
joncastle wrote:
Tom Mix wrote:
valenciasman wrote:Immigration was a major factor.
For the majority, it was the only factor even if they say its about trading with the world and not just the eu.
So you can read the minds of over 17 million people. You must be a legend in your own mind.
.

I know basic maths, something you obviously don't, or perhaps you just don't understand the meaning of the word majority. If 17,000,000 vote leave, then the majority figure is 8,500,001.

See I even take time to try and educate and explain.

As for reading minds, no. No, I just watch the news reports and polls.

Try it sometime, you may learn something.

Only 6% according to Lord Ashcroft poll said they voted no said their main reason was that “when it comes to trade and the economy, the UK would benefit more from being outside the EU than from being part of it.”

the referendum was essentially won on the issue of opposition to immigration. It’s noted that areas with the biggest change in the number of foreign-born residents in the preceding 15 years were some of the ones with the highest Leave votes.

Just yesterday a sky news poll had 52% saying controlling immigration is more important than access to the single market.
By tillysmum
#1063873
[quote="Burrababa"]Thank god that Theresa May has begun to turn the tide---yes people did feel that uncontrolled immigration has been a disaster and they want a change in direction

Get the tory blinkers off ffs,the pound is plummetting,the ftse is galloping away due to the weak pound and the chancellor has ditched the austerity measures,why don't the brexiteers just put their hands up and admit they've ballsed it up,we absolutely need to have access to the single market,and the free movement of labour is essential to it at the moment it's one nil to the rednecks,still at least it will be a few years before the reality of their cock up hits home.
By brandyboy
#1063875
You can chuck out as much abuse as you want, but the UK is coming out of the EU in 2019, or sooner....end of. :D

It`s going to happen, whether you like it or not...get used to it. So you may as well stop all your sniping, name calling and continual whining, because it will not change a thing, one iota. You`ll just make yourself ill. :D
By tillysmum
#1063897
brandyboy wrote:You can chuck out as much abuse as you want, but the UK is coming out of the EU in 2019, or sooner....end of. :D

It`s going to happen, whether you like it or not...get used to it. So you may as well stop all your sniping, name calling and continual whining, because it will not change a thing, one iota. You`ll just make yourself ill. :D
why,because you say so ?,go and do one i get solace from explaining to brexiteers how stupid they have been,the drop in the pound hasn't directly affected me yet as my pension is not paid in euros,but a hell of a lot of people are,and the morons who voted out purely on racial grounds need to be constantly reminded of the fact of their part in ruining the country (which will happen) so if it's all the same to you (couldn't give a toss if it isn't really)i'll carry on whining ,sniping and generally belly aching.
By Burrababa
#1063900
tillysmum wrote: why,because you say so ?,go and do one i get solace from explaining to brexiteers how stupid they have been,the drop in the pound hasn't directly affected me yet as my pension is not paid in euros,but a hell of a lot of people are,and the morons who voted out purely on racial grounds need to be constantly reminded of the fact of their part in ruining the country (which will happen) so if it's all the same to you (couldn't give a toss if it isn't really)i'll carry on whining ,sniping and generally belly aching.

so you are happy with uncontrolled immigration and you would never put an upper limit on the numbers arriving in the UK -- and you call Brexiteers stupid :D
By daveym
#1063903
By crikey I think we need an immigrants section.

It would save having to fit the 'coloured question' into every post

And can someone explain why it's whinging one minute then political debate the next?
By brandyboy
#1063907
tillysmum wrote: so if it's all the same to you (couldn't give a toss if it isn't really)i'll carry on whining ,sniping and generally belly aching.
Fair enough, you stick to what you`re best at, and leave the serious stuff to everyone else. :lol:
By tillysmum
#1063908
Burrababa wrote:
tillysmum wrote: why,because you say so ?,go and do one i get solace from explaining to brexiteers how stupid they have been,the drop in the pound hasn't directly affected me yet as my pension is not paid in euros,but a hell of a lot of people are,and the morons who voted out purely on racial grounds need to be constantly reminded of the fact of their part in ruining the country (which will happen) so if it's all the same to you (couldn't give a toss if it isn't really)i'll carry on whining ,sniping and generally belly aching.

so you are happy with uncontrolled immigration and you would never put an upper limit on the numbers arriving in the UK -- and you call Brexiteers stupid :D
where exactly is the uncontrolled immigration,it is a proven fact that immigrants contribute to the economy far more than they extract and to be perfectly honest with you I'm far more acceptable of someone that would risk all crossing the med on a punctured lilo so he can wash windscreens at traffic lights than the Jeremy kyle generation born of a generation of lazy do nothing spongers who think the country owes them a living.just my opinion of course
By teleless
#1063919
soapydave wrote:I think the young brits of today see all and sundry coming to this country and getting priority in the housing que,benifits topping up earnings if they work, free translators on visits to benefit office or hospitals, etc ,its pissing them off and feel why should they work to support them ,which why should they, they are not going to be taken for fools like there working parents and grand parents namely us
Stop ALL foreign aid till the UK is back on track and all NHS debt is cleared all homeless are homed, then any surplus use for foreign aid !or leave it up to the individual uk citizen to contribute to foreign aid themselves if they wish.i bet many would,nt if put to a vote

Makes perfect sense to me..........but whenever has sense been part of the equation ? :wink:
By tillysmum
#1063921
soapydave wrote:I think the young brits of today see all and sundry coming to this country and getting priority in the housing que,benifits topping up earnings if they work, free translators on visits to benefit office or hospitals, etc ,its pissing them off and feel why should they work to support them ,which why should they, they are not going to be taken for fools like there working parents and grand parents namely us
Stop ALL foreign aid till the UK is back on track and all NHS debt is cleared all homeless are homed, then any surplus use for foreign aid !or leave it up to the individual uk citizen to contribute to foreign aid themselves if they wish.i bet many would,nt if put to a vote
I'm sorry I completely disagree with you about the youngsters having to work to support the immigrants,more likely the opposite is closer to the truth.
By Burrababa
#1063932
tillysmum wrote:
where exactly is the uncontrolled immigration,it is a proven fact that immigrants contribute to the economy far more than they extract and to be perfectly honest with you I'm far more acceptable of someone that would risk all crossing the med on a punctured lilo so he can wash windscreens at traffic lights than the Jeremy kyle generation born of a generation of lazy do nothing spongers who think the country owes them a living.just my opinion of course

Try and keep up--if you look at official figures you will find that immigrants take out more than they contribute (See previous debates on this forum where this matter has been debated and stats quoted to the nth degree !!!)--quite simply because immigration into the UK is uncontrolled --we are not taking the brightest and the best --any EU citizen can come her i.e. that is uncontrolled ---When these low skilled people come here--they put pressure on jobs, housing, health services, infrastructure etc etc so then the quality of British life is diluted -- british citizens are put out of work and benefits culture is created--GDP in this case is no measure of happiness for the average man in the street.

Today's conference speech addresses some of what I have said above and it makes me proud to be British--she is a breath of fresh air--Amber Rudd take a bow too :)
By tillysmum
#1063938
Try and keep up--if you look at official figures you will find that immigrants take out more than they contribute (See previous debates on this forum where this matter has been debated and stats quoted to the nth degree !!!)-

Could you provide links to credible sites to back this up....this forum not being one of them sorry to say.

quite simply because immigration into the UK is uncontrolled --we are not taking the brightest and the best

Really take stroll around any NHS hospital,check out the doctors ,nurses ,surgeons etc then come back and tell me we haven't got the brightest and the best

--any EU citizen can come her i.e. that is uncontrolled ---When these low skilled people come here--they put pressure on jobs,

How,they are often doing low paid unskilled work brits refuse to do because benefits often works out better than getting off their lazy fat arses,the benefits culture in Britain isn't due to immigration however people like you like to point the finger.

housing, health services, infrastructure etc etc so then the quality of British life is diluted -- british citizens are put out of work and benefits culture is created--GDP in this case is no measure of happiness for the average man in the street.

a heartwarming little moan but total crap

Today's conference speech addresses some of what I have said above and it makes me proud to be British--she is a breath of fresh air--Amber Rudd take a bow too :)[/quote]

people like you make me ashamed to be british,i'll give the PM quite a bit of time before I judge her,many PMs have made speeches and delivered nothing,many have been stupid enough to believe what they promised.
By teleless
#1063941
Burrababa wrote:
tillysmum wrote:
where exactly is the uncontrolled immigration,it is a proven fact that immigrants contribute to the economy far more than they extract and to be perfectly honest with you I'm far more acceptable of someone that would risk all crossing the med on a punctured lilo so he can wash windscreens at traffic lights than the Jeremy kyle generation born of a generation of lazy do nothing spongers who think the country owes them a living.just my opinion of course

Try and keep up--if you look at official figures you will find that immigrants take out more than they contribute (See previous debates on this forum where this matter has been debated and stats quoted to the nth degree !!!)--quite simply because immigration into the UK is uncontrolled --we are not taking the brightest and the best --any EU citizen can come her i.e. that is uncontrolled ---When these low skilled people come here--they put pressure on jobs, housing, health services, infrastructure etc etc so then the quality of British life is diluted -- british citizens are put out of work and benefits culture is created--GDP in this case is no measure of happiness for the average man in the street.

Today's conference speech addresses some of what I have said above and it makes me proud to be British--she is a breath of fresh air--Amber Rudd take a bow too :)
.........and unlike other leaders does not even have to raise her voice to get her point across.What a refreshing change. :wink:
Residencia

All good sound advice but don’t assume that […]

€200 Double (135cm) bed with full size (90cm[…]

Flu Jab

Hi Freddo, im booked in for flu jab at cabo roig d[…]

Pool Covers

Looking to buy very good pool cover, is there any […]

Granite Work Tops

There is a company called Marmoles San Cayetano Ma[…]

Specsavers

We buy our lenses and glasses from Specsavers Guar[…]

Andrew Neil is the best . I've yet to see anyone g[…]

Howell and son

after three phone calls and two emails they just d[…]

New Advertising Slots and Possibilities