Torrevieja Forum

Tele Tech Gif

In This Section You Can Discuss Photography And Post Your Own Photographs, However They Must Be Thumbnails Or They Will Get Deleted.

Moderator: Moderator

By sealord
on what to look for/check when buying a second hand DSLR. ?
By bigjoe
Some of the things I would do are,

Ask for a shutter count and know how many it is good for. There is a program called photome that might help you check. I haven't used it for a while and I don't have it on my current laptop but you could check it out.

Look for wear and tear, that will tell you a lot about how it was looked after.

Check for marks on the sensor. It may be just dust which can be cleaned but they could be worse. A handy way to check is set the camera to the smallest aperture available (highest number) and the lowest possible ISO and take a picture of a white sheet. Look at the picture on a computer and this will show up marks.

Take loads of pictures with it and make sure to change the lens if another one is available, if not make sure to take off and out the lens back on.

Try to get an original battery and charger as spurious one's can have a very short life span.

If it comes with a lens look closely into the front and rear glass and make sure there is know marks or fungus on them.

Check the auto focus out buy changing the distance you are from the subject.

The last two things are the most important, be aware of your own safety, you are the one with the cash and you don't have to buy it. there are other cameras out there so wait for the right one, it is your hard earned money.

Don't be afraid to buy, I am a canon user and have a selection from 5D mk2 to 1D mk4 with others between and a selection on prime lenses and I bought the all second-hand.
Black Plastic Panel for a Gate

You could consider going to the brico which is off[…]

Urgent request for dog beds

No gaps, he made them without gaps.

I buy 50mm drain pipe there, spliced and wrapped a[…]

Robert has gone , I hope mrs May is inspired to do[…]

This or that or other

Aid Band - Human - Housing

This or That

Second Try or Time

New Word Game.

Bag