Torrevieja Forum

Tele Tech Gif

This Section Is Sponsored By " The Fig & Olive Restaurant " Phone 651 788 290
Anything Related To Pets Or Other Animals.

Moderator: Moderator

By lunaazul
Hi I am bringing my dog on holiday and know he has to see a vet before we can travel back home. Is this an injection or tablets and how much will it cost.
Thanks
By Daniel14
I take it your dog has an up to date passport, a microchip and his rabies injections are up to date. When you take him to the vet the vet checks him over and writes in the passport that the dog is healthy and fit to travel. The vet also checks the chip has the same number as the one entered in the passport.
Your dog then has flea and worm treatment. I can't remember the cost but if you pop into any vet they will give you an idea. Or maybe you can find out online if you are not in Spain yet.
When you check him in at the border control before coming back to UK they will check his chip and passport.
By freddo
2. Travel within the EU and from listed countries

When you enter or return to the UK from another EU or listed country your pet must meet the entry requirements.

You don’t need to meet the pet travel rules if you travel within the UK or between the UK and the Channel Islands or Isle of Man.

1.Your pet must be microchipped. This must be done before your pet gets a rabies vaccination.

2.Your pet must have been vaccinated against rabies. You must wait 21 days from the date of the vaccination before travelling. The day of vaccination counts as day 0 and not day 1.

3.Your pet must have a pet passport or third-country official veterinary certificate.

4.If travelling from a listed country, fill in a declaration confirming that you aren’t going to sell or transfer the ownership of your pet.

5.Dogs must have had a tapeworm treatment no less than 24 hours and no more than 120 hours (5 days) before entry.

6.You must use an approved transport company and an approved route unless you’re travelling between the UK and Ireland.

You’ll need to follow additional rules if you’re entering or returning to the UK or another EU country from an unlisted country.
By Neil Riding
After a little more thought is your dog in the kennels on the ferry? If so a kennel cough injection would be worthwhile.
While you're in Spain I would definitely recommend using advantix to ward off mosquitoes, you can buy it from vet's or chemist only available on prescription in UK
By WendyH
Neil Riding wrote:While you're in Spain I would definitely recommend using advantix to ward off mosquitoes, you can buy it from vet's or chemist only available on prescription in UK
Just remember that Advantix is also a flea treatment so don´t overdose your dog if you´ve done him recently before leaving the UK.
By lunaazul
Thanks for all the info. I have everything sorted for him to go on his holidays, we are coming on the tunnel so we don't have to leave him alone. I rang the Micro chip company just to check his number was correct and told them I was taking him to Spain and they told me if he got lost his micro number wont show on a French/Spanish data base. A bit worrying but he has a dog tag on his collar. Do you think it would be worth having him chipped in Spain as well as we plan on bringing him over with us all the time.
By smudges
I'm sure your Spanish vet will know how to get your dog's chip details entered onto a Spanish database. My cats' Spanish chips have been read by my vet here (who is, fortunately, Spanish!!!!) and they have logged the details.
BTW, going through pet control (or whatever it's called) on the way back is very easy. I did it from a ferry but I would imagine it's basically the same with the tunnel. You are directed to a separate hatch. You hand over the pet passport, the animal is scanned, the details all match, you're let through. Easy!
By WendyH
Your Spanish vet will provide (and help you with) the paperwork to register the dog with Rivia. Not sure what it costs but it´s worth it. This will NOT remove your dog from Petlog in the UK. My dog (and 2 of the cats) are still dual registered although none will be going back to Spain now.
By lunaazul
Hi Just to answer my own question. It cost 17 euro at the vets, 1.50 for the tape worm tablet and he said he had to examine the dog 15.50. Charlie the dog loved it in Spain he was so good for a puppy traveling all that way. We are doing it again in July and this time I wont stress about his passport on the way home.
By gail1
I would keep getting the vet bit done in Spain as we always had our dogs treatment done in France (that was a few years ago now) and much more expensive there. However in those days you didn't have so long to get it done before coming back so wasn't really an option.
By Neil Riding
WendyH wrote:Your Spanish vet will provide (and help you with) the paperwork to register the dog with Rivia. Not sure what it costs but it´s worth it. This will NOT remove your dog from Petlog in the UK. My dog (and 2 of the cats) are still dual registered although none will be going back to Spain now.
It costs €16 to put your dog on the Spanish system. The vet will need your nie number, address and your dog to check the chip
40 billion to leave europe?

Why would they do that ? Every top lawyer is sayi[…]

There you have it Duncan. .... You're a pennile[…]

words

Tub

Scrabble 2

Spire

New Word Game.

Handy

This or That

Hand Basin or Second

Non Residents Tax