Torrevieja Forum

Tele Tech Gif

You Can Only Promote Your Property In This Section If It Is Advertised On The Main Site. Your Property Number Must Be Included Within Your Message. All Messages That Do Not Conform Will Be Deleted.

Moderator: Moderator

By lucindacastiles
I think the answer is it depends who you speak to or rather what you believe versus what you are being told.

We all see adverts in local media from agents that say properties needed urgently and cash buyers waiting. Is this really the reality ? Some agents websites just have too many properties that they cannot properly market each individual property or target specific individuals looking for a property, and if you are a cash buyer you simply move to another agent that can get you the property you want, or if astute you buy privately.

Any agent will tell you they are busy, why would they say anything else ?

I live, and have lived for 10 years, in a non-gated community of 60 detached properties (some with/without pools) in Playa Flamenca. 5 minute walk Zenia Boulevard/15 minute walk La Zenia Beach. At the moment approximately 10 private properties and 2 bank repossessions are for sale which has been roughly the same figures every year for the past 6 years, although a couple of the private villas and I mean a couple have been sold and resold. The bank repossessions have never been able to be sold on and are now a blight on the community.

I personally think at the moment that the used property market on the Orihuela Costa is saturated and will be for future years to come. Infrastructure development has failed to keep pace with new property construction which may put many buyers who wish to live here all year round off from buying. That said, I think buy to lets or rentals will increase, but only in certain hotspots. Cabo Roig is quiet during the winter but try getting an apartment during the Summer or St. Patricks Day, which will pay you bills for the year round.

One established property agent told me they work in a restaurant at night, so maybe the property market is not as good as they would have you believe !
By damatt
There have been and continue to be lots of enquiries for buying property though many of those looking to buy are still looking for a 3 bed villa with pool for almost nothing, as they still believe that Spain is in real trouble so the prices must be low. Yes they are lower than 2007 but the very cheap bargains have gone though there are still cheap properties around but they are still there for a reason.

Bank repo's will always have a stigma of being a repo, many have been vandalised and need work, plus the Banks are not very helpful.

Long term rentals are now the more popular option to buying but they are now almost impossible to find for some types and locations, if you want an apartment, then you can still find them. Some owners who once did long term rental have taken them and put them to the sales market believing they will sell quickly.
By lucindacastiles
I hope the admins are reading this. I posted a post and the post submitted was apparently timed out ! Not good. I had good info to post. Freddo PM if you can, I am not agent ! I would also like to hear from phippsmaz1 who I think views are specific to a area
By TonyHoward
freddo wrote:But did it bring the price or was it a forced sale
I don't know about this particular property sale, but our Son & Daughter bought a property here about 9 years ago, when we started coming. Properties on the Urb are pretty reasonably priced and the area suited us, that's why we bought one about 4 minutes walk away. Open all year, amenities within reasonable distance. We've seen more of our Family visiting now than ever in the UK - they love it. Even had to book up Christmas dinner this year (had to cook another one last year ourselves, as they could get over until Boxing Day :roll: ). Would recommend this area to anyone. A friend of ours has just sold their's, in La Florida - took about 4 weeks though and that wasn't a 'forced sale'.
By freddo
lucindacastiles wrote:I hope the admins are reading this. I posted a post and the post submitted was apparently timed out ! Not good. I had good info to post. Freddo PM if you can, I am not agent ! I would also like to hear from phippsmaz1 who I think views are specific to a area

I did
By phippsmaz1
I´m sorry I don´t know the details of the sale but I do know the property. the for sale sign was put up on the Friday and the sold sign went up on the Monday It was owned by a German couple I believe who only used it twice a year out of season but they have owned it since I have owned mine 12 years. Also just to add the house opposite me was also sold to a Swedish family earlier this year after being on the market for only a short while, the person who owned that one had to sell for personal reasons buy as I say I don´t really know what sort of price they went for.
By lucindacastiles
freddo wrote:Not much point in asking people to pm you if you do not look in your inbox
If that was aimed at me, I saw your post and will respond. I also had a lot of crap post from others or bots in my in box that also picked up on the subject which made me hold back on responding. Be aware if I dont think this forum is secure I will walk away
By duggie
TonyHoward wrote:
freddo wrote:But did it bring the price or was it a forced sale
I don't know about this particular property sale, but our Son & Daughter bought a property here about 9 years ago, when we started coming. Properties on the Urb are pretty reasonably priced and the area suited us, that's why we bought one about 4 minutes walk away. Open all year, amenities within reasonable distance. We've seen more of our Family visiting now than ever in the UK - they love it. Even had to book up Christmas dinner this year (had to cook another one last year ourselves, as they could get over until Boxing Day :roll: ). Would recommend this area to anyone. A friend of ours has just sold their's, in La Florida - took about 4 weeks though and that wasn't a 'forced sale'.
Tony
I have sent you a pm.
By cava jo
Im in cabo roig. In the last 6 months five apartments in our block have sold fairly quick for almost the asking price . People from Belgium and Ireland have purchased them.
By daveym
Im looking at buying a buy to let property. not really sure whats best-holiday lets or long term rentals?

obviously the idea of making the bulk of income over shorter holiday periods appeals but expect higher risk and location more important?

it looks to me that Spain is experiencing a terrorism related tourism bounce?

any views/experiences from forum members?

3 watches €5 each or €10 for all 3. Phot[…]

Black Plastic Panel for a Gate

You could consider going to the brico which is off[…]

Urgent request for dog beds

No gaps, he made them without gaps.

I buy 50mm drain pipe there, spliced and wrapped a[…]

Robert has gone , I hope mrs May is inspired to do[…]

This or that or other

Aid Band - Human - Housing

This or That

Second Try or Time

New Word Game.