Torrevieja Forum

Tele Tech Gif

You Can Only Promote Your Property In This Section If It Is Advertised On The Main Site. Your Property Number Must Be Included Within Your Message. All Messages That Do Not Conform Will Be Deleted.

Moderator: Moderator

By alan p
Can anyone tell me? have you had one fitted and are you better off? I have just had a friend on the phone telling me he had spoken to someone from Quesada who has told him that since having a meter fitted she can only have to electrical items on at anyone time or the electric trips she also told them that she is only getting 1 kilowatt and if she wanted it upgrading it would cost at least 5,000 euro. I'm not into electrics but this has got to be wrong surely. :shock: alan p.
By joncastle
A vast amount of properties in this area were paying for holiday home electricity but have had work done that meant that they could bypass that and draw more electricity without paying the higher rate. This shouldnt be possible with the smart meter so an upgrade will be needed.
By teleless
joncastle wrote:A vast amount of properties in this area were paying for holiday home electricity but have had work done that meant that they could bypass that and draw more electricity without paying the higher rate. This shouldnt be possible with the smart meter so an upgrade will be needed.
Not to my knowledge. I am on 3.3 kw tariff with higher fuses . Never a problem. I would say that my bills have been slightly lower since smart meters were fitted.
By brandyboy
There's not many homes nowadays that can get by on just 3.3kw. A smart meter is designed to give the potencia that you are contracted for, no matter how many or what amp fuse you have. So I don't know why it's different in your case.
When they fitted our smart meter the technician didn't even want to come into the house to look at the fuse board, he said you can what fuse you like, it's all done through the meter. Which is just as well because had a 40amp fuse fitted...We put the kettle on and it blew. I reset the meter and went to Iberdrola the next morning and they confirmed that the meter was set at 3.3kw as per our original contract taken out 17 years ago. They come out that same afternoon and reset the meter to 5.6kw ( I think ) for no extra charge on our monthly tarrif, and everything' has been just fine since. :D
By jambalaya
alan p. If she only has 1kw then no wonder it trips. A kettle by itself can take almost that. Electric fires can draw 1.5kw
We used to have problems with our flat with 3.3kw with the electric oven on. Something in the oven and two rings then put the kettle on and click, off it would go.
We are now on 5.75Kw and no problems. Up from 15A to 25A which seems right.
Of course, you will pay extra for the power as it is per Kw at around 12 cents per Kw per day.
So about 1.3Kw extra (depending on whether your power was done at 220V or 230V) so between 4 and 5 euro a month extra (plus taxes).
And our bills seem to have come down by about a third since we had the smart meter in.
By brandyboy
I forgot to say that we are also on the dual tarrif, which has made a difference to our bills.
By teleless
brandyboy wrote:There's not many homes nowadays that can get by on just 3.3kw. A smart meter is designed to give the potencia that you are contracted for, no matter how many or what amp fuse you have. So I don't know why it's different in your case.
When they fitted our smart meter the technician didn't even want to come into the house to look at the fuse board, he said you can what fuse you like, it's all done through the meter. Which is just as well because had a 40amp fuse fitted...We put the kettle on and it blew. I reset the meter and went to Iberdrola the next morning and they confirmed that the meter was set at 3.3kw as per our original contract taken out 17 years ago. They come out that same afternoon and reset the meter to 5.6kw ( I think ) for no extra charge on our monthly tarrif, and everything' has been just fine since. :D
I don´t know either John. I just tell it how it is. Even " Sparks " couldn´t understand it ? :lol: I just wonder that out of the 14 flats in our block I am the only Brit. Could that have anything to do with it as I guess that all my neighbours are pretty fastidious when it comes to using electricity and more than likely are all on 3.3kw ? :lol:
By brandyboy
That`s what it is Don, unless the fact that you`ve got a gas hob and oven, don`t bother with heating and use candles for lighting , may have something to do with it. Just a hunch. :D
By teleless
brandyboy wrote:That`s what it is Don, unless the fact that you`ve got a gas hob and oven, don`t bother with heating and use candles for lighting , may have something to do with it. Just a hunch. :D
Lighten up man ? lol
By brandyboy
teleless wrote:
brandyboy wrote:That`s what it is Don, unless the fact that you`ve got a gas hob and oven, don`t bother with heating and use candles for lighting , may have something to do with it. Just a hunch. :D
Lighten up man ? lol
:lol:
By meishka
I'm with teleless. Been reading and watching this since the beginning. Thought we would have to upgrade etc etc and went down that road. got quoted ridiculous amounts. We abstained and thought we would see how it goes. We have two air con units, oven, hairdryer, kettle, Tv, water heater, hair straightners, no tripping on a 3.3kw....
By teleless
meishka wrote:I'm with teleless. Been reading and watching this since the beginning. Thought we would have to upgrade etc etc and went down that road. got quoted ridiculous amounts. We abstained and thought we would see how it goes. We have two air con units, oven, hairdryer, kettle, Tv, water heater, hair straightners, no tripping on a 3.3kw....
Touche. Not all that smart .....these meters.Don´t believe all that the experts tell you. ? :lol:
By brandyboy
meishka wrote:I'm with teleless. Been reading and watching this since the beginning. Thought we would have to upgrade etc etc and went down that road. got quoted ridiculous amounts. We abstained and thought we would see how it goes. We have two air con units, oven, hairdryer, kettle, Tv, water heater, hair straightners, no tripping on a 3.3kw....
Ours didn't trip 3.3kw before we had the smart meter installed. Mainly because over the years we had upgraded the ICP illegally till it reached 40amp. Perhaps you`d better check yours. I bet it`s higher that the 15amp that you should have with 3.3 kw. I can assure that if you had the correct ICP fitted and you put both hair dryer and kettle on, your power will trip. It wasn't until two of our wall sockets burnt out that we decided to do something about it.

We didn't pay anything to upgrade. The reason we have a smart meter is because we applied to go on the dual tariff and a smart meter is fitted as a matter if course. And for that we paid €180. The upgrade from 3.3kw to 5.75kw cost absolutely nothing..

Don't take my word for it, here`s what one of the `experts` have to say. :D As he says...

"Running a modern day home in Spain with only 3.3 kW or less electric power available is practically impossible, and those who do, have to supplement gas appliances for cooking, heating and the production of hot water. "

http://tonysparksinspain.blogspot.com.e ... upply.html
By meishka
Iberdrola do charge more per unit for upgrading I believe from 3.3 to 5.5. I don't know what our amp is but was led to believe that didn't matter anyway as the new smart meters would know you are pulling more than 3.3kw and it would trip. Just stating ours doesn't.

3 watches €5 each or €10 for all 3. Phot[…]

Black Plastic Panel for a Gate

You could consider going to the brico which is off[…]

Urgent request for dog beds

No gaps, he made them without gaps.

I buy 50mm drain pipe there, spliced and wrapped a[…]

Robert has gone , I hope mrs May is inspired to do[…]

This or that or other

Aid Band - Human - Housing

This or That

Second Try or Time

New Word Game.