Torrevieja Forum

Tele Tech Gif

This Section Is Available For Sponsorship.
This section is for those that are learning the Spanish language.

Moderator: Moderator

By suziq
I thought I had just another mozi bite, but it's gone nasty, red, sore large swollen area, went to the docs & he said it was a pica, is it just a general term for 'bite' or something more specific ?

I have had a few injections for anti inflammatory & antihistamine plus a cream to use twice a day & now just started twice daily antihistamine tablets, plus the cream.
Worst case I have ever had. :cry:

Suzi
By Menina
Suzy, "pica" is short for "picadura" which means a bite from an insect. At least in this context. A couple of years ago I had a similar problem and it took a while to clear. Nothing serous, really, just a nuisance.
By jimny1
[quote="suziq"]I thought I had just another mozi bite, but it's gone nasty, red, sore large swollen area, went to the docs & he said it was a pica, is it just a general term for 'bite' or something more specific ?

I have had a few injections for anti inflammatory & antihistamine plus a cream to use twice a day & now just started twice daily antihistamine tablets, plus the cream.
Worst case I have ever had. :cry:

Suzi[/quote]

in portuguese pica is a penis :lol:
By Astra99
Following Jimny's reply, a pica is a typeface of 10 characters to the inch. The equivalet 12 character per inch type is known as Elite. It dates back to manual typesetting and manual typewriters. It's hardly used now with computers and scalable (true-type) fonts.
This or that or other

Aid Band - Human - Housing

This or That

Second Try or Time

New Word Game.

Bag

Scrabble 2

Crisp

words

Steam

Sloggies saga

Have a look in Mercadona in the aisle that has the[…]