Torrevieja Forum

Here you can discuss anything that you wish.
( Within Reason !!!! )

Moderator: Moderator

By Paulwps
Can't find a "Yea That" flag, or i would fly it !
Don't pay them one penny more , let them keep their BMW"s. And Mercs, we'll buy Hyundai's
and French cars are crap anyway !
By Sheff_Blade
.... and now they want a back-stop for a back-stop for the Irish border issue. Why don't we just leave the border open regardless, then the Irish/EU can do whatever they want for their side of the border? I wonder who the IRA would blame if they put up a border on the Irish/EU side? Would they start bombing in Dublin or Brussels?
By TVTechnology
Don't pay them one penny more , let them keep their BMW"s. And Mercs, we'll buy Hyundai's
and French cars are crap anyway !
Clearly not a petrol head :D I can think of one or two people which would give me one of those 'are you serious' looks, if I said that. Hyundais, with their I30N hot hatch aside (which is surprisingly good) are old peoples mobility scooters, with a roof. Cars for people that don't like or generally care about cars.....more interested in 7 year warranty.

If you think the car snobs in the UK care, they'll pay whatever it takes to have a newer BMW on their drive over their neighours - even if you added 15% to the cost. It's not that it matters as no one has any real money in the UK, it's all on finance, including 85% of all new cars.
and now they want a back-stop for a back-stop for the Irish border issue. Why don't we just leave the border open regardless, then the Irish/EU can do whatever they want for their side of the border? I wonder who the IRA would blame if they put up a border on the Irish/EU side? Would they start bombing in Dublin or Brussels?
I thought the IRA had handed over their guns? Mind you a quick call to the Whitehouse will sort - that brilliant strategist Donald Trump I'm sure will happily sell them some weapons like he has the Saudi's only as the Americans often find out later, their 'friends' they arm turn against them later - short-term gain of a few, to put many lives long term at risk.
By Ketron
And - every American President and British Prime Minister have been selling weapons to the Saudi's for 6 decades.
So , Trump shouldn't be singled out for this.
By Paulwps
I'm on my second Hyundai i30 So impressed with the first one (which I have to my daughter) I bought another
Which is even better. Her's is now 9 yrs old mine 5. Not one problem with either.
And the newer one flies ! Even with over 60 mpg.
By TVTechnology
I'm on my second Hyundai i30 So impressed with the first one (which I have to my daughter) I bought another
Which is even better. Her's is now 9 yrs old mine 5. Not one problem with either.
And the newer one flies ! Even with over 60 mpg.
It does not fly, that is perception, perhaps in comparison with the last one :wink:
I am happy for you that you are happy :D However the point was not to insult Hyundai or their owners - just to make the point it is generally not a car a petrol head or real car lover would purchase as it's 'white goods' - efficient, but little else to excite. That aside, you can't knock their warranty and reliability seems pretty good.

A petrol head would quote quotes BHP ! not MPG

If you do wish to dust off a few cobwebs and get a Hyundai that finally drives like it's not on it's way to a funeral :wink: (i'll get myself into trouble), treat yourself to this one for your next Hyundai hatch, it's a cracker. https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-review/hyundai/i30-n
By Paulwps
I gave up being a boy racer years ago , reliability,economy and equipment are what I go for,
If I wanted a gas guzzler i would buy one.
But my bike would give most a run for their money.
By TVTechnology
I gave up being a boy racer years ago , reliability,economy and equipment are what I go for,
If I wanted a gas guzzler i would buy one.
But my bike would give most a run for their money.
Bikes on a straight road will always win the day speed wise - bang for your buck. But dangerous however fast you go due to other road users, play safe. My 24-year-old friend died in June on his motorbike, so I struggle with bikes a little currently. No safety net of a steel shell.

I'd class a gas guzzler as an old American v8, many of the newer petrol cars are surprisingly efficient, even ones with a little performance.

I have a car that has nearly the same emissions output as an older Clio Diesel 1.4, which is pretty good considering it's a 3 litre twin turbo.

Economy, current car not as good, im getting around in old money - about 27-28 mpg real world, so I reckon i'm doing an extra €50- €100 a month in fuel at most over a little petrol hatch. BUT For the grin it puts on my face, compared to the clio diesel, i'll wear the extra €100. :D However if you compare to 20 years ago, I have supercar performance (nearly) for hot hatch economy. A sensible compromise? My old clio supposedly did 55-60mpg odd, but those figures are nonsense, when you look at the real world and bother to add it up, was never more than 38mpg. So the cost of fun is 10mpg or roughly +25% on my ongoing fuel bill.

I am a self-confessed petrol head, not a boy racer, but do like a bit of performance. I've eked out not far off 400bhp out of a plain looking rear wheel drive hatchback. Watching Porsche & Mercedes drivers scratching their heads disappearing in my rear view mirror - I find amusing, as often they sit on the road, like they own it :D . I also find have a little more power can get you out of trouble, when you least expect it. Having a fast car, doesn't mean you have to drive fast or like an idiot all the time - but it's good to have it when you need it.

It takes all sorts, to make a market ;-) Personally the sound of a proper petrol engine singing, restored my soul back to life after playing sensible for years with a little diesel - perfectly good, but fun? No.

If you want sensible or economical & fun (but not fast), pick up a MK2 MX5 as you simply won't do any money on them at all. We bought a wreck at €1000, spent another couple on the engine/respray - maybe €3000-€3500 stood us in, we also have all the bills for the works - it's worth €4500-€5500 locally, the beauty of it, is it's not going down - only up in value (slowly). Rear wheel drive, convertible and fun with no depreciation. Also economical. The downside, it's pretty slow with 105bhp...One of the best manual gearboxes, in any car, at any price.
Dyson

Hi Chas, I have a v10 animal which has a multitude[…]

RYANAIR

I did ask that NO I had to take it through then I […]

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/na[…]

wanted three wheel bike

has anyone a three wheel cycle that is surplus for[…]

Gift tax

From Blevin Franks a bit of useful info Capital […]

Hi, how do I pay the 5 euros?

MECHANIC WANTED

Chris tel 648938619 based in Quesada.