Torrevieja Forum

Here you can discuss anything that you wish.
( Within Reason !!!! )

Moderator: Moderator

By Ianhaig25
Burrababa wrote:Wages --UP

Unemployment-- Full employment

Youth unemployment--dramatically down

Will they give credit to BREXIT--take a bow :D :D

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-45481485

No you can't credit brexit with that for the most obvious of FACTS. We haven't had brexit yet.

In case you hadn't noticed all the above has happened because we have NOT LEFT THE EU YET.

So if you think that us all good, then you need to change tune and thank the EU.

But that won't happen.
By old boy
And by the same token, I assume we should also credit the threat of Brexit for the fact that the NHS had circa 108,000 unfilled clinical positions plus about 35,000 clerical, administrative and other non-clinical posts requiring filling.

And there there is real evidence that the impending threat of Brexit plus the hardening of immigration rules has had a huge detrimental effect.
By Kinchy
So are you all saying :

Negatives are due to impending BREXIT

Positives --because we are still in EU

Exactly!! Remoaners will distort the facts to try and support their inane efforts to try and overturn the democratic vote of 17.4 million people in any perverse manner they can.
By Burrababa
Most people did not realize that Brexit happened the day Article 50 was invoked almost 2 years ago

They also do not know that Article 50 stipulates a definitive period of 2 years for a withdrawal deal to be struck which his where we are now ---nor do they realize that we are out in the event a deal cannot be negotiated.

Brexit was sealed in March 2017-----only the manner of the UK departure is yet to be determined ie deal or no deal

I explained this to Mrs Nelson some time ago---but I think it is only now that the penny has dropped for her as she has become rather withdrawn and uncommunicative on this forum --- :D :D

Well what can I say except --as Del Boy often said --vorsprung durch technik :D
By old boy
Burrababa wrote:
Wed Sep 12, 2018 5:48 pm
Most people did not realize that Brexit happened the day Article 50 was invoked almost 2 years ago

They also do not know that Article 50 stipulates a definitive period of 2 years for a withdrawal deal to be struck which his where we are now ---nor do they realize that we are out in the event a deal cannot be negotiated.

Brexit was sealed in March 2017-----only the manner of the UK departure is yet to be determined ie deal or no deal

This is not factually accurate.

The aim of the government is to implement the Brexit process at the end of March 2019, but that does not mean that the UK will have actually left the EU on that day. In fact, the UK Parliament has already passed legislation that allows for a two or three year period over which the implementation will take place.

And while the EU's Article states that an exit procedure should take place after two years, it also states that, with agreement with the remaining states, the period can be extended. And there is nothing within the EU Articles that I have seen that actually states how long or short any exit implementation should take.

And as things currently stand, I think that it is more likely that a fudge agreement with Brussels will happen rather no deal and then a "hard" exit. I believe that there is more enthusiasm within Parliament (that's both houses) for a deal that protects business and finance rather than a leap into the unknown.

But like the Brexiteers, I know no more than they do.
By Ianhaig25
Burrababa wrote:If it is not factually accurate---what do you think is going to happen on March 29 2019? :wink: :wink:
According to the government if a deal is struck - NOTHING DIFFERENT.

It is just the start of the transition deal.

Without a deal, border chaos, Travel chaos (today a letter from prominent brexiteer and transport secretary warns that planes will not fly to other EU countries)
Kinchy wrote:So are you all saying :

Negatives are due to impending BREXIT

Positives --because we are still in EU

Exactly!! Remoaners will distort the facts to try and support their inane efforts to try and overturn the democratic vote of 17.4 million people in any perverse manner they can.
You need to reread what has been said.
The original post is saying brexit is responsible for the good news in his post.
If brexit has not happened then that nonsense as brexit has not happened yet. FACT.
By Burrababa
So you agree that Brexit will take place on 29 March 2019

Just as I said ---the started with the invoking of Article 50

the finish as I said was the method

ie Deal or no Deal

There is no way back ---even if there is major political upheaval in the UK ------------because being part of the EU is not just about abiding by the legalities of membership --it is primarily a UK political decision.
By rspltd
[i]And while the EU's Article states that an exit procedure should take place after two years, it also states that, with agreement with the remaining states, the period can be extended.[/i] However this still means the country has left and is no longer subject to the treaties.
Perhaps more importantly, and in accordance with Article 49 should the country wish to re-join it states that the terms of the membership will be renegotiated which probably means the U.K. would lose it’s discounts, have to join the Euro and anything else the EU could dream up to punish us.
By Sheff_Blade
TVTechnology wrote:
Thu Sep 13, 2018 9:09 am
Wages up!!!

I don't think so.

Most I know who work in the UK complaining of a wage freeze - bullshit figures.
Once again: "I know a bloke down the pub"! Don't you understand the concept of mean or median? Some people are above the figure; some below. It's amazing how the official figures are acceptable if they confirm your beliefs; if they don't then they're obviously wrong and the bloke down the pub is the font of all knowledge.
golden leaves

Good bit of advice there Chas, I must say evertime[…]

Driving License Change Service

Thanks for the recommendation, i’ve emailed […]

There will be an open air concert in Parque Natura[…]

car key cutting

Mr Minnit, La Zenia.

Ok Pommie . Fair enough... but seriously , would H[…]

Apartment Question

Not all internal work needs permission and it depe[…]

No surprises.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wag_the_Dog ....[…]