Torrevieja Forum

Here you can discuss anything that you wish.
( Within Reason !!!! )

Moderator: Moderator

By TVTechnology
Looks like no ones bitten yet, so i'll go first :D

The other day I thought to myself when people voted, did they actually mention a hard or soft Brexit at the time? As i'm just confused - no one voted or knew what a hard or soft Brexit was - it was not on the form, do you want a hard or soft Brexit.

Teresa May took the impossible job, why is anyone's guess, maybe some blind duty to the country in the hope something was possible.

David Davis, full of excuses, couldn't do his job, quit blaming the PM, did someone not remind him, he was the Brexit Secretary, 2 other MP's and now Boris Johnson (good). You were the department tasked with it and you achieved little other than blaming everyone else.

So the vulture's circle over Mrs.May, question is - i'm not convinced this is her mess - she's been left to clear it up, but as no one around her can agree on a decision including the EU.

The problem is this is tearing business apart and that is at the heart of it and to exit and protect all of those interests is proving 'stalemate' - maybe it is time to give someone else a chance, as clearly the Conservatives haven't done well, but is it the Conservatives, or is this simply 'a poison chalice', so whoever is next up will they do any better? I assume the counter-argument will be, they couldn't do any worse?

You should never allow the public to vote on emotion, as the results will not always be for the greater good - people are gullible and believe a lot of the wrong information, forget Brexit, this is everyday life, so to allow something so fundamentally important to future generations to be voted on without any sort of format or explanation of cause and effect, is a farce. Which is why we are where we are. Whole country confused, no progress made and everyone squabbling over hard/soft Brexit?

Surely the most important thing is to protect the business, jobs, peoples incomes, future pensions - and to make sure skilled workers can work in the UK and UK workers elsewhere.

Maybe the best negotiator of the lot is just around the corner.
By Burrababa
Mr Jones wrote:
Mon Jul 09, 2018 10:53 am
I can’t see Brexit happening can you chaps?
A date for Brexit is set for March 2019 and that will happen

There is no mechanism for turning the clock back----even a General election with a Jeremy Corbyn in charge could not do it

The question really is ----on what terms do we Brexit

I think May's vision is one that will create least disruption to the UK economy and would need to be developed by parliment over a number of years following Brexit ---so in those terms it is a soft Brexit

Having said that the EU may try and force more concessions from her and if she caves in then she either has to sell it to the public and mp's who if they do not support her will then land us in WTO rules as I said before --we cannot turn the clock back

A WTO or hard Brexit as many leavers want is a riskier one
By Sheff_Blade
TVTechnology wrote:
Mon Jul 09, 2018 3:19 pm
The other day I thought to myself when people voted, did they actually mention a hard or soft Brexit at the time? As i'm just confused - no one voted or knew what a hard or soft Brexit was - it was not on the form, do you want a hard or soft Brexit.
That's not exactly what I remember. You can't have watched all those interminable TV debates and discussions that clearly stated (as far as I remember) that hard Brexit equals WTO rules and that a vote to leave meant a vote to leave the single market AND the customs union. This was repeated ad nauseam by BOTH sides including europhiles such as Clegg, Blair, Osborne etc. I think it's reasonable to assume therefore that the majority voted for a hard Brexit.

The Brexit side in the campaign has often been accused of lying and yet all those remainers who claimed we couldn't stay in the single market and the customs union now seem to have changed their minds (or perhaps they were lying too?). I also remember some claiming that what May is proposing now would be worst of both worlds; abiding by the EU rules without having a say (though it's debatable we ever did have a say). But that's my biased recollections!
By Jimbo1916
pete evans wrote:
Mon Jul 09, 2018 4:41 pm
Surely all voting leave knew the risk. If not they voted in the blind. Surely sensible people wouldnt do that, would they?
Of course not. If you listen to the Remainers on here .. and I quote... they were as .... thick as two planks....suckers....traitors ... and to paraphrase the ex- chief non - voting Remainer on here, mrs nellie.....knuckle draggers and turkeys voting for Christmas.
By Jimbo1916
pete evans wrote:
Mon Jul 09, 2018 5:58 pm
dont spoil it like you usually do, lets have a sensible chat.
So why not accept that everybody who took the time and trouble to vote .. in or out .. were sensible .. as I do ... instead of doing what you are doing ... questioning the intelligence of anyone who voted out.

Then we can have a sensible chat.
Last edited by Jimbo1916 on Mon Jul 09, 2018 8:16 pm, edited 3 times in total.
By Burrababa
pete evans wrote:
There are always choices in anything we do

The people chose

It is called Democracy :wink:

You could always take Spanish citizenship and be happy to be in the EU--forever and ever :D :D
By Mr Jones
Hello brexiteers, The Brexit you wanted ( have your cake and eat it ) they said no to that before the vote but you voted leave anyway. You did know what you where voting for didn’t you, you voted for a not possible Brexit.
Last edited by Mr Jones on Mon Jul 09, 2018 9:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.
By Mr Jones
Jimbo1916 wrote:
Mon Jul 09, 2018 6:12 pm
pete evans wrote:
So why not except that everybody who took the time and trouble to vote .. in or out .. were sensible .. as I do ... instead of doing what you are doing ... questioning the intelligence of anyone who voted out.

Then we can have a sensible chat.
Do you mean accept ?

I take exception to poor spelling, even from thicko knuckle draggers like you
By Jimbo1916
pete evans wrote:
Mon Jul 09, 2018 7:18 pm
I knew you would spoil it again, childish drivel.
Well you intimated that people who voted Brexit were not ' sensible'

You don't like it when you're brought to book do you. :lol:
By Mr Jones
I feel sorry for brexiteers, they believed what they read on the red bus, and believed that we could have full benefit of membership without any contribution. Europe said this deal was not possible and yet they voted.

Sensible or simpletons :lol:
By Burrababa
Mr Jones wrote:
Mon Jul 09, 2018 9:08 pm
I feel sorry for brexiteers, they believed what they read on the red bus, and believed that we could have full benefit of membership without any contribution. Europe said this deal was not possible and yet they voted.

Sensible or simpletons :lol:
Europe says it will not give the UK what it wants--no cherry picking they say

but

Why are they still negotiating with the UK ??? :D :D :D
By Mr Jones
They are Probably waiting for the government to collapse and for the uk to walk away from the table and continue as normal. This is a lesson for any other country who is daft enough to attempt what we are doing, 2 years of uncertainty 2 years of talking to get to this point. Who do you think will be the next country to have a go ?
Brexit Negotiations

sure--but they cater to different audiences The D[…]

Your opinions

Mate it’s like brexit, find out what it is […]

Roll it in glitter Brexit

I think immigration has a huge impact on infrast[…]

Would you trust Labour

Mr Jones, please take off your blinkers; although […]

If anyone knows of someone who is driving to N.I i[…]

Durty Nellys Torrevieja

Sorry Bee, You are of course correct, you must hav[…]

Novichock conspiracy