Torrevieja Forum

Here you can discuss anything that you wish.
( Within Reason !!!! )

Moderator: Moderator

By Mr Jones
I expected a lengthy silence after that but bloody hell the tale of the Marie Celeste springs to mind.
By Jimbo1916
Mr Jones wrote:
Thu Jun 28, 2018 9:37 am
I expected a lengthy silence after that but bloody hell the tale of the Marie Celeste springs to mind.
Hahahaha.....Hark at the forum brainbox.... :lol: :lol:

And like the Mary Celeste ( correct spelling dopey ) your head was also found abandoned and empty... :lol: :lol: :lol:
By Mr Jones
What fact?

I thought you had left us, too embarassed by the Brexit fiasco you voted for, but I was mistaken.
By harry
a friend works for AirBus, before the vote, every employee received an email "encouraging" them to vote Remain - nothing they say holds any value whatsoever!
By old boy
harry wrote:
Sun Jul 01, 2018 10:26 am
a friend works for AirBus, before the vote, every employee received an email "encouraging" them to vote Remain - nothing they say holds any value whatsoever!

Please explain where there is a contradiction.

Firstly , you claim that they encouraged their employees to vote Remain, obviously because Airbus believes that the company would be better served if the UK remained part of the EU.

And now that the electorate has decided that the UK should leave the EU, Airbus are saying that in the best interest of the company they need clarity about how Brexit is going to affect their company so that they, the company, can make decisions about how they are going to proceed.
By harry
old boy wrote:
Sun Jul 01, 2018 10:35 am
harry wrote:
Sun Jul 01, 2018 10:26 am

Please explain where there is a contradiction.

Firstly , you claim that they encouraged their employees to vote Remain, obviously because Airbus believes that the company would be better served if the UK remained part of the EU.

And now that the electorate has decided that the UK should leave the EU, Airbus are saying that in the best interest of the company they need clarity about how Brexit is going to affect their company so that they, the company, can make decisions about how they are going to proceed.
the wording was in the same defiant Project Fear tone - "you vote Remain or else!"
By old boy
harry wrote:
Mon Jul 02, 2018 8:57 am
the wording was in the same defiant Project Fear tone - "you vote Remain or else!"

Isn't there a possibility that that may become true in time? Maybe Airbus will decide that they will transfer wing technology to another facility within the EU, one that doesn't entail having to fly/float the wings to Germany? One that may not have to cross a hard border? A decision that may cost a lot of their UK employees their jobs?

These are amongst the things that might well happen if the UK chooses to implement a "hard" Brexit.
By Ianhaig25
harry wrote:the wording was in the same defiant Project Fear tone - "you vote Remain or else!"

Was that like vote leave it else 70 million Turks will be arriving.

Might have helped if your friend read what the letter actually said as opposed to thinking what it said or gave you the letter to decide yourself.

Read it for yourself in the link below.

The report states :
The letter does not directly tell employees how they should vote but clarifies the company's position.

https://www.dailypost.co.uk/business/bu ... s-11134618

So they predicted what may happen. They were being more honest than most.
By Ketron
The best laugh of the lot was - Project Fear predicting so many disaster's ( which haven't - and won't occur ) if The British voting public had the audacity to vote "leave" !
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
By old boy
Ketron wrote:
Mon Jul 02, 2018 12:14 pm
The best laugh of the lot was - Project Fear predicting so many disaster's ( which haven't - and won't occur ) if The British voting public had the audacity to vote "leave" !
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Wake up at the back. Brexit hasn't happened yet.
By Ketron
It's you that needs to wake up , Old boy .

The scaremongers said a "leave" vote ( not a 2 year transitional period .. which neither side even predicted ) would send the finacial markets into "meltdown", within day's.
Along with other predictions , that they also got hopelessly wrong ... remainers are still looking very silly , to say the least !
Roll on Brexit ! :D :D :D
By Jimbo1916
That was still a veiled attempt by Airbus to influence it`s workforce no matter how you look at it .. with a slight hint that things may not look too good for future investment if the UK left the EU.

I wonder how many employees were concerned about their future and voted Remain.

Well the UK`s coming out anyway ... so live with it.
By Ianhaig25
Ketron wrote:The scaremongers said a "leave" vote ( not a 2 year transitional period .. which neither side even predicted ) would send the finacial markets into "meltdown", within day's.
That is true, but fortunately the Boe did not sit back and do nothing they took action to prevent the worst.

giving evidence to the Treasury Select Committee on Tuesday, Mr Carney said the Bank's offer of large-scale liquidity to financial markets on the morning of 24 June and a cut in the capital requirements on banks in July had helped the economy avoid a potentially damaging financial crunch.

“You won’t like me for saying this, but success is an orphan on this,” he said.

“In terms of the financial-stability risks around the referendum, the bank did take some serious steps. If we hadn’t done that, there would have been macroeconomic consequences. It’s important we did. We just have to accept we will never get any credit for it.”

The UK is coming out but judging by the negotiations it will not be noticeable for a very long time if ever.
By Mr Jones
Is it coming out?

I can’t see it happening, we are all bored with it , I think we will have a national sigh of relief when the process is abandoned and normal service is resumed.
Visiting the housebound

I have just been speaking to a lady who is visitin[…]

Importing our motorhome

Does anyone know if the Amanda mentioned in the […]

Whole Frozen Duck

Have seen whole frozen duck in Lidl.

PMs

Click on your name top right, drop down ''control […]

Tablet to Tv

Alf (and others who post similar questions on here[…]

Iberdrola

00 34 916 496 330 It’s the number I use to […]