Torrevieja Forum

Here you can discuss anything that you wish.
( Within Reason !!!! )

Moderator: Moderator

By Burrababa
As I said before on another thread--IMF and other organizations tend to promote worst case scenarios for the UK whilst softening figures fr European countries --one can only wonder why this is so :wink:

The UK then outperforms the forecast and it is downplayed as is the quiet adjustment downwards of EU countries. I won't go into why I think this is being done but I am sure you have a good idea.

Take the recent case of Germany--Europe's powerhouse--Last year GDP forecast was 2.5 % and now the Bundesbank has downgraded this to 2% which is in line with UK growth.

What is more growth for 2019 is now downgraded to 1.9% and 2020 now down to 1.6% --no doubt these figures will be downgraded at a future date whereas UK figures are always upgraded.

If this had been forecast for the UK then people would have been screaming that this is the Brexit effect.

Keep the faith guys --it is wise to be cautious but it is also wise to take calculated risks--Brexit is a calculated risk no doubt but if the country pulls together and maximizes its strong points--and there are many--then the UK will continue to prosper --possibly faster than the EU. The people will be vindicated I am sure.
By Ketron
Good accurate post, Burrababa .
Although , i have a feeling Mr Jones won't get it .

Maybe , it's time for him to seek refuge , in a care home, catering for the Perpetually Bewildered ?
:lol: :lol: :lol:
By Mr Jones
Just explain this to me ketron,
You support a rich speculator who is probably banking ( shorting ) on a disaster that will cripple our country and have huge impact on the likes of us, he’s a Tory he’s loaded, you are a Tory pensioner and probably not loaded, what’s in it for you other than the pleasure only a sycophantic idiot like yourself could glean from your absurd connection with the man.
By Kinchy
I’m saying nothing about the strikes, however on the subject of the Europeans perception of us Brits, surely the appropriate term is “ thick man of europe”

Half the voting public choosing an option they didn’t understand on the last referendum.

Oh oh, here we again have Jonesy giving us the considered opinion (if one could call it that ) along with all the other platitudes as to why 52% of the UK are the thick men of Europe without giving the forum his infinite wisdom as to what the alternatives he would propose. Jonesy stated in earlier postings that he would not debate Brexit , yet here he is spouting his crap without any modicum of backup.
He cannot answer any questions posed regarding the complex issues surrounding the Brexit negotiations, but still drones on with his drivel.
By Jimbo1916
Kinchy wrote:
Thu Jun 21, 2018 7:12 pm
He cannot answer any questions posed regarding the complex issues surrounding the Brexit negotiations, but still drones on with his drivel.
Like someone else we used to know. :D

" Four legs good......Two legs bad. " :lol: :lol: :lol:
By Mr Jones
Bb are you going on about a wonky table or mrs May and an unstable cabinet.

Kinchy I’m not going to get in to deep debate and argue about abbreviations, but I will say this regarding the vote, did you know how the irish border issue was going to be sorted when you chose leave?

you didn’t did you, I’m right you are wrong, no clever debate needed.

Ketron, I hear there is a job for you back in Scotland, your village has a position to fill

:lol:
By Kinchy
Kinchy I’m not going to get in to deep debate and argue about abbreviations, but I will say this regarding the vote, did you know how the irish border issue was going to be sorted when you chose leave?

you didn’t did you, I’m right you are wrong, no clever debate needed.

Ah my deluded "friend". First of all you have no idea about the matters I have asked you to elaborate upon.
The Irish (note the capital I by the way) was a matter that I had discussed with friends and former colleagues on both sides of the "border" and they stated that as long as the CTA continued as it has and did when I worked in both the Republic and the six counties they saw no reason for an extended and prolonged debate regarding the so called "border" problem.
Jonesy, one cannot have a "clever debate" as you call it with you,, because, and it is very sad for me to say this, that your postings are full of platitudes, lacking in content and substance, lacking in reasoned argument, lacking in alternatives, lacking in facts, but extremely overloaded with nothing more than (to use your word) sh*t.

I'm right and your wrong as you put it ? What inane utter crap. Jonesy I have a question for you. Is it true that your mouth bleeds every 28 days> :lol:
By Mr Jones
If thousands of jobs go, I wonder will they say yes we knew that was going to happen when we voted for the mystery tour :lol:
By Jimbo1916
Don`t you two get bored spouting the same empty, say nothing, drivel day in and day out .. Because it sure as hell bores the rest of us. :lol: :lol:

IN or OUT ..... YES or NO .... Simple .. innit.
... :lol: :lol: :lol:

By the way, did either of you know what you were voting for when you voted to remain .. because in not one of your posts full of drivel have either of you said why you did and for what reason.....NOT ONE.

That`s if you voted of course and not done a Nellie and pretended that you did. :lol: :lol:
By Mr Jones
You haven’t got a clue bb2, just like the rest of them,

As I said you guys voted to leave, you just didn’t know whether it was going to be through the front door the back door or as a human cannon ball. 2 years have gone by and nobody has a clue what the final deal looks like, especially the plonkers who are trying to deliver it. It’s wise not to reveal your hand in a card game or negotiation I get that, the problem here is that europe is playing poker and the U.K. is playing snap :lol:
By Burrababa
Hi Jonesy--you are arguing against yourself mate :wink:

If as you say --nobody knows what the final Brexit deal is going to look like----and if we accept that statement at face value !!!

Can you please explain why you are other Remoaners are still banging on about Sodom and Gomorrah hitting the UK? :D

You can't be Mrs Nelson----even she would have worked that out by now :D
Lloret de Mar

Thank you for that info.

Not that it will serve any purpose on here, but wh[…]

Driving License Change Service

Thanks freddo will contact him Mark

:lol: :lol: :lol:

No surprises.

And mine too. It was a planned operation from star[…]

Property Rental Agents?

Have a drive round the area you want to move to an[…]

You could also try holding the On button on tv for[…]