Torrevieja Forum

Here you can discuss anything that you wish.
( Within Reason !!!! )

Moderator: Moderator

By Burrababa
A label often used to describe Britain--wrong in my opinion------however if you look at the strikes and disruption on a regular basis in Spain and especially France---you have to say that these guys are dragging us down--flights cancelled --people disappointed --costs to individuals and economy--unbelieveable!

FLIGHTS to Spain could be cancelled this week as Spanish air controllers strike, potentially affecting the holiday plans of thousands of Britons as they begin their summer travels 2018.
By old boy
Isn't it of greater importance that members of the UK working population are unable to get to work because of strikes, rather than disrupting the plans of those swanning off on their holidays?
By Burrababa
old boy wrote:
Tue Jun 19, 2018 3:20 pm
Isn't it of greater importance that members of the UK working population are unable to get to work because of strikes, rather than disrupting the plans of those swanning off on their holidays?
No it isn't-----people work hard for their holidays --the underlying point I was making and which you seem to have missed is that industrial disruption in these countries impacts negatively on the quality of live for the populations of Europe and GDP of these countries.
By old boy
Burrababa wrote:
Tue Jun 19, 2018 4:11 pm
old boy wrote:
Tue Jun 19, 2018 3:20 pm
No it isn't-----people work hard for their holidays --the underlying point I was making and which you seem to have missed is that industrial disruption in these countries impacts negatively on the quality of live for the populations of Europe and GDP of these countries.

The fact that may workers in the UK are struggling to get to their job places, and some are being sacked because because they are failing to get to work, is of far more importance than people being inconvenienced during their holiday travel.

I am more concerned about what happens in the UK than elsewhere, and the UK's GDP is being adversely affected by the transport workers strikes in the UK. Today, both of my sons are unable to get to work because of the industrial (in)action by the rail unions whose members have been guaranteed to keep their jobs. The same doesn't apply to my sons, though!
By Burrababa
Recent strikes seen in France recently dwarf anything that has happened in the UK recently--I do sympathise with all who have been adversely affected and while someone like Jonesy will say that a worker has the right to withdraw labour--a point I would agree with---the issue here is that poor Industrial relations is less of a problem in the UK now when compared with Europe.
By Mr Jones
I’m saying nothing about the strikes, however on the subject of the Europeans perception of us Brits, surely the appropriate term is “ thick man of europe”

Half the voting public choosing an option they didn’t understand on the last referendum.

:D
By Ketron
Option , Mr Jones ???
It was a straightforward in / out question.
I can understand your good self having difficulty grasping that simplicity . But for everyone that wanted to leave the E.U. , it couldn't have been easier to understand !
By Burrababa
Mr Jones wrote:
Wed Jun 20, 2018 8:04 pm
I’m saying nothing about the strikes, however on the subject of the Europeans perception of us Brits, surely the appropriate term is “ thick man of europe”

Half the voting public choosing an option they didn’t understand on the last referendum.
:D
If indeed Europeans see the Brits as thick ----then that can only be because the Remoaners who lost the referendum vote --and obviously did not understand the question :D keep trying to frustrate Brexit and keep failing :wink:
By Mr Jones
Leaving europe without actually knowing whether it was through the front door the front window or off the 31st floor without a parachute. Thinking we would all carry on as normal without any of the costs, as I said thick.
By Jimbo1916
I don`t know why you all bother with this Nellie wanabee.

He hasn`t got a clue either has he. Just pointless, meaningless guff. :lol: :lol:
By old boy
Burrababa wrote:
Thu Jun 21, 2018 12:27 am
Mr Jones wrote:
Wed Jun 20, 2018 10:24 pm
You didn’t have a clue what the implications of your vote would bring about did you ?
what implications??? :D

As I wrote elsewhere, and which I am sure that you will have read, even Jacob Rees Smug believes that there will be serious implications for when the UK leaves the EU.

Which is why his investment firm, that he still runs, has very recently opened a subsidiary in Dublin so that they can still trade within being hindered within the EU and which he acknowledges will be subject to EU legislation and regulation.

He has also circulated a prospectus in which it is stated that they are expecting severe turbulence once Brexit happens, and that profits are bound to be hit.

And that's from the UK's number one so called "hard Brexit" with no deal supporter.
By Ketron
Good for Jacob . :D
Like Donald Trump - he is very astute . :wink:
I can't think of a better man to lead Brexit .
Might be worth investing in his companies(s). :)
By Mr Jones
Jimbo and ketron, just read what old boy has said, let me know if you struggle understanding it you thickos.

Ketron supporting someone who is going to benefit from the suffering of people like yourself has to be the height of stupidity.
Visiting the housebound

I have just been speaking to a lady who is visitin[…]

Importing our motorhome

Does anyone know if the Amanda mentioned in the […]

Whole Frozen Duck

Have seen whole frozen duck in Lidl.

PMs

Click on your name top right, drop down ''control […]

Tablet to Tv

Alf (and others who post similar questions on here[…]

Iberdrola

00 34 916 496 330 It’s the number I use to […]