Torrevieja Forum

Here you can discuss anything that you wish.
( Within Reason !!!! )

Moderator: Moderator

The number of people under the age of 30 who are members of a trade union has fallen significantly since 2001.

Figures from the Trades Union Congress provided to the BBC reveal membership levels among the under-30s have fallen from 20.1% in 2001 to 15.7% in 2017.

In the private sector, which employs more than 80% of 21 to 30-year-olds, the figure fell from 12.6% to to 9%.

It comes despite the pay gap between younger and older workers rising by more than half in the past 20 years.
Hello brabba, a lot of Young people can’t afford to move out of the hotel de mama, and are conditioned for subservience in their 8 hour a week full time minimum wage jobs, why would they plot to withhold their labour, god help us if we ever have a war, let’s hope it’s not raining and taking place while love island is on the telly

:lol:
Mr Jones wrote:
Mon Jun 04, 2018 6:06 pm
Hello brabba, a lot of Young people can’t afford to move out of the hotel de mama, and are conditioned for subservience in their 8 hour a week full time minimum wage jobs, why would they plot to withhold their labour, god help us if we ever have a war, let’s hope it’s not raining and taking place while love island is on the telly

:lol:
Why do you think union members spend their time plotting to withhold their labour? Unions need to be able to provide a vision to young people to show that they are working in their best interests in a legal way. Good industrial relations should be an important objective of both employers and unions.
Unions fight for rights but they also have responsibilities.

It seems that young people are not convinced that unions are as relevant now as they may have been 30/40 years ago--possibly because employers have become more self regulating and as Government provides better legal protection for workers.
So there we have it.

I see we're back to the usual smiley after the usual inane drivel with the usual non relevance or reference to the OP whatseoever ... War, rain, love island, telly etc, etc.

Look familiar. ... Time to consign mrs jones to the bin. :D
It seems that young people are not convinced that unions are as relevant now as they may have been 30/40 years ago--possibly because employers have become more self regulating and as Government provides better legal protection for workers.
I spat my coffee out reading that nonsense, do you think the self employed sub minimum wage employees of amazon agree with you?
Last edited by Mr Jones on Tue Jun 05, 2018 6:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Mr Jones wrote:
Tue Jun 05, 2018 9:55 am
I spat my coffee out reading that nonsense, do you think the self employed sub minimum wage employees of amazon agree with you?
Yes Jonesy--they must do :D

Here is a statement from the TUC issued last week----

Younger workers are becoming increasingly reluctant to join trade unions as they don’t see the relevance of the organisations, the general secretary of the largest union has said.

The Trades Union Congress announced that its membership levels among those aged under 30 had fallen from 20.1 per cent to 15.7 per cent in the last 17 years.

The decline led to the TUC general secretary Frances O'Grady to call for change warning there was the real possibility that trade unions would cease to exist within a few decades.

Hey Jonesy--you are old school buddy---living in the past-- :D

I wish Mrs Nelson were here--at least I could wind her up good and proper :D

You Jonesy are just an old gaffer-- I mean that with no disrespect---your generation had it great in the UK --just chill and enjoy your retirement :D :D :
Do amazon workers have the chance to be in a union and fight to improve their conditions? I bet they would go the back of the queue for hours if they tried it.
Yes I’m old, and was working from an early age, I never had the option to live with my parents till I was 40, times have changed in a big way. As I suggested in another post heaven help us if there is a war, this generation won’t fight for better conditions for themselves they certainly won’t be bending over backwards to fight for king and country or the likes of us wealthy pensioners will they ?
Last edited by Mr Jones on Tue Jun 05, 2018 6:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MJ comes out with the biggest load of bovine refuse I have ever read.
Another war, what on earth is he /she rambling on about?
How MJ do you know that Amazon workers are on less than the minimum wage?
Your answer would be helpful if backed up by facts- but then I rather doubt you have any to utter forth :lol:
All p**s and wind as usual,
Swimming in Torrevieja

There was people in the sea in November / December[…]

Ketron,soapy and Ken Good posts and very much to t[…]

Lloret de Mar

Initially we went to Rosa´s Tours in Ciudad […]

No surprises.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wag_the_Dog

Apartment Question

What's planning permission for Fred just for kno[…]

Thanks

Trump, is he not looking after his fellow America[…]