Torrevieja Forum

Here you can discuss anything that you wish.
( Within Reason !!!! )

Moderator: Moderator

By TVTechnology
I think if business has to absorb 20 billion a year in additional costs, this is likely to get passed onto the consumers, which I am sure would not make them happy.

UK is very expensive and some costs food for example have crept up 12-15% since Brexit announcement and clearly wages have not. House prices and rents up, living costs up and now a reported potential £20 billion in costs added to businesses, which will not help keeping pennies in peoples pockets.

People are happy when they can afford to feed themselves and keep a roof over their heads. Brexit or no Brexit, continually increasing living costs above people's salary will exacerbate matters financially for those not 'well off' - currently there is nothing positive showing from the Brexit, perhaps in the far-off future when all settles down and deals done, we'll know then. Currently, UK is worse off - people will argue it's about the future - which is fair enough - ironically they believe over 90% of those who are now old enough to vote (not at the time) would have voted remain - but it was not their time. That is 2 million unhappy teenagers (yes I know, they are always unhappy) :wink:

I think by the time they get to the end of this, it will be Brexit in name only as clearly everyone seems to be scrabbling around promising different things with time marching on and we've been told it is simply not possible to execute all the deals in given time frame.

I'm glad i'm in Spain - as far as I can see the only thing the Brexit has brought so far - is families and friends (and forum members) arguing amongst themselves, a devaluation of the pound pushing up costs in UK & a jump in racism and knife crime - as the racists seem to have a voice as they were first in line to 'protect the borders'. Personally, I can't see why anyone would want to stay?

Brexit affecting Spanish trade.
https://elpais.com/elpais/2018/05/18/in ... 85859.html

Up until now, British tourism to Spain has been largely unaffected by the United Kingdom’s upcoming exit from the European Union. But the same cannot be said for the sale of Spanish goods. According to a report by the Bank of Spain published on Thursday, the strong, consecutive growth of Spanish exports to the UK came to a halt in 2017 after five years of progress.

The report found that sales of Spanish goods to Britain fell by 6% last year, as uncertainty over Brexit caused the pound to retreat against the euro. At the same time, Spanish exports to the European Union rose by 8%. In other words,
By old boy
It is impossible to state that food prices have risen due solely to Brexit.

One of the major driving forces (no pun intended) behind inflation has been the rising cost of transportation due in part to increasing fuel prices, and the transport of foodstuffs is not immune to that.

As it is, the latest inflation figures show that food and non alcoholic beverage prices have been coming down recently, although that may change shortly because fuel prices are on the increase yet again.

Nothing can be taken in isolation.

From a firm remainer.
By Jimbo1916
TVTechnology wrote:
Thu May 24, 2018 11:26 am
I'm glad i'm in Spain - as far as I can see the only thing the Brexit has brought so far - is , a devaluation of the pound pushing up costs in UK & a jump in racism and knife crime
Really ... I`ve heard it all now. :D

Is there anything that you can't blame on Brexit. :D
By Lincoln45
One of the main reasons for rising food prices has been down to the weather, not just rising fuel prices and Brexit.

As for exports to the UK from Spain, its been the same for products produced in the UK for the UK. People in the UK are not buying as they used to, they don't have the money. We have had several years of so called austerity (a lot of pain for no gain). Many people have not had any pay rises in these years and have been living off their credit cards, and now the chickens are coming home to roost.

As for what the pound is worth. Who has the right to say what the pound is worth.
For a long time before Brexit, the financial industry were saying the pound was overvalued. As for the pound devaluing after Brexit, a lot of that was down to that twat the chancellor forecasting doom and gloom along with that other twat Carnage Carney, forecasting doom and gloom, then lowering interest rates and flooding the market with sterling the day after the vote!

But what the hell, lets blame it on brexit.

The journalists of today seem to be unable to produce balanced reporting. As long as it grabs the headlines, they don't seem to care.
By Kinchy
Lincoln45 excellent post
As for knife crime in the capital being down to Brexit, well I have heard it all now.
Do you SERIOUSLY believe that the drug related criminals go out and stab or shoot their gang opponents because of Brexit :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
The weather has been awful because of Brexit, telly is crap - must be due to Brexit, the N332 is slow moving in summer - must be due to Brexit - enough said!
Also, who can say that those who did not vote because of the fact they were not old enough would automatically vote to remain - that is fortune telling at it's best.
Regarding food prices, the UK is subject to the tariffs imposed by the EU in their protectionist fervour to subsidise incompetent farmers across the EU as well as the restrictive tariffs imposed upon third world nations desperately trying to bring themselves out of poverty but cannot export to the EU because of the tariffs which make any product they produce too expensive.
Costs will rise not because of Brexit but one only has to look at the price of oil and the subsequent fuel increases, due to the uncertainty regarding oil supplies from Iran and Venezuela, but then lets blame it on Brexit :shock:
Is it not bizarre that OFFICIALLY wages have risen higher than inflation? But that must be a Brexit lie.
By Ketron
Jimbo1916 wrote:
Thu May 24, 2018 12:32 pm
TVTechnology wrote:
Thu May 24, 2018 11:26 am
I'm glad i'm in Spain - as far as I can see the only thing the Brexit has brought so far - is , a devaluation of the pound pushing up costs in UK & a jump in racism and knife crime
Really ... I`ve heard it all now. :D

Is there anything that you can't blame on Brexit. :D.
.......................................................................................................................................
I guess the Dog Crap on the pavements is down to Brexit as well ? :lol:
By TVTechnology
I can see why Mrs. Nelson left.

Most of the costs are down to the pound devaluing - a child can work that out. Anyone who deals in money and investments knows the facts. Weather ;-) I don't think that affects frozen ready meals and sweets also....

I won't revisit this thread. Or comment on politics as nasty old bored people wait in the wings for a quick snipe & to prove how clever they are not, which is where I can see the error of my ways, saying something that the bitter sideline swipers can have a dig at.

I've done my homework. You have your opinions & I have mine.
By Kinchy
Most of the costs are down to the pound devaluing - a child can work that out. Anyone who deals in money and investments knows the facts. Weather I don't think that affects frozen ready meals and sweets also....

So does that mean that all prices are rising because of the pound/euro exchange?
I would doubt that very much. The ONS and several other august think tanks have stated that without the EU tariffs clothing and food would be cheaper.

I won't revisit this thread. Or comment on politics as nasty old bored people wait in the wings for a quick snipe & to prove how clever they are not, which is where I can see the error of my ways, saying something that the bitter sideline swipers can have a dig at.

Wow - well we do not need Kev Tyler when you seem to be a suitable insulting replacement candidate.

I've done my homework. You have your opinions & I have mine.

The fact that you have done your homework and have your opinions does not actually prove you are correct.
Are many of your opinions based upon extra costs that have been inflicted upon your business?
Alastair Campbell on This Week

Last night on This Week, Andrew Neil asked Alastai[…]

Aliluz Electricity supplier

Does anyone use this company for their electricity[…]

EOC2611P

Painter wanted

looking for a painter to paint kitchen. Villamarti[…]

Water Sports

Wet suit needed😕

Satelite receiver scanning

Thanks Satandpcguy will have to get it aligned

Jeweller