Torrevieja Forum

Here you can discuss anything that you wish.
( Within Reason !!!! )

Moderator: Moderator

By Jimbo1916
So nice to see other forums worrying about this forum and how it`s moderated and lamenting the non demise of us. ... especially by those who were booted off of here.... several times. :D

Nothing to do with bullying or bullies.

You can have a heated sensible discussion about politics without resorting to personal abuse, calling people by numbers ( isn`t B1 a vitamin :lol: ) and just being generally nasty.

Well all that`s gone now ... I wonder why.

My advice is... `KEEP YOUR OWN HOUSE IN ORDER, MIND YOUR OWN BUSINESS AND KEEP YOUR NOSE OUT OF OURS ` ... and stop pestering Fred about his tools. :wink:
Last edited by Jimbo1916 on Wed May 23, 2018 7:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
By Mr Jones
Would you really be upset if someone called you J16 Jimbo?

I never understood why Kev upset you so much with his abbreviations, he was fighting a lone war on many fronts, I understood his need for speed. I failed to see any malice on his part.

MJ
By Wendy
Never any malice in Kev, he was fighting a losing battle with those who must be agreed with, I miss him.
By Jimbo1916
As I`ve said many times, when he was Kevin Tyler, he was one of the nicest people you could ever meet and it was an honour to be his friend. and to know his lovely family. He argued his cause with a lot of honour, common sense and above all, humour. He respected and listened to anyone with a differing opinion without the need for abuse or silly name calling ..... I miss him too.

We were a regular supporter at many of his gigs. In fact a crowd of us went to see him at Crystals, La Fuente CC and we all wore Maggie Thatcher badges. Kevin took it all in his stride and accepted it for what it was...a bit of a laugh. In fact I`ve got a photo of him wearing one. Happy days. :D

I wouldn`t give you tuppence for Mrs Nelson.
By Burrababa
Yes --I too miss Mrs Nelson and I do hope she can resurrect herself on this forum but in a non combative way.

It seems that she was removed for intentionally being profane and that can never be condoned on any forum .

No forum should be a place for insult or abuse and if Mrs Nelson felt aggrieved in any way, then she should have addressed this via the moderators. I am sure she would still be with us if she had done this.

Nobody controls what people say on here except the moderators as it should be. If people feel intimidated or have concerns about this then again bring specific concerns to the moderators attention. Making general and vague accusations is not to be recommended.
By Jimbo1916
Burrababa wrote:
Tue May 22, 2018 4:05 pm
Yes --I too miss Mrs Nelson and I do hope she can resurrect herself on this forum but in a non combative way.

It seems that she was removed for intentionally being profane and that can never be condoned on any forum .

No forum should be a place for insult or abuse and if Mrs Nelson felt aggrieved in any way, then she should have addressed this via the moderators. I am sure she would still be with us if she had done this.

Nobody controls what people say on here except the moderators as it should be. If people feel intimidated or have concerns about this then again bring specific concerns to the moderators attention. Making general and vague accusations is not to be recommended.
Mrs Nelson removed himself, as did Kevin Tyler. Kevin did explain why he wanted his account deleted but I can`t remember why now. He re-emerged as Mrs Nelson but made no pretence to the fact that he was still....Kevin Tyler.
By Mr Jones
Good morning, It doesn’t really answer the question though does it, why were you people so upset about an abbreviation? When you are taking minutes at a meeting it’s normal to abbreviate full names to 2 initials.
By Ketron
Mr Jones ...You have a selective memory problem.

When a few of us (myself included ) found ourselves with abbreviated usernames , we adopted the same strategy , and began referring to Mrs Nelson as L.W.

She did not like that one bit , and showed her disdain .

So , the moral of this is ...If you dish it out - be prepared to take it !

Having said that ... I like Kev . :D
By Mr Jones
There is nothing wrong with my memory, I recall he shortened your user name to K1, and you took offence and started going on about your favourite tv show, I just wonder why you took so much offence.
By Ketron
I took no offence whatsoever,
We ( a few of us ) just returned the compliment . It was Mrs N. that objected to being referred to as L.W.
So, we , in turn told her , that as long as she used abbreviations - we'd do the same .
It then petered out . She didn't like it .
By Burrababa
Ketron wrote:
Wed May 23, 2018 9:06 pm
I took no offence whatsoever,
We ( a few of us ) just returned the compliment . It was Mrs N. that objected to being referred to as L.W.
So, we , in turn told her , that as long as she used abbreviations - we'd do the same .
It then petered out . She didn't like it .
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Poor Mrs Nelson--she used to get very upset if things did not go her way

I do wonder how she is keeping? :wink:

Mr Jones claimed to have Mrs Nelson's ear --but now I do question if he even knows Mrs Nelson and if we can rely on him as a reliable source of info. :?:

Come on Jonesy--do you really know Mrs Nelson and are you in regular touch with her? :?:
By Jimbo1916
Mr Jones wrote:
Wed May 23, 2018 4:37 pm
There is nothing wrong with my memory, I recall he shortened your user name to K1, and you took offence and started going on about your favourite tv show, I just wonder why you took so much offence.
Because there was no need for it in the first place, especially when you know it was meant with malice and only directed at people who disagreed with him.

He starting making oblique references to his favourite children`s TV show . When you finally tracked it down, surprise, surprise it contained a couple of characters that he likened to some members on here. What was that all about . :roll:

He was okay dishing it out wasn`t he ... but `all in good banter `.
By Jimbo1916
Burrababa wrote:
Wed May 23, 2018 11:30 pm
Come on Jonesy--do you really know Mrs Nelson and are you in regular touch with her? :?:
Probably sharing the same computer. :wink:
By Mr Jones
I see Kev and luis at the local gigs when I’m in town, but we don’t discuss the forum or it’s users as it’s not the time and place. I’m just wondering ketron why you didn’t abbreviate his name to MN, you obviously haven’t grasped the concept of abbreviation.

EBWWS, whatever happened to him :lol:
By Ketron
Firstly Mr Jones , it wasn't me that chose the abbreviation L.W. for Mrs Nelson.
Having said that - it did seem more appropriate , than plain M.N. , so i was happy to address her in this manner.
Personally , i don't see the sense , or need to abbreviate forum usernames ( it confuses new members ), but it was Mrs Nelson's "brainchild"...not anyone else's .
small dog by plane

Here is a post from 2006 and some of the posters a[…]

Ladies wide fitting shoes

Thanks Bee.

Meson Rio Seco

they have a website on Trip Advisor Thank you[…]

Freddo.

Yes - just noticed that Fred. 😊

Shampoo

i endured your problem for many years, tried all[…]

Days out suggestions

Orihuela, mar menor, Portman especially nice for […]