Torrevieja Forum

Here you can discuss anything that you wish.
( Within Reason !!!! )

Moderator: Moderator

By Jimbo1916
pete evans wrote:
Sat May 12, 2018 8:01 pm
the UK will always be part of the EU.
Someone who has no idea what Brexit means. This the voting form once again. It couldn`t be any more plainer.

IN or OUT ... YES or NO. :lol: :lol:

Brexit.png
By pete evans
so what. we will be out in name but there are too many ties. Things have changed so much in lots of ways since we joined. People like the freedom.
By Mr Jones
I don’t think anyone will be happy if it goes ahead or not, imagine 8 octuplets blowing out the candles on a birthday cake, what are the chances that they will all wish for the same thing? What are the chances that 8 seperate wishes will come true.

Ketron do you honestly think millions of old age pensioners and all the rest who voted leave are going to take to the streets if Mrs May assisted by the lords and her back stabbing cabinet deliver a poor deal?

With relation to jimbos comments,
Jimbo1916 wrote:
Sun May 13, 2018 6:36 am
pete evans wrote:
Sat May 12, 2018 8:01 pm
the UK will always be part of the EU.
Someone who has no idea what Brexit means. This the voting form once again. It couldn`t be any more plainer.

IN or OUT ... YES or NO. :lol: :lol:

It doesn’t say anything about how the irish border will work , free movement of people and what institutions will address the issues of Europeans living in the uk,it does not mention the guarantee brexiteers gave of friction free passage of goods and vip access to all the euro clubs without cost. , to say it was an ambiguous question is an understatement, for anyone to claim that they knew what they were voting for is nothing short of insane.
By Ketron
You obviously didn't listen to David Cameron's pre Referendum speech.
He couldn't have been clearer on the matter.
He said .. It's the People's choice , and out will be out ( of everything ).
Why not look at it on U Tube again ???
By Kinchy
Let us look at some facts re the numbers of people. Over 3 million EU citizens in the UK, namely ONE country. !.3 million UK citizens in 27 EU states (300k in Spain alone) so that equates to 38461 in each of the other EU states.
So who holds most of the cards? The EU? I do not think so. If the Brussels clowns want to play hard ball re citizens rights, then I think the UK has the best hand.

Access to all the Euro clubs :lol: :lol: :lol: They have been paid for over and over again, so now the EUrinal are saying that we cannot take part in the Galileo satellite security system because we may be a"security risk" but have paid £9 billion into it - pathetic bravado nothing else. Maybe we should tell them to take their very important installations on the Falklands to remove them to somewhere else in that case :shock:
You mention the Northern Ireland issue. Would that be the insistence of a hard border between the RoI and NI by the Brussels Clown Club? If you agree with that, you would also have to agree that mainland UK has to have a hard border with the RoI as well. This would mean that all transit shipments via the UK would be subject to customs in and out of the UK, and tariffs and tolls would be charged to cover those costs and the use of UK infrastructure. Also imports from RoI and export to RoI would be subject to external tariffs, both EU and UK. What's good for the goose etc.

So much has changed since we joined ...........ABSOBLINKINGLUTELY!!!!
We the UK did not join a federalist and one size fits all supranational behemoth, we joined a Common Market, based purely upon trade between the original nations who signed up to the Treaty of Rome for trade, not the imposition of countless thousands of petty diktats handed down from faceless bureaucrats sitting comfortably in their shiny glass buildings in Brussels or Strasbourg.
Allow me to quote verbatim from Jean Monnet – one of the founding fathers of the Common Market

"Europe’s nations should be guided towards the superstate without their people understanding what is happening. This can be accomplished by successive steps, each disguised as having an economic purpose, but which will eventually and irreversibly lead to federation.”
Nuff said eh?
The comment about people liking freedom caused me a slight laugh - freedom ? what is freedom when as a nation we have to abide by what is agreed by 27 nations that have nothing in common with our heritage culture and history - utter tosh!
By Jimbo1916
" it was an ambiguous question "...... YES or NO ... IN or OUT. !!!

It was only an ' ambiguous question ' to the whingeing Remoaners :lol: :lol:

To everybody else it was straightfoward. :D
By Mr Jones
Jimbo1916 wrote:
Sun May 13, 2018 2:09 pm
" it was an ambiguous question "...... YES or NO ... IN or OUT. !!!

It was only an ' ambiguous question ' to the whingeing Remoaners :lol: :lol:

To everybody else it was straightfoward. :D

What evidence do you have Jimbo that proves your stupid theory. Do you know what ambiguous means?

ambiguous

adjective
open to more than one interpretation; not having one obvious meaning.

Waiter to customer, Do you want a cup of tea?

Customer, yes please

Waiter, Here’s your tea, it’s luke warm and I put 5 sugars in it for you, enjoy your tea( Brexit )

Kinchy, we will have to wait and see if your idea of Brexit comes to pass
By Kinchy
Oh my goodness I await the date we rid ourselves of these federalist goons. There may be some hard times ahead, but my God even my grandsons (24 and 20) want the nation of their birth returned to be controlled by the elected members of OUR Parliament, not some dump somewhere "over there" - their words!
Look at the main players on the EU side. Juncker the drunker, former PM of a country no bigger than an average English shire. Michael Caine thought that Luxembourg was a radio station :lol: :lol: :lol:
Guy "bad haircut and worse teeth" Verhofwhatsit. Former PM of a nation that has two distinct groupings that HATE each other, two languages, no national TV channel, and a nation that was saved twice by the spilling of British American and Irish blood.
Barnier, a former apparatchik in the EUrinal, from a nation that even today cannot accept that it is NOT numero uno in the western world, and think that the world MUST speak French.
Donald the Duck Tusk - a man hated in Poland b y his own people, who is quite happy to say he is responsible for the new motorways built in his homeland, BUT funded to a great degree with my and other UK taxpayers damned money!
By Mr Jones
You want to break away from europe, our lords and MPs do a great job trying to make the best of the Tory bungle and yet in the past you call them traitors. What version of a sovereign parliament do you want ?

As for hard times ahead, not for you, the brexiteers have once again sold the young ones down the river, it’s a shame that the people who will suffer under Brexit won’t get a say in their future.
By Kinchy
Mr Evans let me explain to you in the simplest possible terms in order that you might grasp the situation.
My grandsons voted leave, and they would not be too welcoming towards your very patronising comments. I had no influence over their decision because they are both very well educated and very astute as to how they wish their future to be,

b]You want to break away from europe, our lords and MPs do a great job trying to make the best of the Tory bungle and yet in the past you call them traitors. What version of a sovereign parliament do you want ?

As for hard times ahead, not for you, the brexiteers have once again sold the young ones down the river, it’s a shame that the people who will suffer under Brexit won’t get a say in their future.[/b]

First of all please highlight where I have called anyone a traitor.

I have not said I want to break away from Europe, so that is all pure conjecture on your part. I want the UK to break away from the shackles of the Federalist EU, and if you have not noticed, there is a rather distinct difference :oops:
So we have sold the young ones down the river, YET AGAIN? When was the previous instance of this? - well please elaborate how that has been done. It is easy to come up with sound bites and meaningless platitudes ,so I ask again,please elaborate in detail how they have been "sold down the river yet again"

Who will suffer and how will they suffer? - simple questions that you should be able to answer.
Speaking to many young supporters of both remain and leave, the remain were influenced greatly by the possible loss of their jobs and an emergency budget enabling an immediate increase in Income Tax of 2%, and yet the remainers call the Brexit campaign full of lies :shock: :shock:

Oh and my version of a Sovereign Parliament is just that - a Parliament able to make laws governing the whole of the UK without the interference from a politburo in a foreign land with unknown and unwanted Federalist neo Communist ego tripping fools dictating YES dictating how we should live our lives, how we should kneel to the failed Euro, how we should have a Europe wide finance minister, told we should accept unknown hordes from the Eastern states with more planned to follow from ,initially Macedonia and Albania ( two of the poorest in "Europe") and then four more shortly afterwards
By Jimbo1916
Why is there a noticable absence of reasons from the Remoaners on here as to why the UK should remain in the EU, but plenty of pops at Brexiteers. :D

Question for Jonesy Is that your mate Kev in the[…]

Jonesy won't like this

With no disrespect to anyone who is Welsh , (excep[…]

Leslie Grantham Dies

Leslie Michael Grantham (30 April 1947 – 15[…]

Red Dragon

Not getting anywhere much with the GI. I don't su[…]

Chas - I don't suppose that you still have the Hum[…]

Property Rental Licence

My friend (in the UK) email: Thanks Bill, There s[…]

Having just completed a 3,200 km car trip tour aro[…]

sunset beach