Torrevieja Forum

Here you can discuss anything that you wish.
( Within Reason !!!! )

Moderator: Moderator

By Ketron
You obviously didn't listen to David Cameron's pre Referendum speech.
He couldn't have been clearer on the matter.
He said .. It's the People's choice , and out will be out ( of everything ).
Why not look at it on U Tube again ???
By Kinchy
Let us look at some facts re the numbers of people. Over 3 million EU citizens in the UK, namely ONE country. !.3 million UK citizens in 27 EU states (300k in Spain alone) so that equates to 38461 in each of the other EU states.
So who holds most of the cards? The EU? I do not think so. If the Brussels clowns want to play hard ball re citizens rights, then I think the UK has the best hand.

Access to all the Euro clubs :lol: :lol: :lol: They have been paid for over and over again, so now the EUrinal are saying that we cannot take part in the Galileo satellite security system because we may be a"security risk" but have paid £9 billion into it - pathetic bravado nothing else. Maybe we should tell them to take their very important installations on the Falklands to remove them to somewhere else in that case :shock:
You mention the Northern Ireland issue. Would that be the insistence of a hard border between the RoI and NI by the Brussels Clown Club? If you agree with that, you would also have to agree that mainland UK has to have a hard border with the RoI as well. This would mean that all transit shipments via the UK would be subject to customs in and out of the UK, and tariffs and tolls would be charged to cover those costs and the use of UK infrastructure. Also imports from RoI and export to RoI would be subject to external tariffs, both EU and UK. What's good for the goose etc.

So much has changed since we joined ...........ABSOBLINKINGLUTELY!!!!
We the UK did not join a federalist and one size fits all supranational behemoth, we joined a Common Market, based purely upon trade between the original nations who signed up to the Treaty of Rome for trade, not the imposition of countless thousands of petty diktats handed down from faceless bureaucrats sitting comfortably in their shiny glass buildings in Brussels or Strasbourg.
Allow me to quote verbatim from Jean Monnet – one of the founding fathers of the Common Market

"Europe’s nations should be guided towards the superstate without their people understanding what is happening. This can be accomplished by successive steps, each disguised as having an economic purpose, but which will eventually and irreversibly lead to federation.”
Nuff said eh?
The comment about people liking freedom caused me a slight laugh - freedom ? what is freedom when as a nation we have to abide by what is agreed by 27 nations that have nothing in common with our heritage culture and history - utter tosh!
By Jimbo1916
" it was an ambiguous question "...... YES or NO ... IN or OUT. !!!

It was only an ' ambiguous question ' to the whingeing Remoaners :lol: :lol:

To everybody else it was straightfoward. :D
By Mr Jones
Jimbo1916 wrote:
Sun May 13, 2018 2:09 pm
" it was an ambiguous question "...... YES or NO ... IN or OUT. !!!

It was only an ' ambiguous question ' to the whingeing Remoaners :lol: :lol:

To everybody else it was straightfoward. :D

What evidence do you have Jimbo that proves your stupid theory. Do you know what ambiguous means?

ambiguous

adjective
open to more than one interpretation; not having one obvious meaning.

Waiter to customer, Do you want a cup of tea?

Customer, yes please

Waiter, Here’s your tea, it’s luke warm and I put 5 sugars in it for you, enjoy your tea( Brexit )

Kinchy, we will have to wait and see if your idea of Brexit comes to pass
By Kinchy
Oh my goodness I await the date we rid ourselves of these federalist goons. There may be some hard times ahead, but my God even my grandsons (24 and 20) want the nation of their birth returned to be controlled by the elected members of OUR Parliament, not some dump somewhere "over there" - their words!
Look at the main players on the EU side. Juncker the drunker, former PM of a country no bigger than an average English shire. Michael Caine thought that Luxembourg was a radio station :lol: :lol: :lol:
Guy "bad haircut and worse teeth" Verhofwhatsit. Former PM of a nation that has two distinct groupings that HATE each other, two languages, no national TV channel, and a nation that was saved twice by the spilling of British American and Irish blood.
Barnier, a former apparatchik in the EUrinal, from a nation that even today cannot accept that it is NOT numero uno in the western world, and think that the world MUST speak French.
Donald the Duck Tusk - a man hated in Poland b y his own people, who is quite happy to say he is responsible for the new motorways built in his homeland, BUT funded to a great degree with my and other UK taxpayers damned money!
By Mr Jones
You want to break away from europe, our lords and MPs do a great job trying to make the best of the Tory bungle and yet in the past you call them traitors. What version of a sovereign parliament do you want ?

As for hard times ahead, not for you, the brexiteers have once again sold the young ones down the river, it’s a shame that the people who will suffer under Brexit won’t get a say in their future.
By Kinchy
Mr Evans let me explain to you in the simplest possible terms in order that you might grasp the situation.
My grandsons voted leave, and they would not be too welcoming towards your very patronising comments. I had no influence over their decision because they are both very well educated and very astute as to how they wish their future to be,

b]You want to break away from europe, our lords and MPs do a great job trying to make the best of the Tory bungle and yet in the past you call them traitors. What version of a sovereign parliament do you want ?

As for hard times ahead, not for you, the brexiteers have once again sold the young ones down the river, it’s a shame that the people who will suffer under Brexit won’t get a say in their future.[/b]

First of all please highlight where I have called anyone a traitor.

I have not said I want to break away from Europe, so that is all pure conjecture on your part. I want the UK to break away from the shackles of the Federalist EU, and if you have not noticed, there is a rather distinct difference :oops:
So we have sold the young ones down the river, YET AGAIN? When was the previous instance of this? - well please elaborate how that has been done. It is easy to come up with sound bites and meaningless platitudes ,so I ask again,please elaborate in detail how they have been "sold down the river yet again"

Who will suffer and how will they suffer? - simple questions that you should be able to answer.
Speaking to many young supporters of both remain and leave, the remain were influenced greatly by the possible loss of their jobs and an emergency budget enabling an immediate increase in Income Tax of 2%, and yet the remainers call the Brexit campaign full of lies :shock: :shock:

Oh and my version of a Sovereign Parliament is just that - a Parliament able to make laws governing the whole of the UK without the interference from a politburo in a foreign land with unknown and unwanted Federalist neo Communist ego tripping fools dictating YES dictating how we should live our lives, how we should kneel to the failed Euro, how we should have a Europe wide finance minister, told we should accept unknown hordes from the Eastern states with more planned to follow from ,initially Macedonia and Albania ( two of the poorest in "Europe") and then four more shortly afterwards
By Jimbo1916
Why is there a noticable absence of reasons from the Remoaners on here as to why the UK should remain in the EU, but plenty of pops at Brexiteers. :D
By Kinchy
Ah now we come to the real nub of the situation!
Your bank account and the less euros you get for your pound. That is the governing and overriding criteria for you is it not?
So, you might have to have one less MDD every fortnight or buy a cheaper wine or buy less from Iceland and see what alternatives might be available at Mercadona?
Selfish reasons that have no bearing on the force of UK exports across the world as sterling settles, only your selfish me me me "Oh how I am suffering since this Brexit thing happened"
My grandsons have read your comments and patronising was one of their words - the others are not printable :oops:
By Kinchy
Please explain in greater detail how I am confusing comments.
I am not personally insulting you , because as you say quite rightly I am British.
BUT I am British through and through.I am proud of my heritage, I am not nor never will be an apologist for how my great nation built its wealth and influence in the world, I will stand by any of the flags of this great United Kingdom and respect the differences between those four parts of our great nation - its peoples, its cultures, its heritage, its disagreements, its thoughts and ambitions for the future as well as respecting the achievements and failures of the past.
We are a nation so different to so many on earth and that is what makes our DNA and that is what drives me forward to bring this great nation back to control so many aspects of the day to day life of this nation.
You may and no doubt will call my posting jingoistic and outdated, well that is your God given right to have an opinion,BUT mine will never change from what I have written above.
By Jimbo1916
pete evans wrote:
Sun May 13, 2018 8:23 pm
Look at my bank account since the decision to leave, what does that say?
It says a lot about you, if that`s you `re only gripe .. which it seems to be.

Like the other Remoaners on here, you haven`t put forward any intelligent , sensible, reasoned arguments as to why the UK should remain in the UK ... Only doom and gloom when it does leave.

Whereas the Brexiteers have given cited plenty.

What kind of a debate is that. :D
By Mr Jones
Kinchy, you should apologise to pete, your tone is nasty, if money is important to him, then that’s his choice, when have you ever voted for a pay drop or a rent increase or to lose a benefit.
Regarding being sold down the river, My old friend used to suggest that retired pensioners on this forum would not be too happy working in the uk under the current climate, the shortage of housing, the crazy prices of rented houses and the unsecurity of tenure, the gig economy,tuition fees, the dependency on 1000% apr loans and the reluctance of banks to lend at a decent rate. I don’t agree with Kev that we inflicted this deliberately on our kids and grandkids, we sleepwalked in to the mess that is now the uk, but you can’t deny that today’s kids won’t have the security and peace of mind we enjoyed when we started our working lives. Brexit will not affect pensioners like us here, we own houses and have money in the bank and will never worry about putting food on the table and having sturdy shoes on our feet, and if the fridge breaks it’s no big deal, I for one won’t need a loan at million percent interest. Brexit will affect our kids and grandkids and to deny them a say on the biggest decision of their lives is shameful in my opinion. I hope Brexit works out well but I have hoped for many things that didn’t turn out as planned. I think that the Brexit team should be factoring in a policy for rejoining europe in 5 to 10 years time if the next generation of voters decides that the decision of a group who could be pushing up daisies by then was wrong. If this option is not available and things go wrong for them,well we did indeed sell them down the river.

MJ
By Mr Jones
pete evans wrote:
Mon May 14, 2018 10:35 am
thank you Mr Jones. As you can probably tell I dont think Brexit will make much change except restriction of movement and money, Not fair really for younger generations, losing the freedom of movement. It is them that might rebel.
People on here should remember everyone has an opinion.
You are welcome pete.
Jimbo1916 wrote:
Mon May 14, 2018 8:13 am
pete evans wrote:
Sun May 13, 2018 8:23 pm
Look at my bank account since the decision to leave, what does that say?
It says a lot about you, if that`s you `re only gripe .. which it seems to be.

Like the other Remoaners on here, you haven`t put forward any intelligent , sensible, reasoned arguments as to why the UK should remain in the UK ... Only doom and gloom when it does leave.

Whereas the Brexiteers have given cited plenty.

What kind of a debate is that. :D
What’s your point, should I ask where is your point? Don’t take the credit for kinchys work, that makes you look dim.

Pot kettle black
Last edited by Mr Jones on Mon May 14, 2018 11:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
By Kinchy
I see no reason to apologise at all, and will not take instructions from you - simples.
So your analogy is that those that voted for Btrexit voted for a decrease in the exchange rate they obtain?
Never had any benefit, but I fail to see exactly what that has to do with the matter in hand? Regarding the sharp practice of 1000% loan companies, yes they should be closed down or forced legally to bring the loan rates to a sensible percentage, but again I fail to see the correlation between loan companies and voting to leave the EUSSR.
I was to understand that your old friend was not going to be brought into discussions - do you not recall his continuous statements that pensioners should hand back their pensions because they paid only 10 bob a week?
The mess that is the UK? Well that is an interesting staement to say the least. If the UK is such a mes then why do over 230,000 EU nationals ANNUALLY want to live there?
Could it be that the housing crisis you so ably atriculate has been brought about by unfettered immigration, and that also applies to schools, GP surgeries and a massive ever growing strain on the finances of the NHS.
How can you be so certain that Brexit will adversely effect our kids and grandkids?
I only know that my daughter, her partner and her two boys all voted to Leave, because they saw the glass as half full and not half empty, and wanted a country that was not run by a Federalist cabal called the EU. They all spoke of the opportunities that the UK could look forward to whilst getting back control of laws,borders and money.
So almost all of those that voted Brtexit will be pushing up daisies? I would have thought it better for you to bring evidence of the demographics and ages of those that voted Leave, to back up your comment.
Factor in another referendum in 5 - 10 years time? Well perhaps that might be a very good idea especially if the UK by that time had become stronger economically and the strains of sending a net contribution of £8 billion a year to Brussels was used in the UK and not to build motorways in Eastern states whilst UK roads are akin to a third world nation.
If things go wrong as you say then of course they may have the right to change things, but what if things go tremendously well?
17.4 million voted Leave, 16 million voted remain, are the ones that could not be arsed to vote now the most vocal against leave, because they perhaps(wrongly) thought that remain would easily win?
By Mr Jones
I see no reason to apologise at all, and will not take instructions from you - simples.
There are none so blind as those who refuse to see.

So your analogy is that those that voted for Btrexit voted for a decrease in the exchange rate they obtain?
Erm no, you said that, it seems that you are an expert at putting words in other people’s mouths to make your point.
How can you be so certain that Brexit will adversely effect our kids and grandkids?
How can you be so certain it won’t ? That’s why they need the option to give Brexit ten years then keep it or bin it or bin it even sooner, like when the final deal is revealed.

If the UK is such a mes then why do over 230,000 EU nationals ANNUALLY want to live there?
Could it be that the housing crisis you so ably atriculate has been brought about by unfettered immigration, and that also applies to schools, GP surgeries and a massive ever growing strain on the finances of the NHS.
Relative to a country that’s experiencing hard times, the uk is paradise.

I agree immigration puts pressure on housing and infrastructure, but so does the decimation of social housing and under investment in the nhs etc, our aging population, our kids won’t look after us, it’s down to them nasty immigrants isn’t it ?
Jeweller

According to the Rotary website there are only 4 o[…]

Auto Body Abrasions

Try Autocolor on 666607075 usually can do it it a[…]

I'm on my second Hyundai i30 So impressed with th[…]

Advice regarding red wine

No special storage needed at my house, it doesn't […]

Wanted intruder alarm

Well the Amazon works fine but instructions poor b[…]

Tapas bars

That's great. Much appreciated. Alf

Golf balls for sale