Torrevieja Forum

Here you can discuss anything that you wish.
( Within Reason !!!! )

Moderator: Moderator

By Burrababa
#1107295
Mrs Nelson wrote:
Fri Apr 20, 2018 6:11 pm
The Good thing about a spider at Christmas, everyone gets a leg.
:lol:
Aren't you supposed to be legless at Christmas?? :wink:

OK Mrs --what next ?? Are you suggesting that you may well start an act ------supported by crickets??

It is a stupid idea--it will never be successful--- :lol: :lol: :lol:
By Burrababa
#1107306
Mrs Nelson wrote:
Fri Apr 20, 2018 6:11 pm

The Good thing about a spider at Christmas, everyone gets a leg.
:lol:
Mrs Nelson--You can indulge in your fantasy :D --you can have all the legs --nobody will deprive you of your obvious delight :mrgreen:
diane abbott spider.jpg
diane abbott spider.jpg (22.17 KiB) Viewed 548 times
By Burrababa
#1107339
[quote="Mrs Nelson"
Burabba can we have a few topics on here that exclude politics please :roll:
[/quote]

Mrs Nelson-------This was not a political post per se-- there is a story of Diane and bugs a tenuous link but nevertheless :D

You see poor Diane Abbott --she appeared beside JC in the House of Commons but then disappeared 2 hours before the house voted on Article 50--she later said that she was suddenly taken unwell .

Cynics and friends alike believed she ran off to avoid having to vote for or against Article 50

One of her colleagues joked to the press that she had caught the "Brexit Bug" from something she ate.

Apparently a symptom of the illness is that you lose your political appetite---you have been warned :lol: :lol: :lol:
By soapydave
#1107344
Mrs Nelson wrote:
Sun Apr 22, 2018 6:30 pm
Maybe not free samples no, but when you see how life mimics art you might not have a choice of what you eat when demand for normal food outstrips supply.
Demand will never out strip supply,
G.M,d food is already in the food chain and available on the supermarket shelves, to satisfy the consumer for cheap priced foods,
people have been eating bugs since time began its nothing new in the world ,just probably new to todays civilised cultures ,
yes there are countries were food is in short supply and people starving, but it is usually down to corrupt goverments not distributing the food aid sent bye prospering nations,again its down to greed bye the people in authority,
By Kinchy
#1107391
If you are going to post a reply, please go back to school and learn how to spell the words correctly.
Oh sorry, I forgot because Mrs T Stole your milk it is the excuse for your terrible spelling.
By jimny1
#1107405
Kinchy
I dont normally comment on personal issues and try not to get involved in the bitching on here, but i think to chastise someone because they cant spell properly is a bit below the belt
They could be dyslexic or very poor in this area and i would expect a remark like that to come from someone of a younger age, say still at school themselves
To me its like insulting someone because of their weight or height etc
By jimny1
#1107407
Hi Kevin
It was drout which is drought, which if it was spelt as it was said would have been correct
I see variations of spelling sometimes and its because of the american versions of our words , eg tyre and tire , you get this on neflix for example with the subtitles , so teaching our kids the wrong spellings by watching it
Im glad you are not dyslexic, its a tough thing to go through life with
By Mr Jones
#1107416
Kinchy wrote:
Tue Apr 24, 2018 1:28 am
If you are going to post a reply, please go back to school and learn how to spell the words correctly.
Oh sorry, I forgot because Mrs T Stole your milk it is the excuse for your terrible spelling.
I bet I’m not alone in wondering what happened in your life that you became such a sad excuse for a man ? We can all study and improve ourselves but unfortunately I feel there is no night school course that will help with your problem.
By soapydave
#1107417
Mrs Nelson wrote:
Mon Apr 23, 2018 7:44 pm
I disagree

What about drout and deforestation the bee problem plague flood etc?

Where was the supply of food when the irish were starving
Are we not discussing todays food problems,no shortages ,GM food paves the way for hungry nations,
Us lucky people have a choice to buy GM food or not,
Deforestation problem is being addressed,fast growing hybrid trees are being planted at the rate of 5 to 1 being cut down in the commercial forest industry, the use of paper products has fallen ,
the bee problem farmers are being paid/subsidised to leave wider margins round ploughed fields to encourage wild flowers to grow ,pesticides are being developed that don't harm bees etc,some farmers even plant fields of wild flowers to encourage bees to pollinate there crops,
as for drought ,there need be non desalination plants supply much of the water in sub -saharren countries and hot middle eastern countries,
I could go on but you cant educate someone who,s heads full of non sensicle music! :D :D or music ringing 24/7 in there ears :D

Question for Jonesy Is that your mate Kev in the[…]

Jonesy won't like this

With no disrespect to anyone who is Welsh , (excep[…]

Leslie Grantham Dies

Leslie Michael Grantham (30 April 1947 – 15[…]

Red Dragon

Not getting anywhere much with the GI. I don't su[…]

Chas - I don't suppose that you still have the Hum[…]

Property Rental Licence

My friend (in the UK) email: Thanks Bill, There s[…]

Having just completed a 3,200 km car trip tour aro[…]

sunset beach

One of our favourites but only go on special occas[…]

New Advertising Slots and Possibilities