Torrevieja Forum

Here you can discuss anything that you wish.
( Within Reason !!!! )

Moderator: Moderator

By Kinchy
The PM has apologised for the massive deplorable actions against the descendants of those that arrived in the UK at the request of the then government to supplement the workforce following the losses of WW2.
This scandalous treatment of those people who are British to the core is a national disgrace and a mere apology is simply not good enough!
Now maybe she should consider resignation (she instigated the actions as Home Sec in 2012) as well as the dismissal of the Home Secretary Amber Rudd.
The treatment of those descendants of the Caribbean arrivals has been incredibly disgusting and shameful to say the very least.
The whole debacle is a stain on the conscience of Britain, and apologies are nowhere near enough to placate the anger I, and possibly many others, feel on this matter.
By old boy
The Home Office is still not fit for purpose, and hasn't been for as long as I can remember. Even the then Home Secretary, John Reid, said so not long after Blair sent him in there to try to sort it out, but he failed like most Secretaries before and since.

However, this current problem has it's roots back in the 1971 Immigration Act, a long time ago. That Act meant that all those who had come to the UK from the Commonwealth and had been granted permanent residency and the right of abode in the UK, plus unfettered travel within the Commonwealth, needed to apply for British passports.

Most did, and they, and their children, grandchildren, etc., have no problems. It is those that, for whatever reason, chose to or ignored this requirement that are now considered to be "undocumented".

It is the way that the chaotic shower of civil servants (not so civil in many cases) have dealt with those trying to establish their rights to live in the UK that has caused the problem. There is no joined up thinking in the department, and they don't use the initiative, possibly because they don't have one between the lot of them, to use the other government departments' records to assist the claimants.

It is far from being just the Home Secretary's fault.
By Kinchy
I agree ob, but isn't there the old saying, for example on the desk of a CEO
The buck stops here.
By soapydave
come over on the banana boat,thats were the expression came from,
Really should these people not have kept there documents in order and up to date
since there arrival, or did they choose to ignore the talk in there own community's in course of there lifetime in the motherland,
I know my grandfather n father had to and they were invited to work in the UK by her majesty's government, just like the windrushes.............. all should have had Naturalisation papers,issued before you can apply for a passport,although some said they had passports,but no right to stay.impossible!
By Mr Jones
They probably thought that since they had been paying tax and living in the uk and working there for decades that somone else would be keeping a record of them, are you blaming these inviduals for their own plight ?
By old boy
I re-iterate that this says more about the lack of ability within the civil service than anything else. And so far, I have not heard anyone suggesting the simplest solution to this.

When you retire, the department that is responsible for calculating a retirees State Pension entitlement has a complete record of all your years' NI contributions.

Why doesn't one of the incompetents at the Home Office just contact HMRC and/or DWP to get a copy of the relevant records?
By Burrababa
Labour supporters baying for blood --------and this happens !!! LOL

The decision to destroy the landing cards for Windrush migrants was taken under Labour, former home secretary Alan Johnson has said.
By Kinchy
Labour supporters baying for blood, yes indeed.
Perhaps, just perhaps, the Labour fervour over this is somewhat disingenuous, bearing in mind the whirlwind of fury surrounding Corbynsky's lack of action to remove the cancerous, evil anti semitic elements within whatever passes nowadays as The Labour/ Marxist Party
This Windrush incompetent fiasco needs the resignations of very senior members of the government and civil servants, but Labour are maybe using the situation to deflect the spotlight away from their own evil?
By soapydave
I would say, the worst leaders of the uk was Churchill,followed by Wilson,Heath,and bye far the worst and most self righteous Blair,evil man, in my opinion
By Jimbo1916
You`re not allowed to name Labour leaders..

Didn`t you know that the sun shines out of their arses.

They can`t do anything wrong.
By Kinchy
The only person who should resign is mrs May,

How she got to lead the country and keep her job after her current and previous performances is incredible. With relation to her position on the country’s worst leader, leader board, would you put her below thatcher at number 2 or below Cameron at number 3?

If you read my post you would see that I thought she should resign along with Rudd.
As far as the worst leaders of the UK well, lets look at these.
Callaghan ( Winter of discontent and begging the IMF for a bail out loan)
17% inflation and 1.5 million out of work

Wilson ( it will not effect the pound in your pocket)
83% income tax for top earners and 33% for all the rest of we plebs.

Gordon Broon ( sold off gold reserves at way below market price and left the nation with the greatest deficit in modern times. Remember the Treasury note
"Good luck old chap, ther's no money left"

Blair (Hussein has WMD able to reach our bases in Cyprus in 45 minutes)
A war criminal no less.

You cannot move away from your vitriol against anything Tory can you?
Same old same old blah blah blah. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Never mind you will be delighted if the UK has a Marxist Government and then starts to hit everyone of any family you may have in the UK with taxes so punitive that they will squeeze until the pips squeak ( another Callaghan saying)
Last edited by Kinchy on Sat Apr 21, 2018 11:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Jimbo1916
Well said Sir. There's nowt like a few facts to set the record straight. :D

I very much doubt if we'll hear anything to the contrary in a similar vein. :wink:
By Kinchy
Wow my world is coming to an end now! :roll:

Whats wrong Mrs N - lost your ability to debate, or is it that you really don't have anything to sensibly put forward to back up your postings?
Methinks both.
By jimny1
Do you know something , most politicians are rotten to the core and useless , and that applies to all parties, they are there to line their own pockets, by preferably to try to remain in europe, and if we are lucky they might feed a few scraps to the people

For this reason i don't know why there are arguments on here over who is responsible for what over the last century and who is the worst, its like football teams , i support this one and they are the best etc etc ,or when people revere and worship the royal family , put in their position through historical rape and pillage and now on a pedestal for people to bow to
I look at what is going on in the world and i truly despair, with whats happening .
Syria for example, and the threat of nuclear action between russia and the usa if things escalate, other nutters on sidelines , kim yong un and his allies , terrorism, mass killings , etc etc , it just goes on
And whats it all about , financial gain be it oil or other commodities
The whole world wants a revamp before something irreversible happens and people need to pull together
Rant over

HI all, Does anyone know of a reliable, free, foot[…]

Tablet to Tv

Have a great Christmas. Mick Cheers Mick - sam[…]

I phone 6

you could go in to settings and roaming then mobil[…]

Spain increase minimum wage

Spain's minimum wage will jump by 22% in 2019 - th[…]

Is Brexit a done deal?

The Brexit deal negotiated by Theresa May may be '[…]

Visiting the housebound

http://helpathomecb.com/ Perhaps these could he[…]