Torrevieja Forum

Here you can discuss anything that you wish.
( Within Reason !!!! )

Moderator: Moderator

By Burrababa
#1105756
Now that Brexit is starting to kick in --it looks like the UK is reaping the benefits

If people are being generous --then they must have the means---in site of Mrs Nelson complaining about wages in the UK--if he wants to tak about poor and wages --just look at the people trying to earn a crust in Spain :wink:

Men said to be posing as homeless beggars are earning £26,000 a year on one UK street.

Police are warning members of the public not to hand over cash to at least three males they believe are duping passers-by.

At least one of the "street beggars" earns more than £100 a day - which works out at around £26,000 a year, the Hull Daily Mail reported.

Shopkeepers on Holderness Road in Hull say the beggars are "taking advantage" of people's good nature, with many of those donating being elderly.


Pensioners are always forgiving and generous :wink:
By Burrababa
#1105760
freddo wrote:
Tue Mar 06, 2018 7:49 pm
The Hull Daily Mail needs to employ a mathematician I think :) :)
An opening for Diane Abbott --methinks ---or Mrs Nelson if she ever wants a change of scenery !!! :D

Hey--very possibly the guy earns such a lot--there is no need for him to tire himself out working everyday !!!! :lol:
By TVTechnology
#1105782
Spain must be coming out of europe too, the busy season in the bars started in March and ended in mid November, and this is the busiest winter I have had in a long time playing in busy bars, houses going up everywhere estate agents in shiny new Mercs and Beamers clogging up the roads, all thanks to brexit ?
Of course, those that still have money in the UK are bailing to Spain! Can't say I blame them, only downside is, of course, more estate agents :wink: Temporarily :lol:
By Burrababa
#1105783
I trust the experts much more than some dozy forum member who has been on the sauce !! :D

Sometimes you have to spell it out for these people--

OK--let's start with Alphabet Soup :)

Listen to what this group of experts have to say Feb 2018

The National Institute of Economic and Social Research (NIESR), Britain's oldest independent economic research institute, has revised its growth forecast upwards for the UK economy and is now predicting GDP growth of 1.9 percent in both 2018 and 2019.
By Ianhaig25
#1105788
Burrababa wrote:I trust the experts much more than some dozy forum member who has been on the sauce

No you don't.

It's only the ones who you can find that agree with your view.
The IMF, the OECD are gloomy about UK growth.
In fact Google it. Its not good.


And the UK still went from top to bottom in the year since the referendum.

That's fact.


But you are being very dishonest with your quote from NIESR.

You missed off a crucial part of what leads to that forecasts.

UK economy will expand by 1.9% in 2018 and 2019 if soft Brexit is secured, according to latest Niesr forecast

And


The think tank said the relatively benign projections were based on the assumption that the UK retains 'full access' to the EU market in 2019



Well at least you now know that what you quoted is not based on what you want from brexit but all those telling you you are wrong.

Pissed on your own predictions there :lol:
By Burrababa
#1105790
Ianhaig25 wrote:
Wed Mar 07, 2018 7:48 pm

The think tank said the relatively benign projections were based on the assumption that the UK retains 'full access' to the EU market in 2019
Are you saying that the UK will not have full access to the EU market post Brexit??

No need to be part of single market or customs union for that so why do you think that ?
By old boy
#1105792
Burrababa wrote:
Wed Mar 07, 2018 11:11 pm
Ianhaig25 wrote:
Wed Mar 07, 2018 7:48 pm

The think tank said the relatively benign projections were based on the assumption that the UK retains 'full access' to the EU market in 2019
Are you saying that the UK will not have full access to the EU market post Brexit??

No need to be part of single market or customs union for that so why do you think that ?



You are doing exactly what you have accused the Remainers of doing in the past; that is making assumptions based on facts that are not yet established.

Although it is likely that the UK and the EU will in the future have access to each other's markets, it is yet to be established on what terms that trade will be. Of course it is hoped that it will be free access for both sides, but until the discussions are concluded and the ink from the signatures on the paperwork is dry, then it is impossible to say with any assurance that trade will continue totally unfettered.
By Burrababa
#1105793
old boy wrote:
Thu Mar 08, 2018 12:17 am
You are doing exactly what you have accused the Remainers of doing in the past; that is making assumptions based on facts that are not yet established.

Although it is likely that the UK and the EU will in the future have access to each other's markets, it is yet to be established on what terms that trade will be. Of course it is hoped that it will be free access for both sides, but until the discussions are concluded and the ink from the signatures on the paperwork is dry, then it is impossible to say with any assurance that trade will continue totally unfettered.
I have not assumed anything--I just quoted some forecasts from a respected agency --it is up to them to make forecasts based on realistic data --as does the IMF etc--but these people are independent and have a proven track record as opposed to the IMF who have never been correct --always on the negative aspect so they need to revise their model for the UK economy :wink:

I just asked Ian why he made the assumption that the UK would not have full access to the EU market without being a member of the single market or customs union?

Awaiting his answer ?? :wink: :wink:
By soapydave
#1105799
you say Britians booming,i beg to differ in your ordinary market towns and cities just look round,
theres a lot of young families over stretched and struggling,
but a lot of pensioners with lots of disposable income ,queing up in M&S,eating in the café which aint cheap,most have newish cars,living in big detached houses ,or retirement housing which aint cheap accomadation ,yes the old age ecomony is booming in retirement areas,
Don't see many in the pound shops,iceland ,B&ms etc,well not when I go in them,
By old boy
#1105800
Burrababa wrote:
Thu Mar 08, 2018 12:33 am
old boy wrote:
Thu Mar 08, 2018 12:17 am
You are doing exactly what you have accused the Remainers of doing in the past; that is making assumptions based on facts that are not yet established.

Although it is likely that the UK and the EU will in the future have access to each other's markets, it is yet to be established on what terms that trade will be. Of course it is hoped that it will be free access for both sides, but until the discussions are concluded and the ink from the signatures on the paperwork is dry, then it is impossible to say with any assurance that trade will continue totally unfettered.
I have not assumed anything--I just quoted some forecasts from a respected agency --it is up to them to make forecasts based on realistic data --as does the IMF etc--but these people are independent and have a proven track record as opposed to the IMF who have never been correct --always on the negative aspect so they need to revise their model for the UK economy :wink:

I just asked Ian why he made the assumption that the UK would not have full access to the EU market without being a member of the single market or customs union?

Awaiting his answer ?? :wink: :wink:


But you are trying to promote your theory by linking to a report, but you choose to ignore the proviso in that report that says 'if'. That 'if' is not settled yet, and I guarantee that your crystal ball is no better or clearer than anyone else's. Nothing has been decided yet.
By Ianhaig25
#1105802
Burrababa wrote:Are you saying that the UK will not have full access to the EU market post Brexit??

No need to be part of single market or customs union for that so why do you think that ?
No and never had.

I told you that the UK had gone from top to bottom of the G7 in the year following the brexit vote.

I then added that your future quote disingenuous as it was missing some crucial comments from your quote that you chose to ignore.
They said only if a "soft brexit", something you have been opposed to. You want out of everything EU and have said so on many occasions.

And although they say 1.9 with a soft brexit, that figure is a forecast no different to all the others that say growth would be higher if we stay in EU, do the UK will still be worse off.

The other bit you missed which is something you are against was;

The think tank said that the relatively benign projections were based on the assumption that the UK retains “full access” to the EU market in 2019 in return for continued payments into the EU budget and unchanged levels of net migration from the Continent.

So net migration has to stay the same also, now how you gonna get out of that one.

There forecast based on full access and no change in migration. Your own quote (well the bits you deliberately missed) go completely against what you want.

You have my reply. Your turn still, why since the vote has UK gone from top to bottom if brexit is so good.
By Ianhaig25
#1105803
Here is a bit more of their report you missed:

Niesr also outlined modelling projections showing how if the UK crashed out of the EU into basic World Trade Organisation rules – something certain prominent Brexiteers advocate – the UK would likely slump into recession and the level of GDP would be around 6 per cent lower by 2030 due to weaker exports and worse productivity growth.




So your quoted report says it would be a disaster to go to WTO rules, something also advocated by brexiteers.
Missed call

I have a missed call beginning with 61, thirtee[…]

Salsa Dancing

There is a dance school near the Mercadonna on the[…]

What has the EU ever done for us? The real irony […]

Spain increase minimum wage

It all goes to show what a waste of time any form […]

Energy Cert for €120

This link might be useful for anyone needing an en[…]

outlook email problem

I've always had them at the side of the page. espe[…]

Samsung 32 inch tv 99 euros

Sorry my mistake Thanks for info

Hi again, watched Livi and Hearts game on livenet […]

New Advertising Slots and Possibilities