Torrevieja Forum

Here you can discuss anything that you wish.
( Within Reason !!!! )

Moderator: Moderator

By cameron
Why is it that the Spanish Language section and anything to do with Spanish Politics in the political section are rarely used? I assume most members either live in Spain or own a property here but have very little interest in anything Spanish.
By Jimbo1916
Good point but I think it`s a combination of a lot of expats still think that the UK is still their home and talk of it as such ... We, our and us for example ( which is evident on here ) and the lack of any working knowledge of the Spanish political system. ...

There`s other various factors such as not having a good command of the language and only watching English TV.

But yes a valid point.
By orangepicker
On a similar theme only 9 threads were posted in 2017 in the ' Sports ' section that could surely be taken off the site to make room for something else - if needed - ?or help speed up the site, as we have been told there will be a change of server which could slow things down a bit.
By soapydave
GOOD reply,
but in any countries politics, it would be hard for the layman to follow,
as they the politician's of any Country seem to change the laws, policies etc to suit there own individual parties needs and not in the general populace interests,
that is my opinion, :)
By Jimbo1916
orangepicker wrote:
Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:30 am
On a similar theme only 9 threads were posted in 2017 in the ' Sports ' section that could surely be taken off the site to make room for something else - if needed - ?or help speed up the site, as we have been told there will be a change of server which could slow things down a bit.
The server has already been changed and I can`t see any slow downs at the moment. :D

viewtopic.php?f=13&t=131615
By Jimbo1916
johncottes wrote:
Thu Jan 04, 2018 2:12 pm
I only drink Spanish beer, my language knowledge increases daily ( Thank you Simon) AND I play petanca!!
How much more integrated does it get?
Mention UK politics on here and you get jumped on, never mind about the Spanish version. :D
It`s when you live here but think and talk as if you live in the UK ... That`s when you lose all credibility.

Mention UK politics by all means, but don`t couch it in terms of us , we , ours , here etc etc.

If ever I use those terms of reference for where I live, I mean my home....which is Spain .....not the UK.

By the way, I drink Spanish brandy, ( as you know ) speak fluent Spanish, play Spanish guitar ( not very well ) and ALSO play petanca.

But then again I think forums like this are for people who like the sound of their own voice ... Some people.
By Jimbo1916
Mrs Nelson wrote:
Thu Jan 04, 2018 11:19 am
Jimbo1916 wrote:
Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:13 am
Good point but I think it`s a combination of a lot of expats still think that the UK is still their home and talk of it as such ... We, our and us for example ( which is evident on here ) and the lack of any working knowledge of the Spanish political system. ...

There`s other various factors such as not having a good command of the language and only watching English TV.

But yes a valid point.
What will happen if this brexit thing goes tits up, I bet you will look at the uk and the conditions there very differently if living here becomes more difficult., loads of people have different definitions of integration, some people buy cartons of vino tinto from Mercadonna and think they should be the uks cultural attaché to Torrevieja because they can order a couple of coffees in Spanish.

:D
For the umpteenth time...Spain is my home..not the UK.

Brexit means little to me, whatever happens .... In or out...... I really don`t give a t*ss . My life won`t alter that much. Being a greedy pensioner .. I`ve made provisions.

I didn`t vote because I couldn`t .. You didn`t vote although you could have done ... . And there`s the rub.

So all your scaremongering and doom and gloom predictions don`t wash with me and many others, because nothing will change drastically as has been pointed out time and time again.

If you want to lose sleep over it, then it`s your problem, not mine or any of my friends who live here in Spain.
By Eve07
johncottes wrote:
Thu Jan 04, 2018 6:22 pm
politics again in GC......from jimbo now!
thought all that had changed...apparently not...
Who cares anyway (except eve07 and pals)?

King Canute proved the eternal truth!
I have no problem with politics in GC if there isn't a Politics Section.
When all the Political arguing was going which sometimes got very nasty and personal, I have no doubt it put people off posting and slowly killed the forum.

My point has always been, if people want to discuss Politics, do so in the Politics Section just as you would discuss Schools in the Schools section, Charity in the Charity section etc.

The way GC was being run (having Politics discussed there and not in the Politics section) why have any sections at all, just one only, namely General Chat for every topic. Why should Politics be the exception?
car key cutting

Carrefour

Leslie Grantham Dies

So readers, kinchy is suggesting that because the […]

Useless, useless.

Whatever dipstick ... As if I'm bothered. :lo[…]

Sick men of Europe

Did he know that bmw and airbus might pull out of […]

Wanted , fan

If it works it will be fine. 648145065

Leprosy in the EU

The sick man of Europe is the Elephant in the room[…]