Torrevieja Forum

Here you can discuss anything that you wish.
( Within Reason !!!! )

Moderator: Moderator

By reagan
We decided to have the last palm tree removed and our postman said he would do it , well we sat in the sun lounge and watched this man at work ,it was a delight to watch a professional at work ,and then when he was finished another man a friend of his came the next day and removed all the pieces of palm and cleared all the saw dust away clean as a whistle (why do we say that ) ,it was all better to watch than TV and the price was well worth it ,I asked the postman why are you working as a postman ? his reply "I enjoy doing it "
Chas
By jimny1
reagan wrote:
Thu Dec 14, 2017 3:29 pm
We decided to have the last palm tree removed and our postman said he would do it , well we sat in the sun lounge and watched this man at work ,it was a delight to watch a professional at work ,and then when he was finished another man a friend of his came the next day and removed all the pieces of palm and cleared all the saw dust away clean as a whistle (why do we say that ) ,it was all better to watch than TV and the price was well worth it ,I asked the postman why are you working as a postman ? his reply "I enjoy doing it "
Chas
If he had been a gipsy instead of a postman when you were paying him he would have said "cross my palm with silver " :wink:
By Info
Chas I think we are all children at heart and it is exciting to watch a tree coming down. I suppose being a postman guarantees a steady income. Bee
By reagan
A brush and shovel would have been of no use as the garden is covered with chippings ,he had placed sheets all over the garden and just as well as the sawdust was everywhere and he had to come the next morning as it was dark when he left ,oh and I think we all have a wife like that :roll: :lol:
By reagan
As a follow up I needed a plumber to unblock the upstairs toilet and the postman knew one and he came ,called a firm with a pressure hose took the old toilet away and installed a new one and again the plumber was good at his job ,but what it does mean is that our 12 grandchildren and 9 great grandchildren will not be getting presents off us this year as the total for the palm the new toilet and all the work has cost us a total of €950 a months pension :(
Last edited by reagan on Sat Dec 16, 2017 11:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
By reagan
[quote="Mrs Nelson" post_id=1103150 time=1513361189 user_id=115637]
First class service from pat eh mate ?
[/quote]
No Sabino

She went into the Lavvy to count the money raised […]

Jonesy won't like this

With no disrespect to anyone who is Welsh , (excep[…]

Leslie Grantham Dies

Leslie Michael Grantham (30 April 1947 – 15[…]

Red Dragon

Not getting anywhere much with the GI. I don't su[…]