Torrevieja Forum

Here you can discuss anything that you wish.
( Within Reason !!!! )

Moderator: Moderator

"I don`t know what we are going to eat tonight ,the cupboards empty ,oh pass me my fags and a beer out the fridge while I watch my 55 inch TV ,oh! your sister is calling us on Skype tonight so you two kids had better not be playing your games on your computers when she calls ,oh get me another beer ,remind me to go to the food bank in the morning on my way to the social " " Oh shit I think I`m up the duff again ,oh well another £50 a week " :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Mrs Nelson wrote:
Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:35 am

Should the government put a lean on the house of every pensioner in order to pay for all the additional expenses that an ageing population are demanding ?

Kev

You mean something similar that the Labour government under Blair and Brown passed into legislation? Which means that County and Metropolitan Councils can and do place liens on properties belonging to those who require looking after in Care Homes and are unable to pay their contributions to the costs.

This was why Mrs May tried to include a similar proposal in the manifesto for the last election, to harmonise the costs for those requiring care in their own homes to those in residential care.

The sad reality is that more patients with serious dementia are cared for in residential homes than in their own properties. So it was totally wrong for some politicians and the media to attack the proposal and call it a dementia tax.
old boy wrote:
Wed Dec 06, 2017 12:06 pm
Mrs Nelson wrote:
Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:35 am

Should the government put a lean on the house of every pensioner in order to pay for all the additional expenses that an ageing population are demanding ?

Kev

You mean something similar that the Labour government under Blair and Brown passed into legislation? Which means that County and Metropolitan Councils can and do place liens on properties belonging to those who require looking after in Care Homes and are unable to pay their contributions to the costs.

This was why Mrs May tried to include a similar proposal in the manifesto for the last election, to harmonise the costs for those requiring care in their own homes to those in residential care.

The sad reality is that more patients with serious dementia are cared for in residential homes than in their own properties. So it was totally wrong for some politicians and the media to attack the proposal and call it a dementia tax.
Just popped back to see if the site was still here and it is!

And as if I hadn't never been away I find a pronouncement from Old Boy talking as ever as though he knows every thing about everything.

Councils started charging for res care via the chronically sick and disabled act 1971.

Care at home is means tested now but property cannot be included.

The disgusting part of the dementia tax proposal was charging against property from the first social care intervention.

Anyone who knows social care knows that res care admissions are always a late intervention.
The proposal would have charged against property many many years sooner than they can now, thus bringing in many more poorer pensioners (usually right to buy property owners) into being charged for care.

Anyway, as it seems it's due to close this week then it's been good to have known one or two of you and good luck you all.

Adios
Advice regarding red wine

I will have a look in Lidl in that case, thanks.

Another reason for leaving ....

.... and now they want a back-stop for a back-stop[…]

Football tonight

Tuned in to LA1 and that was highlights from the E[…]

Bus pass

If you don't renew, your bus pass expires and yo[…]

Pool Dilemmas

What's 'winter bobbers'?

modelo 210

I still haven't got my receipt/bill in yet - to ge[…]

Sky Q card

presumably if i do eventually change to Sky Q […]