Torrevieja Forum

Here you can discuss anything that you wish.
( Within Reason !!!! )

Moderator: Moderator

By PeteKnight
pete evans wrote:
Sun Dec 03, 2017 5:32 pm
... as long as you can confirm there will be no abuse and real names are not allowed.
Why wouldn’t you want real names to be allowed?

Personally, I think the other Torre forum has the best approach - you pay a nominally annual subscription by PayPal . This ensures that if you want to have multiple personalities then you have to go to the trouble of setting-up multiple PayPal accounts - each of which need to be linked to different credit/debit cards and email addresses.
In other ways the other Torre forum has totally the wrong approach. I recieved scolding emails from the owner for mentioning a Facebook group and for making a public suggestion about how to improve one aspect of the forum (aparently I should have made the suggestion by PM to the owner or mods). Eventually I told them that if they weren’t happy they should terminate my membership, which they did.

I don’t think there’s really a big enough gap in the market to justify setting-up a new forum. With all the Facebook groups and forums like Talk Quesada and the Costa Blanca Forum, plus the other Torre one, I think the market is pretty much saturated.

Pete.
By Jimbo1916
pete evans wrote:
Sun Dec 03, 2017 5:32 pm
I am a very experienced professionally in IT and willing to help as long as you can confirm there will be no abuse and real names are not allowed.
`Email me at forum@gohost4u.com if you`re interested in this and or able to help with running/moderating/financing it.`
By Jimbo1916
pete evans wrote:
Sun Dec 03, 2017 5:59 pm
I mean when members actually know other members and then refer to them by real name thereby confusing other members. Using real names creates a clique, not a good idea. Anyway thats what I will require to volunteer my services.
If certain members have met other members and associate with them outside of the forum, why shouldn`t they use their real names ... They are friends after all .... The majority of times it`s used in conjunction with a personal reply to them.

Anyway, any conditions regarding terms of volunteering should be via private email as requested, not crowing in public.
By TVTechnology
I'm not entirely convinced by the future of forums.

Half of me tempted to have a dabble, but limited time & unlikely to be profitable (or that profitable), for the amount of time invested?

The issue I believe is mainly, facebook groups - for information and separate buy/sell ones. Many have gravitated to these now & not much use for advertisers as they don't have the same type of format as the old forums.

Anglo info - which is one of the biggest in the world, has been through a couple of re-designs in recent years & have struggled - with a decent budget, so that makes me not feel confident.

I would never pay €5 or anything to join a forum, in principle. It is only that other Torrevieja one I have seen a charge, EVER.
By soapydave
its a heating engineer ,you need, although a plumber could possibly do the job , a heating engineer would do it better I suppose and know about the correct angle to set the flue for the gases to escape etc,insulated flue liner needs length of flue to gases above window height etc .
By soapydave
please fit a carbon monoxide detector then ,
to cut a nice neat hole hire a diamond cutter boring tool for the required diameter they just attach to a good drill, and saves a lot of making good afterwards,
good luck,
By soapydave
Yes like your asking, for the Spanish equivalent of a corgi or hetas to sign it off sounds good,don't think an English guy signing it off would serve any purpose unless he got the Spanish equvilent certs etc,my knowledge is mostly about wood burners ,, have fitted a few myself for myself in the uk ,just pulled regs and instructions of the net many years ago,its NOT a trial and error job its got to be safe and perfect from firing it up to avoid fumes,on first fire up you,ll get a few fumes but that's off the external body of the stove/burner just burning the newness off, just room ventilate till it goes,
if you go on machine marts, website theres lots of help via diagrams for wood burners ,but I,ve never checked if they do pellet burners.prehaps there an Spanish site similar.
By soapydave
you should have gone next door to decathalon,and bought some thermal under wear, that's what we did, its a lot cheaper and a lot less hassle, :D :D
By Jimbo1916
GoHost4U wrote:
Sun Dec 03, 2017 2:31 pm
Hi All

On the 8/12/2017 we will be closing this forum down!

I have tried to convince Gary to keep it going even on our cheaper server but I dont think Gary wants the hassle any more and I cannot blame him.

I have made several suggestions and I have several idea but without Gary's consent I cannot use any of the information here. However, if you guys want me to set up an alternative forum where you can start afresh then let me know and I will have a look info it.

Email me at forum@gohost4u.com if youre interested in this and or able to help with running/moderating/financing it.

Thanks for all your support over the years!

Mark
GoHost4U
??????????????????
By GoHost4U
OK so we are now on another server and I have removed some of the rubbish which was slowing the site down.

With Gary's permission I think it would be good to remove old users and maybe look to appointing some help in moderating the posts on here to keep the rubbish out.

I am working full time over here with our customers and the last thing I need is to trawl through childish ping pong!

Thoughts please.
By Eve07
GoHost4U wrote:
Tue Dec 12, 2017 4:42 pm
and maybe look to appointing some help in moderating the posts on here to keep the rubbish out.

Thoughts please.

Good idea. If they were interested, I believe Freddo and Info (Bee) would be good and fair moderators to keep the forum alive.
They would be worth their weight in gold to Gary.
By Jimbo1916
That`s good news Mark. :D

Hopefully the childish ping pong will stop now that the forums been given a second chance.
Last edited by Jimbo1916 on Tue Dec 12, 2017 5:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
No surprises.

Good post T.V. technology. The film "loose c[…]

Torretas

We keep our grid door locked at all times. Our […]

A number of prominent economists, including one la[…]

Ibiza

Ah! Blond moment

Sofas wanted

Hi Anne ,I,ve sent you a pm, thanks

Lloret de Mar

Via Michelin has it at just under €40. I[…]

Can we blame BREXIT