Torrevieja Forum

Here you can discuss anything that you wish.
( Within Reason !!!! )

Moderator: Moderator

By TVTechnology
May I suggest removing the politics section in its entirety, as all is does is lead to arguments.

Also sales section, remove the 100 euro limit as that will bring some traffic back to the website.
By Info
Thanks Mark and Gary for staying with the site. I rarely view the General Chat section and agree with Kev that it's where people generally "disagree" with one another so perhaps it should stay as it is. It is mostly about things British and is one of the reasons I don't participate. I think the General Enquiries is a very helpful section and when someone is looking for help it is good to see some of the posters who haven't participated lately coming back to chip in. But the demise of the search function is regrettable and if it could be restored that would be good. Here's to 2018. Bee
By GoHost4U
Info wrote:
Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:42 am
Thanks Mark and Gary for staying with the site. I rarely view the General Chat section and agree with Kev that it's where people generally "disagree" with one another so perhaps it should stay as it is. It is mostly about things British and is one of the reasons I don't participate. I think the General Enquiries is a very helpful section and when someone is looking for help it is good to see some of the posters who haven't participated lately coming back to chip in. But the demise of the search function is regrettable and if it could be restored that would be good. Here's to 2018. Bee
Search is still there at the top of the page to the right of the logo
By freddo
Mrs Nelson wrote:
Sun Dec 10, 2017 6:16 pm
Thanks mate

I went to Merlin’s today, was shocked at the cost of the flue, all the bits are about another 200 euros,

Might just buy a ski suit.

:)
Kev go where I suggested thats what I did and installed it myself being Spanish the store is a lot cheaper and has all the parts in stock plus will point you to a good fitter if you want
By Info
Maybe its only me but when I search for a topic that I know has been covered before it starts at 2008 and earlier but none of the more recent years. Bee
By Jimbo1916
It isn`t just you Bee.

There is a big gap in Search between 2008 and 2017.... The years in between seem to be missing.
By Mrs Nelson
freddo wrote:
Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:14 pm
Mrs Nelson wrote:
Sun Dec 10, 2017 6:16 pm
Thanks mate

I went to Merlin’s today, was shocked at the cost of the flue, all the bits are about another 200 euros,

Might just buy a ski suit.

:)
Kev go where I suggested thats what I did and installed it myself being Spanish the store is a lot cheaper and has all the parts in stock plus will point you to a good fitter if you want
Thanks freddo

That’s what I intend to do, I was just window shopping.

:D
By Jimbo1916
TVTechnology wrote:
Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:04 am
May I suggest removing the politics section in its entirety, as all is does is lead to arguments.
Good idea .. or if not, stipulate that ALL political posts are to be put in the Politics section and NOT in General Chat. That way any members not interested in politics will not be forced to look at posts with obvious contentious political headings.

And any political posts not in the correct section should be moved or better still, removed, by the new moderator ... as Gary used to do in the good old days. :D

Lets make and keep General Chat a politics free zone.
By Mrs Nelson
The thing is John, nobody is forcing anyone to look at anything.

I hate sport as you know, have no pets, I never go in to sport and tell people that their posts are drivel and they are sheep for following foreign mercenaries, or tell the pet owners that we don’t want to read about parrot flu, or cat herpes.

If you see a post on any forum, and the subject doesn’t interest you, well you skip it, and move on, you get an idea of someone’s posting habits and you know in advance what it’s about, you can add this person to foes and avoid their content.

I think people are making a big deal about general chat killing this forum,

Kev
By Eve07
Mrs Nelson wrote:
Thu Dec 14, 2017 12:54 pm

Kev

So that's what you have been thinking all along Mrs Nelson / Kev

No one has said General Chat is killing the forum, it's the Political trash being posted in General Chat instead of the Politics Section which is killing the forum.

The Politics section is for any thing to do with politics just as the Pets section is for anything to do with pets just as the Charity section is for anything to do with charity etc etc.

The line under the Politics section reads 'This section is for Discussion about Politics only'

Hopefully this clears up your misunderstanding.

Memo to Mark@gohost4you :
Could I suggest you include under the General Chat section:
Here you can discuss anything you wish 'except topics which has it's own section on the Forum'
By Mrs Nelson
You’re another one eve , you come on here and complain and add nothing.

How dare you call people’s posts trash, who the hell are you ??

You can talk about anything you want in general chat. That’s how it’s been for yonks.

So do you want to tie the moderators time up moving posts about.

If I want to know what time carrefour is open because I want to buy some dog food, does this post go in GC GE or pets ?

Grow up for goodness sake. :lol:
By Outsider
I believe Eve is correct, if you have got a political post put it in the Politics Section, what's wrong with some people on this site that argue for the sake of it.
By Jimbo1916
Jimbo1916 wrote:
Thu Dec 14, 2017 7:08 pm
Eve07 wrote:
Thu Dec 14, 2017 2:43 pm
Mrs Nelson wrote:
Thu Dec 14, 2017 12:54 pm

Kev

So that's what you have been thinking all along Mrs Nelson / Kev

No one has said General Chat is killing the forum, it's the Political trash being posted in General Chat instead of the Politics Section which is killing the forum.

The Politics section is for any thing to do with politics just as the Pets section is for anything to do with pets just as the Charity section is for anything to do with charity etc etc.

The line under the Politics section reads 'This section is for Discussion about Politics only'

Hopefully this clears up your misunderstanding.

Memo to Mark@gohost4you :
Could I suggest you include under the General Chat section:
Here you can discuss anything you wish 'except topics which has it's own section on the Forum'

Gary said as much back in 2010...but certain people know that they would be ignored if their posts are put in the correct section.

ABUSIVE & OFF TOPIC REPLIES#582442
By Moderator - 25 Jun 2010, 14:30

Hi
I normally turn a blind eye to a lot of the replies that are posted on this board,
but when the people that pay to advertise on this site, start complaining.
Then its time for me to do something about it.
I have just removed approximately 15 replies to the thread about Playa Nudista.

I dont care how long anybody has been a member for on here.
There will be no warning, they will just be banned.

If anybody wants to leave now, just let me know and I will delete you and your
posts from the messageboard.

I am sure that you all know what I mean.

Regards

Gary

ps....please make sure that your message goes in the correct section.
RUSS ABBOTT

Abbott is a career politician using 'black privile[…]

Windrush

Labour supporters baying for blood, yes indeed. Pe[…]

Bug based snacks in carrefour

The Good thing about a spider at Christmas, ever[…]

Pinocchio's

Hi Does anybody know if Pinocchio's restaurant ha[…]

RIP Dale Winton

Mr jones is maybe talking about this story in the […]

DAEWOO 20” LCD FLATSCREEN TV

Model DSL-20D3 with remote and manuals in Englis[…]