Torrevieja Forum

Here you can discuss anything that you wish.
( Within Reason !!!! )

Moderator: Moderator

By Jimbo1916
Good post..

I`m quite confident that the damage can be reversed, and yes it will take time.

Much better than starting a new forum but end up just getting the same old, same old. :D
By Mrs Nelson
The forum is nice and civilized eve because nobody is posting anything, that was really my point. Ok so as you say the right wing have kept quiet lately as have I, but I think this has achieved very little, people like you like to complain but rarely contribute anything of note, surely it’s time you startle us with a stimulating topic?

As for the moderators job, I'll definitely think about it, While it’s quiet like this it won’t be too much of an onerous job.

I have a few ideas that might keep the trouble makers at bay, naughty corner, fingers on lips, see me ! Etc etc

:D
By Eve07
Mrs Nelson wrote:
Wed Jan 03, 2018 6:38 pm
The forum is nice and civilized eve because nobody is posting anything, that was really my point.

My point was nobody is posting anymore because you drove them away with the political rubbish in the wrong section when there was a section specifically for it. Glad you accept it was not civilised before :D

people like you like to complain but rarely contribute anything of note, surely it’s time you startle us with a stimulating topic?

Neither me or anyone else were complaining, we were merely stating the obvious answer as to why nobody was posting anymore but hopefully if this trend continues we can get back to a 'civilised' forum as you quite rightly call it and members will come back now that we are moving in the right direction

As for the moderators job, I'll definitely think about it, Don't know if that's a good idea !!!! :lol: While it’s quiet like this it won’t be too much of an onerous job.

I have a few ideas that might keep the trouble makers at bay, naughty corner, fingers on lips, see me ! Etc etc

:D
By Mrs Nelson
When gc was at its peak. It was left vs right, ripping the piss out of each other, it was a funny place, if you want nice civilised chat, you go to ge, gc should be what it’s alway been, a place where you can talk about anything within reason.

I can’t imagine how eve and co think topics related to oiling the gate hinges or painting the shed is going to get people flooding back here.

We established a long time ago what chases people off, it’s not the nature of the topics, it’s the nature of the users.
By Burrababa
There is some overlap in the GE--GC and Politics section

Why not merge them ? --Something for everybody in one place.

The Forum should be a place for helpful advice--free information share and healthy debate ( whatever the topic) without abuse or personal attacks. Individual self control will make the moderator's life easier and reduce the need for people to complain or indeed turn away from the forum.

My advice to members is to stop posting complaints and start posting topics that stimulate other members interest enough so that you get a healthy discussion going.

It will be interesting to see if those people who complained about GC being too political actually post anything worthy in its place.

I am not holding my breath !!!
By Mrs Nelson
Ge is a great forum for serious questions.

I don’t think it needs to change.

There is no need for a politics section right now while there are only three of us posting anything.
By Jimbo1916
Burrababa wrote:
Thu Jan 04, 2018 11:31 am
There is some overlap in the GE--GC and Politics section

Why not merge them ? --Something for everybody in one place.

The Forum should be a place for helpful advice--free information share and healthy debate ( whatever the topic) without abuse or personal attacks. Individual self control will make the moderator's life easier and reduce the need for people to complain or indeed turn away from the forum.

My advice to members is to stop posting complaints and start posting topics that stimulate other members interest enough so that you get a healthy discussion going.

It will be interesting to see if those people who complained about GC being too political actually post anything worthy in its place.

I am not holding my breath !!!
Very good post as always Tony, and yes it makes a lot of sense. But unfortunately the situation got to the stage on here where you couldn't discuss politics without it turning nasty and abusive .. And that included personal abuse just because you support a different political party or voted adversely in a referendum.

You know exactly what I mean so there is little point in going into details.

I can well remember when I first met you and you said " It's only a forum " .

Yes that's true my friend, but for some it means much more.
By Mrs Nelson
Where do you get the data from jimbo for all these wild assumptions you make on behalf of this forums users.
By Eve07
Mrs Nelson wrote:
Thu Jan 04, 2018 11:08 am
When gc was at its peak. It was left vs right, ripping the piss out of each other, it was a funny place,
You are a member here longer than most and should know. When GC was at it's peak, there was none of the nastiness and bitterness where Political topics managed to change the direction of GC. There used to be a lot of good banter in GC. Most of those who took part are no longer here. Ok Facebook may have attracted some members but not all.

if you want nice civilised chat, you go to ge, gc should be what it’s alway been, a place where you can talk about anything within reason. Have a look at what GE is for 'Here you can ask questions about anything that relates to Torrevieja'. Have a look at the Politics Section and it states 'This section is for Discussions about Politics only'

I can’t imagine how eve and co think topics related to oiling the gate hinges or painting the shed is going to get people flooding back here. There is another forum which I can't mention here and that is exactly topics they discuss, among some banter, and a lot of former posters are there. If you want to see it PM me and I will give you a link.
By Mrs Nelson
No thanks Eve,

Why would I want to join a forum to discuss paint drying.

All the nastiness, it was just banter, these guys who where having a go at each other where mates, people used to come for a laugh,
By Jimbo1916
Yes it was good natured political banter on here for many years by people who were well informed and who could put there view across, however passionate, without resorting to personal abuse. A classic example of late was Kinchy who is sadly missed by many.

Paulja is another that comes to mind.

But it became nasty and things have been said that can never be unsaid or forgotten, and mates aren't mates any longer.
By freddo
Do you not think this topic has been done to death and it is about time it was put to bed, I certainly do
By Mrs Nelson
I’m going to retract my comments about the forum at its peak, I have gone back to page 1 of GC 2005, we where indeed as eve suggests less political and nasty then.

Unfortunately so many of those posters are no longer with us and have returned to the uk or whatever.

Vince kazzy mrs mac, and many more, it feels just like yesterday
By Eve07
Mrs Nelson wrote:I’m going to retract my comments about the forum at its peak, I have gone back to page 1 of GC 2005, we where indeed as eve suggests less political and nasty then.

Unfortunately so many of those posters are no longer with us and have returned to the uk or whatever.

Vince kazzy mrs mac, and many more, it feels just like yesterday
I thought Vince and Kazzy were back here after a brief stint back in Plymouth??, mrs mac moved back to Ireland.
RUSS ABBOTT

Abbott is a career politician using 'black privile[…]

Windrush

Labour supporters baying for blood, yes indeed. Pe[…]

Bug based snacks in carrefour

The Good thing about a spider at Christmas, ever[…]

Pinocchio's

Hi Does anybody know if Pinocchio's restaurant ha[…]

RIP Dale Winton

Mr jones is maybe talking about this story in the […]

DAEWOO 20” LCD FLATSCREEN TV

Model DSL-20D3 with remote and manuals in Englis[…]