Torrevieja Forum

Here you can discuss anything that you wish.
( Within Reason !!!! )

Moderator: Moderator

By reagan
Conservatives say they will stop the WFA for the richest people in the UK and all the opposition parties go on TV and say the Conservatives are taking the WFA off the poorest in the land ,anybody would be right in thinking that politicians take the British public for idiots :shock:
By Jimbo1916
Stop talking waffle. Well off pensioners don`t need WFA. Much better to go the ones that really need it.

You only think Labour are suggesting etc etc etc.

In other words...you don't know.
By Tazzle
Perhaps kev thinks it's right that the struggling, £22,000 a year nurse, who he cares so much about, should subsidise the heating costs of wealthy pensioners. Personally I do not.

All benefits should be means tested, and if eligible people are too stupid or bone idle to complete a simple form, I say let them freeze! :D
By old boy
Mrs Nelson appears to have misunderstood what Mr Reagan was saying.

It appears that Mr Reagan was saying that the opposition parties are treating the voting public as idiots. The Tory manifesto devotes just one very short paragraph to means testing of the Winter Fuel Payment (it is not an allowance), and the manifesto does not define how that means testing will put into place. But in my opinion, it's a good idea as long as those whose "means" are just their property where they live, are not penalised. I have a feeling that MPs will not allow that to happen.
By old boy
Because as Mrs May made clear, the WFP is one of the range of payments that the devolved Scottish government are responsible. So the decision will be made in Holyrood not Westminster.

And as the manifesto makes clear, the proposal is only to target the wealthiest pensioners. Not what Corbyn is saying, attacking the poorest in society.
By Burrababa
Mrs Nelson is deff not an expert to comment on benefits --his own words :D

Regan specifically mentioned opposition politicians so he was critical of opposition politicians taking the British voting public for numptys --looks like Mrs Nelson also has difficult assimilating information--this would explain why she was unable to get her head around BREXIT and the Referendum issues :roll:

but hang on!!!

maybe I am being a bit too judgemental here:wink:

Let me read Mrs Nelson's comments again --is she really speaking up for pensioners and does she really want all pensioners to get the WFA--and is she happy for Brits to pay more tax to fund this----wow --Mrs Nelson seems to have turned---she appears to be the pensioners pal now :lol: :lol: :lol:

vor sprung de teknik :roll:
By reagan
The payment at the moment is paid to all people (except us in boiling hot Europe )over 63 who are resident in the UK in I believe September regardless of income ,so all millionaires and also the other lot of very rich get it paid into their bank account and I bet the very rich hardly notice it has gone in to their bank it is £100 per person if a couple or £300 if a member of the household is over 80 so if granddad or grandma is living in the house with a family they get it even if the family has a few working people in the family it is something that really needs sorting out
My figures may be out but you get the gist of what I am saying ,ok they stopped ours last year but can honestly say we have managed without it
By Jimbo1916
Burrababa wrote:
Sat May 20, 2017 5:05 pm
Mrs Nelson is deff not an expert to comment on benefits --his own words :D

Regan specifically mentioned opposition politicians so he was critical of opposition politicians taking the British voting public for numptys --looks like Mrs Nelson also has difficult assimilating information--this would explain why she was unable to get her head around BREXIT and the Referendum issues :roll:

but hang on!!!

maybe I am being a bit too judgemental here:wink:

Let me read Mrs Nelson's comments again --is she really speaking up for pensioners and does she really want all pensioners to get the WFA--and is she happy for Brits to pay more tax to fund this----wow --Mrs Nelson seems to have turned---she appears to be the pensioners pal now :lol: :lol: :lol:

vor sprung de teknik :roll:
"Obviously I will change my opinion if clarification calls for it, because I'm reasonable you see."

Utter tripe Tony....and you know it. :lol: :lol:

He doesn`t give a toss about greedy, ungrateful, selfish, ten bob a week, think of number one pensioners, so why pretend to be concerned that some deserving pensioners won`t get WFA because they are not experienced Silver Surfers .

Reminds me of slimy, greasy Tony Bliar. :D

Hypocrite of the rank order.

Cometh the day...8th of June..... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
By old boy
Mrs Nelson, you really do like to push people's buttons, don't you!

I have already written, and I know that you have read, that the proposal in the manifesto was only a very short paragraph, and that it had no details. Those details will emerge in due course providing that the Conservatives win the election, and we won't know that for another 2.5 weeks. And the details will be fleshed out in Parliament, setting out the parameters and how the qualifications are determined.

A likely (and the easiest) route would be based around earnings, and that would only require HMRC to notify the DWP about who should receive the payment and who not to get it.

And again I repeat, Mrs May cannot ordain whether the Scottish government maintains who receives the WFP; that is entirely the responsibility of the parliament in Holyrood. Mrs May cannot tell them how to manage that payment, and that is all she and Ruth Davidson were saying. It's not a huge conspiracy, anymore than the fact that the SNP are going to increase tax for higher rate taxpayers in Scotland. They have those powers now North of the border.

And the proposed change to the way that the costs for care in the home will be levied just brings it into line with the way that costs are already collected for those being cared for in care/nursing homes. It makes sense.

The alternative is that relatives take responsibility for caring for their loved ones, as they do in so many other countries. As it seems that people in the UK are either unable, unwilling or incapable of doing so, it should not really be the responsibility of others to pick up the tab, especially as nobody will vote for a party that tells you that it is going to increase taxation.
By Ketron
I'm curious :? . Did Mrs Nelson ( in her youth ) attend school ... or was she a "professional" truant ? :lol: :lol: :lol:
By reagan
[quote="Mrs Nelson" post_id=1091426 time=1495305928 user_id=115637]
Thanks Chas

So at the moment everyone who qualifies gets it without asking for it yes ?

So under the new system, will the entitlement calculation be made at handout central and then paid automatically or will people need to apply for it? This is a big issue and needs to be clarified.

By the way Chas I know you have the sense to stay out of the political debate in here, but in your opinion, why would the leader of the Scottish tories be so keen to mention this won't apply in Scotland, surely Scottish rich people and English and Welsh etc rich people are the same, they don't need it.

Is this a vote killer, like the dementia tax soon to be known as the house snatch policy ?

What do you think. . .?
[/quote]

All I know is this ,that when it was taken away only I believe 5 MPs signed a "prayer" against it and the rest kept quiet but now it seems it is a good time to bring it up even though what the opposition parties say is wrong and Ian Duncan Smiths thoughts were that
"quote There is a widespread and fallacious view that expat UK citizens are all stinking rich and sitting on yachts in Nice or Cannes drinking gin and tonic. Many are, in fact, living under harsh conditions, cold, unable to return to the UK and on the poverty line. To suggest otherwise and then to use French Caribbean territories to 'massage' the winter temperature figures is, frankly, offensive." unquote
Chas
By Jimbo1916
Chas, Nelly thinks he lives in the UK, so he's referring to UK pensioners. It's common knowledge what he thinks of the sefish, ten bob a week expat pensioners living here in Spain, living on indeserved state handouts and nicking jobs off of the more deserving ' younger type'
By reagan
I think that if Kevin is taken off this forum we will be at a loss as to what we can discuss ,just my opinion of course :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
By reagan
Quiet honestly I could not give a fig who gets in ,because life will not be made better for the voter just for the MP`s voted in :roll:
By Tazzle
It's a growing problem because people are living longer and someone has to pay for their care.

The producers of the film, The Purge: Anarchy had the answer, but I don't think their solution would go down well with many voters! :lol:
Sick men of Europe

thanks. kinchy, intelligent reply lol. So evans[…]

Despicable

Despicable indeed. Just waiting for mrs jone`s […]

Leslie Grantham Dies

I can’t see where I said anyone should die[…]

We have been residents in Torrevieja for more than[…]

KARIM

If that's the same karim I was waiting for don t b[…]

Here, after 6pm we have TWO cars and FOUR […]

Holes in t-shirt !!!

Daft as it sounds this can be caused by kitchen wo[…]