Torrevieja Forum

Here you can discuss anything that you wish.
( Within Reason !!!! )

Moderator: Moderator

By Bill Posters
I am not a pessimist but I think it is dead in the water before it starts. Time and things have changed since it was first mooted; the massive investment in Alicante-Elche, airport, anti-Russian sanctions that make it onerous for high spending Russians to visit and invest, the holiday trade has radically changed and will continue to do so as rival destinations open up. Corvera will be yet another white elephant Spanish airport.
By Jimbo1916
Bill Posters wrote:
Sat Jan 12, 2019 4:45 pm
I am not a pessimist but I think it is dead in the water before it starts. Time and things have changed since it was first mooted; the massive investment in Alicante-Elche, airport, anti-Russian sanctions that make it onerous for high spending Russians to visit and invest, the holiday trade has radically changed and will continue to do so as rival destinations open up. Corvera will be yet another white elephant Spanish airport.
Err .. I don`t think so, nor does anyone else ... What happens when San Javier shuts today.

And it`s Murcia International by the way

https://www.ryanair.com/gb/en/booking/h ... 27/1/0/0/0

https://murciatoday.com/everything-read ... m_navigate
By Bill Posters
Granted an old news story but I doubt the overall picture has changed much; why would it in a climate of change, sanctions since 2014, and increasing austerity?

"Only 11 of Spain's 48 regional airports are profitable and its newest project has yet to see a single passenger through its terminal." The Telegraph.

Good luck with Corvera..... sorry, Murcia airport though. Time will tell.
By TVTechnology
Gave a friend a lift the other day - from Rojales took 52 mins and 81 kms. 4 mins better on the way back. Less time than I thought, at the speed limit, not going quickly.

I just dropped my friend off outside, plenty of space, as was quiet on a Saturday afternoon. He said not many people in the airport, about 100-150 people at the time he reckoned.
By Paulwps
I am only 20 mins from MJH airport, but will now go to Alicante ,
as public transport is easier ,Plus flights and car hire cheaper.
Possible scam!!

They do this a lot in south africa, or so my siste[…]

Morning Brian, Many thanks for the message, I a[…]

Washing machine repair

Dan been out and sorted it many thanks, highly rec[…]

Community AGM

Thanks Bee. I had thought that the Administrator w[…]

Playa flamemcia

Yes Rob, there are lifts.

Of course you are right Freddo. The Open is ofte[…]

Car Sales transfer tax

Thanks I will go tomorrow early