Torrevieja Forum

Here you can discuss anything that you wish.
( Within Reason !!!! )

Moderator: Moderator

User avatar
By Sheff_Blade
#1097413
TVTechnology, mystic meg strikes again! You talk about me and 'facts' as if you live next door to me and know everything about me and my motivation. "I assume this" and "maybe that" ..... I don't see why I should tell you all of my business but your assumptions have been so way off the mark I have no alternative.

I actually own the company and have employees with futures that I am responsible for. We are doing ok because we have products that people want and are competitively priced. We are not magically protected by the EU or Brexit, and this could change 'overnight' so the future is not assured. We are regularly involved in tendering exercises, so our business is not nice and safe. As to the holiday home for planned retirement, you write "sitting safely on that fence" as if it isn't important. Perhaps you have thousands of euros and could afford to effectively lose a property overnight?

You're right about people losing their jobs but stuff happens; it doesn't mean a decision or policy is wrong for the majority in the longer term. You can always finds a group of individuals who have suffered as the result of a policy or decision but it doesn't make that policy or decision the wrong one. As you've owned a company you should know that from time to time you may need to make someone redundant for the sake of the rest of the company. You can go on about 85 people losing their jobs here and 6 people losing their jobs there; there's as much chance of that happening if we stay in the EU when the next Euro crisis happens.

As for your sister, I didn't want to drag her into this, but you have already done that. I'm sure she is very intelligent and good at her job. You imply she's in favour of the UK remaining in the EU and I respect that. At least she's not going round saying old farts like me shouldn't have been allowed to vote! (not on this forum anyway!)

Which brings me back to one of my main reasons for starting on this thread; your reference to Cable's most recent pearls of wisdom. His comments typified many remainers who are so convinced they are right that they assert that people voting for Brexit must be a) just about to die b) so rich they don't care c) unintelligent and d) racist. They cannot compute that someone else might have a different opinion to themselves for very genuine reasons. I simply pointed out that in certain societies the elders are treated as the 'wise ones'; it's ironic that your resulting posts have gone on to prove my point about how some remainers think. You know nothing of why I voted as I did other than the contents of your vivid imagination.
By TVTechnology
#1097422
TVTechnology, mystic meg strikes again
No just some of us have a better understanding of things, than others. Not quite how reporting factual job losses which have been cited by those parties as caused by Brexit is relating to me being mystic meg? But you are in IT, so I understand your brain functionality may be different to most 'normal people' :lol:

I'd also suspect any CEO of a software company, does not need to have a little holiday home in Torre, the cheapest expat resort of them all. Hmm.

I'm sure you'll come back and justify one story after another - so vent, but i'm not coming back to this post, as I simply do not believe you, profile is not usual, which I question.

Aside from that, we clearly disagree so little point going forwards. I am part of the EU and live and work in Spain. You do not.
User avatar
By Sheff_Blade
#1097423
TVTechnology wrote:
Sat Aug 12, 2017 4:03 pm
TVTechnology, mystic meg strikes again
No just some of us have a better understanding of things, than others. Not quite how reporting factual job losses which have been cited by those parties as caused by Brexit is relating to me being mystic meg? But you are in IT, so I understand your brain functionality may be different to most 'normal people' :lol:

I'd also suspect any CEO of a software company, does not need to have a little holiday home in Torre, the cheapest expat resort of them all. Hmm.

I'm sure you'll come back and justify one story after another - so vent, but i'm not coming back to this post, as I simply do not believe you, profile is not usual, which I question.

Aside from that, we clearly disagree so little point going forwards. I am part of the EU and live and work in Spain. You do not.
You have a better understanding of things? That alone says it all!

Mystic Meg because you just make things up to suit your beliefs. Like I'm retired with a pot of gold. Where did I say CEO? In what fantasy of yours did I imply I earned millions to afford a luxury villa in Marbella?

I'm sorry my profile doesn't fit in with your fantasy. A certain respected gentleman on this forum can vouch that I am not a millionaire as he came to stay with us in Sheffield whilst he did a round Britain cycle ride for charity. But you go on believing that you know everything.
User avatar
By Sheff_Blade
#1097450
TVTechnology wrote:
Sun Aug 13, 2017 10:51 am
Where did I say CEO?
Sheff_blade
I actually own the company and have employees
on your own post, look above :roll:
I would never, and have never, referred to myself as a chief executive officer. I am not going to discuss the structure of the company with you but you are wrong yet again. A CEO is the highest manager in a company who reports to the board and would normally be a term used in a large business ie a plc. I am not the CEO in some huge software corporation earning megabucks so please keep your imagination in rein.
User avatar
By Jimbo1916
#1097462
Why are Remainers so nasty and spiteful. It doesn`t matter what forum you visit, they are all the same.

You lost....if you could have been arsed to vote that is...so get over it and grow up.
By Mr Jones
#1097466
I seem to remember that you were firmly in the remain camp jimbo, why do you jump ship so easily?

Kev I know you have a wicked sense of humour, but with relation to jimbos illegal taxi runs, he has paid his debt to society, I think you should drop the car 67 piss take now man, it's getting old.

MJ
User avatar
By Jimbo1916
#1097469
Mr Jones wrote:
Sun Aug 13, 2017 4:20 pm
I seem to remember that you were firmly in the remain camp jimbo, why do you jump ship so easily?

Kev I know you have a wicked sense of humour, but with relation to jimbos illegal taxi runs, he has paid his debt to society, I think you should drop the car 67 piss take now man, it's getting old.

MJ
I was never in the remain camp Jonesy........As I`ve stated on here many times in reply to mrs nelly constant anti-Brexit no nothing drivel, I couldnt vote because I have been here for over 15 years, but if I could have voted, I would have voted remain purely for selfish reasons, pensions, health etc, which would have gone against my conscience and principles, otherwise I would have voted out. So it`s just as well I couldn`t vote.

As far as your slimy reference to my and my wife`s taxi driving experience and nellys equally imbecilic reference....´car 57 `...you can shove it up your proverbial lefty backside. What on earth that`s got to with Brexit will only be apparent to a nasty piece of work like you Jonesy. So you have proven my point.

But hey, guess who`s wife used to do illegal taxi runs ( and may still do ) but never got caught like me an MY wife.. The same person who came on here at the same time saying that any Brits doing airport runs should be classed as scabs. :wink:

Fecking hypocrite of the highest order....like the rest of you.


(Fake smiling smiley )
By Burrababa
#1097475
The Remoaners will stoop to the lowest levels

They are not intelligent ----as they say

ignorance is bliss

:D
User avatar
By Jimbo1916
#1097489
Burrababa wrote:
Mon Aug 14, 2017 12:50 am
The Remoaners will stoop to the lowest levels

They are not intelligent ----as they say

ignorance is bliss

:D
Typical reaction from bad losers who lost the General Election and the Brexit vote., Tony.

Something we´ve all come to expect on here. That`s why myself and others don`t bother anymore.

At least mrs nelly has shifted the blame for all that`s wrong with the UK from the Tories to the Pensioners..........You couldn`t make it up. :lol: :lol: :lol:
User avatar
By Sheff_Blade
#1097493
Mrs Nelson wrote:
Mon Aug 14, 2017 10:54 am
Writing an x on a ballot paper was the beginning of a long long journey with an unknown destination, to suggest you know how it's going to end is bloody stupid.
Probably just as stupid as thinking you know where the EU is going to end up (or perhaps just end!).
User avatar
By Sheff_Blade
#1097496
Mrs N, I'm not sure what you mean by "you will struggle to prove that lie" but I do agree with you on "You might get the brexit you wanted, you might not " and "You have an opinion and so do I, currently both opinions carry a similar weight, as brexit is a long way off."

I appreciate that other people have different opinions but as I've said before (many times I know), what I really object to is people who dismiss others who have a different view to themselves as idiots, deluded, unaffected and/or racists.
By TVTechnology
#1097499
I would never, and have never, referred to myself as a chief executive officer. I am not going to discuss the structure of the company with you but you are wrong yet again. A CEO is the highest manager in a company who reports to the board and would normally be a term used in a large business ie a plc. I am not the CEO in some huge software corporation earning megabucks so please keep your imagination in rein.


I know that, This is easier than fishing. :lol:

OK owner of a very small software company, one that just gains you enough profit to have a holiday home in Spain. :D

In the meantime, we'll just keep ignoring all the factual points, such at cited the job losses and increasing costs (decreasing currency) of this joke / fiasco.

Better sort the jobs out as well - otherwise the limping NHS will have its legs cut off completely when all the nurses / doctors who are not English, go back - though we can continue along the same path of hiring temporary staff at the cost of FORTUNES - As most of the other 'Brexit' points- a localised issue the NHS, not an EU one. But in peoples minds EU IS THE CAUSE OF All EVIL. Perhaps look how well the UK has done financially through the EU - this is where the lack of much understanding is - finance / law / employment.

People focus on the usual headlines - EU costs x. More was said on this, but little on the positives, tourism, business, stability - lack of red tape for businesses and the big one, the financial service sector, which is huge in the UK.

Arguments aside. Over 1 year down the line - Nothing has improved so far. Stated job losses (specific to Brexit concerns), racism increases, currency devaluation, cost of living increases.

Maybe the future will be better, however to this point (with no defined solution on the horizon yet) - SO FAR, the Brexit has caused no positive outcomes - arguments (on and off forums) hatred everywhere and politicians spinning around for an answer. This has already cost a fortune and will continue to do so, until someone figures out how to negotiate one of the most complex trade & legislation issues - in most people's lifetimes.
User avatar
By Sheff_Blade
#1097509
Hurrah! References to fishing(?) aside, you finally accept that I am not retired in Spain with a large pot of gold, or in some nice and safe job, or a millionaire-owner of some multi-national company with a huge villa in Spain?

Despite your promise not to come back to this post, you have returned, so I take it you accept that even though I don't fit into your 'profile' you now accept I am not lying? I believe the UK's future is best served outside of the EU even though it's not altogether in my best interests.

As to avoiding the facts, it's you that's gone down this track. I did answer your comments about jobs but you chose to ignore it and accuse me of living a selfish life as a pensioner/secure employee/rich business owner (delete as the mood takes you).
Sheff_Blade wrote:
Sat Aug 12, 2017 11:21 am
You're right about people losing their jobs but stuff happens; it doesn't mean a decision or policy is wrong for the majority in the longer term. You can always finds a group of individuals who have suffered as the result of a policy or decision but it doesn't make that policy or decision the wrong one. As you've owned a company you should know that from time to time you may need to make someone redundant for the sake of the rest of the company. You can go on about 85 people losing their jobs here and 6 people losing their jobs there; there's as much chance of that happening if we stay in the EU when the next Euro crisis happens.
By TVTechnology
#1097558
Fishing - deliberately going out to catch something. In this instance someone both gullible and...
As to avoiding the facts, it's you that's gone down this track. I did answer your comments about jobs but you chose to ignore it and accuse me of living a selfish life as a pensioner/secure employee/rich business owner (delete as the mood takes you).
.

Well if you hadn't said 'I OWN MY OWN SOFTWARE COMPANY' , I would have neither called you an employee or CEO - mystic meg ;-)


You cannot argue facts of job losses and currency issues all based on changes brought to us by the Brexit (thusfar). Well YOU can. They (jobs) MAY have gone longer term or things MAY be better later on - is not a statement of fact.

You have failed to objectively respond to all of the main key points made, job losses, cost of living / currency & the doubling or so of racial attacks.

This is called cyclic behaviour, when you are unable to objectively study the facts as have an emotional investment / interest. To admit error or wrongdoing is perceived as 'personal fault / failure' (by oneself) - which is why most struggle to admit these type of mistakes, even when presented with the facts (not opinions), usual and anticipated response is to argue in a different direction or turn the other way - as it is easier to not accept.

I deal in facts & numbers. Brexit so far = negative on most financial, job and cost fronts. THATS A FACT. Long term you MAY be right, perhaps UK will bounce back - I do hope so. But growth & time will be lost, which will cost - could set UK growth back years, it has already begun. Where we go from here, when we step off the roller coaster is currently 'anyones guess' - which is a worry.

Not sure what's worse, the blind following of 'Brexit' or 'Religion' as both have interesting parallels.
Your opinions

I’m not provoking anyone, I’m just su[…]

Great News !

You have not made a point though have you, you h[…]

SALT Tour

I am sure they will respect the siesta break from […]

Spanish ads

Don't know about an iPad 2 but an older iPad it's […]

New ITV changes

My pleasure bee

Roll it in glitter Brexit

Not sure why you are talking about Germany Spain?[…]

Makes sense fred

Would you trust Labour

Yes but apart from all that factual stuff... :wink[…]

New Advertising Slots and Possibilities