Torrevieja Forum

This Section Is Sponsored By WWW.COSTABLANCABIKEHIRE.COM
Here you can ask questions about anything that relates to Torrevieja.
Anything not related to Torrevieja can be posted in General Chat.

Moderator: Moderator

By cameron
Can anybody recommend a gas fitter. My friend has a leak from the pipes in her installation and the engineer who came today has told her it will cost 700 euros for a new one. It seems very expensive and she is so upset as her husband recently died and has to pay his tax bill tomorrow which coincidentally is 700 euros which she has managed to save. She now has no hot water and won’t have for some time until she can save up.
By Info
The plumber I see recommended a lot is David Hudson 634286590. He may not do gas repairs but he might be able to give a recommendation. Do I assume at that price its a gas central heating boiler we are talking about.

Bee
By freddo
700 euros is about correct for a new quality gas boiler fitted by a registered gas fitter/plumber I use Jesu Gil 644498659 english spoken
By cameron
Info wrote:
Tue Nov 05, 2019 1:12 am
The plumber I see recommended a lot is David Hudson 634286590. He may not do gas repairs but he might be able to give a recommendation. Do I assume at that price its a gas central heating boiler we are talking about.

Bee
No, it just heats the hot water which I am sure you can buy a new system cheaper than what she has been quoted.
By cameron
I had the same system which was installed 15 years ago and when I had problems last year the same man put a new system in but used the same piping and meter cover and it cost me under 300 euros. He is a qualified Spanish man who has worked for our local bricolage for many years.
By Info
I hadn't realised they were that much more expensive than the electric immersion system.

Bee
By freddo
cameron wrote:
Tue Nov 05, 2019 11:21 am
I had the same system which was installed 15 years ago and when I had problems last year the same man put a new system in but used the same piping and meter cover and it cost me under 300 euros. He is a qualified Spanish man who has worked for our local bricolage for many years.

What about a name and contact number then
By cameron
Freddo I don’t think it Is him as he works for the bricolage and never takes the money, you have to go in to the shop and pay them. Maybe this is the correct price now, I don’t know, I am just worried that my friend has no hot water for the foreseeable future. She has been through enough recently and it is another added worry for her.
By Yellowbird
Similar situation. Had a new Junkers water heater in January bought and installed for 439 euros. Maybe there is extra work needed because of the problem with the current one?
By Beardyboy
That sounds very expensive to me.
Rather than pay that sum, she may be wiser installing an electric boiler.

That said, somebody recommended an excellent gas engineer in Los Montesinos...shop coming into the town from Torrevieja.
€700 sounds extortionate, poor woman must be distraught with worry.
I will search for further details and post when found.
By Beardyboy
Hi Cameron,
I have checked with a friend who worked for British Gas so knows what he is talking about, here is his reply..
IF IT IS JUST YOUR STANDARD OPEN FLUE GAS BOILER OFTEN FITTED OUTSIDE,THEN THAT PRICE IS OUTRIGHT ROBBERY. IF IT IS A COMBINATION BOILER THEN THEY ARE EXPENSIVE. USUALLY THEY ARE JUST THE STANDARD BOILERS THOUGH. I HAVE SEEN A LOT OF RECOMMENDATIONS FOR THE BRICO AS YOU COME INTO LOS MONTESINOS AND THEY ALSO DO BOILER REPAIRS.

HOPE THIS HELPS.
Estate Agents

How is the person that is owed the debt going to g[…]

Great new s

Torrevieja.co.uk

Would you consider someone hosting it for you Gary[…]

Quizes

Hi we're looking to meet 2 or 3 people who want to[…]

No I haven't seen that place before so I will take[…]

Happy Mobile

Did you mean Happy Movil or Happy Mobil I is owne[…]

Christmas Fayre 23rd November