Torrevieja Forum

This Section Is Sponsored By WWW.COSTABLANCABIKEHIRE.COM
Here you can ask questions about anything that relates to Torrevieja.
Anything not related to Torrevieja can be posted in General Chat.

Moderator: Moderator

By Rick
Hoping someone can help. We have an internal fuse box on the wall of our apartment With a plastic door. One of the plastic hinges has broken and I wondered if anybody knew where I could get one. Apartment is 20 years old but would imagine the type of fuse box housing was fairly standard/common at one stage.
Thank you in anticipation.
By Rick
Thanks for response Alan.

I won’t give up before I find one!

Going to try taking the other hinge to an electrical wholesaler to see if I can get one. They are plastic, flimsy at best and simply perish over time.

I’ll let you you know if I find one!

All the best.
By Sheff_Blade
I tried to post with a picture but it seems to have failed.

We had the same problem some years ago so I bought a couple of very small chrome hinges with nuts and bolts. I drilled small holes in the casing and door and fitted the hinges. All still in place and working.
By Rick
Despite my initial doubts That I would find these, I met an English electrician in CEF electrical wholesalers in Torre. He agreed to come and have a look. Surprise surprise he had the very same brand new panel (backplates and door with hinges) on his van. All fitted in 15 minutes - 35 euro.
His contact details are Kieran, 685 466 681 - recommended.
By ic
Rick wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2019 7:20 pm
Despite my initial doubts That I would find these, I met an English electrician in CEF electrical wholesalers in Torre. He agreed to come and have a look. Surprise surprise he had the very same brand new panel (backplates and door with hinges) on his van. All fitted in 15 minutes - 35 euro.
His contact details are Kieran, 685 466 681 - recommended.
Does that cost include all parts as well please?
By Rick
ic apologies for delay in responding.
Yes cost of 35 euro was for parts (backplates and hinged door) and labour i.e. total cost.
Hope this helps.
Regards.
A little church humour:-

A Little Church Humour !! > >> > >[…]

We have a box supplied by The Post Room in San Mig[…]

I will collect them if you pm me the address thank[…]

Teams and riders can be seen here. https://www.cyc[…]

Car air conditioning top up

Seals will have dried out then and will leak again

Fred I just sent you a pm. Bee

Gas boiler

Ok thanks