Torrevieja Forum

This Section Is Sponsored By WWW.COSTABLANCABIKEHIRE.COM
Here you can ask questions about anything that relates to Torrevieja.
Anything not related to Torrevieja can be posted in General Chat.

Moderator: Moderator

By Bill Posters
We’re off to buy a room heater. Naturally, we want one that is economical but effective; wife isn’t fussy about smelly gas bottles but on the other hand electricity costs can be crippling. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
By Info
If you don't mind gas then bottled gas seems to be particularly cheap in Spain. Gas is good for instant heat and there are some nice ones on the market now that look like stoves. Down side is hauling the gas bottles. Oil filled electric heaters with timers and heat settings that cut in and out are also effective but you need at least a 1kw for decent heat. Bee
By Jimbo1916
I wouldn`t leave any bottled gas heaters on when I go out or am asleep in bed. They smell and cause terrible condensation.
Electricity is more expensive but at least it`s safe and can be controlled by a timer and thermostat.
We have Farho heaters in all our rooms. They look just like proper radiators and it`s just like having central heating .. and we also have fitted carpets in all the rooms, including bathrooms.
Yes they are expensive to buy and run .. but what price comfort.
By Info
I'm with you on the electricity John. I cannot be in the same room as a gas heater. It's an instant migraine for me. It doesn't matter even if the window is open.

Bee
By Beardyboy
We have a built in gas fire which is absolutely wonderful. There is an electric fan attached which blows the heat all around the room. We never get any condensation or headaches. Perhaps it works differently than the superser type of heater.
By faolteam
Beardyboy wrote:
Sat Jan 05, 2019 6:50 pm
We have a built in gas fire which is absolutely wonderful. There is an electric fan attached which blows the heat all around the room. We never get any condensation or headaches. Perhaps it works differently than the superser type of heater.
Have to agree with you Beardyboy i have exactly the Same :D
By Beardyboy
Ok Jimbo.the central heatingidea sounds great but just how easy is it to havethe system installed into a town house...3 stories. Do you have gas or oil? Roughly how much should I expect to pay? You seem to be the person to advise us so please do just that. Everyone else would like to walk into warm rooms throughout., you seem to believe that your investment has paid off, assuming that you installed it and not previous owners. I imagine everyone would like a rough idea as this seems to be the best option.
By Bill Posters
The ‘holy grail’ I am looking for has to be mobile as we rent. Freddo made a positive suggestion but no idea as to purchase cost. Such advances in technology but paraffin, gas and electricity apart from modern design are basically still 1950s.

Does sound a bit expensive I would say about half […]

Free patio sliding doors.

Someone has contacted me so these are no longer av[…]

My new polycarbonate roof.

We drove over before lunch and found the place eas[…]

Iceland overseas

Just a question out of curiosity Does anyone know […]

Just back from Dolores! If I had known earlier.we[…]

Why

That's way after I had the 50k discussion - a coup[…]

Bombarded with Microsoft scam calls

It depends where you are "advertising "[…]