Torrevieja Forum

This Section Is Sponsored By WWW.COSTABLANCABIKEHIRE.COM
Here you can ask questions about anything that relates to Torrevieja.
Anything not related to Torrevieja can be posted in General Chat.

Moderator: Moderator

Yes very sad for her family. It says she fell 20mtrs. I cannot place any open footbridge at Alicante Airport at a bus loading area. The only place where you could possibly fall 20mtrs or 60ft is outside the departures area which overlooks the entrance to the public car park down below but there is no footbridge there only a wall and the bus loading area is well away from the wall. Bee
A very sad incident. Its strange how it happened and how the poor woman ended up falling over the wall. I assume that this is the wall at departures which looks down on the bus area.
A mother of two young children who was about to fly to Ireland to surprise her father for Chtistmas. Her partner had dropped her off and knew nothing of the incident until the police made contact with him later. RIP
I have been wracking my brains to think where there is a low railing on a walkway but I can't visualise anything. The buses are all down at ground level except for the Torrevieja one which is up on departures level. The walkway from the carpark to departures is covered in. Is there another walkway. I am curious as I would be worried that there is a low railing somewhere overlooking a 60ft drop that one of my grandkids could fall over. We watch them like hawks all the time but it only takes seconds for accidents to happen. Bee
Possibly something like those Conrad. Although they are above waist level. Her father said when the authorities looked at the CCTV it looked like a very tragic accident. She wasn't pushed, she didn't jump she just fell over the low wall with a railing on top. However and wherever it happened it is very sad for her children and family. Bee
I cannot get this tragic incident out of my mind and wonder if any more light has been cast over this accident. I have googled and read the reports from various newspapers but none gives anymore information. I was wondering if anyone has heard anything else as it is quite frightening to think such an accident could happen in such a busy airport.
My deepest sympathy goes to her family in Spain and in Ireland, they must all be devastated.
Beardyboy wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 6:53 pm
I cannot get this tragic incident out of my mind and wonder if any more light has been cast over this accident. I have googled and read the reports from various newspapers but none gives anymore information. I was wondering if anyone has heard anything else as it is quite frightening to think such an accident could happen in such a busy airport.
My deepest sympathy goes to her family in Spain and in Ireland, they must all be devastated.
Like you, I have often thought about this tragic accident, but haven't been able to find any update.
I can't think where the footbridge is.
Poor lady.
Possible scam!!

They do this a lot in south africa, or so my siste[…]

Morning Brian, Many thanks for the message, I a[…]

Washing machine repair

Dan been out and sorted it many thanks, highly rec[…]

Community AGM

Thanks Bee. I had thought that the Administrator w[…]

Playa flamemcia

Yes Rob, there are lifts.

Of course you are right Freddo. The Open is ofte[…]