Torrevieja Forum

This Section Is Sponsored By WWW.COSTABLANCABIKEHIRE.COM
Here you can ask questions about anything that relates to Torrevieja.
Anything not related to Torrevieja can be posted in General Chat.

Moderator: Moderator

By annewalks
Hi we are buying a property today in benimar and have our Spanish solicitor at the notary purchasing on our behalf . I have judy checked our sabadell account where the solicitor has got the bankers draft and the bank has charged us over 650 euros on charges for the transaction . This seem really excessive . Is this a normal charge . Be interested if anyone has any views . I have emailed solicitor asking if this normal
By Deb64
Yes Sabadell charge for a bankers draft, think we paid 30 euros a few years ago when we bought a car for 10k, so on a house that is probably correct.

I know that when people sell they tend to transfer the money to a transfer company so as not to get stung by the bank for sending it back.
annewalks wrote:
Fri Sep 07, 2018 10:17 am
Hi we are buying a property today in benimar and have our Spanish solicitor at the notary purchasing on our behalf . I have judy checked our sabadell account where the solicitor has got the bankers draft and the bank has charged us over 650 euros on charges for the transaction . This seem really excessive . Is this a normal charge . Be interested if anyone has any views . I have emailed solicitor asking if this normal

When we bought in 2016 Sabadell's charges for a bank draft was 0.4% to a max of €300. This I later found was negotiable!... :oops: We took out their house insurance for 12 months and got the cost reduced to €160. :)
We re-insured with another insurance company after 12 months but had to give Sabadell 2 months notice to quit their insurance renewal (now only 1 month notice required to cancel Spanish house insurance renewal).

What was the purchase price of the property?......or the value of the bankers draft?

Some solicitors will help you out by providing escrow services, holding your money and paying by bank transfer on the day.

Did you get a quote from the solicitor? I would be tempted to argue the cost with your solicitor and see if you can reduce the overall cost of his/her services.

Good luck but make sure that a few hundred €'s doesn't get in the way of enjoying your new life. :)
Our solicitor just said that bank charges are high in spain. I should have asked how much bank charges would be but never thought they would be so excessive. We have an apartment to sell nie so will make sure I get no nasty surprises there

I voted as I do in every vote that I am entitled t[…]

24th jan out 6th March return

Is Brexit a done deal?

The whole Brexit process is like the a political t[…]

Makes Ryanair saints

Got back from a break in iceland last week and no[…]

It would be great if they had the furniture as wel[…]

wanted three wheel bike

I have seen them in the Auction at Heradadas quite[…]

El Patio Bar and Restaurant at Calle Ulpiano 16 To[…]

RYANAIR

We flew back last Wednesday we could not hand our […]