Torrevieja Forum

This Section Is Sponsored By WWW.COSTABLANCABIKEHIRE.COM
Here you can ask questions about anything that relates to Torrevieja.
Anything not related to Torrevieja can be posted in General Chat.

Moderator: Moderator

All the other footbridges over the N332 seem to be a sensible width and allow for people to cross in two directions. The footbridge over the N332 at Punta Prima is half the width. God help any cyclist trying to push a bike or someone with their shopping trolley as they cross.

Still, it’s there and done. They won’t change that. But why was it ever so small in the first place? The footbridge predates my memory of Punta Prima. So is there anyone here who recalls it going up and perhaps knows why it is so narrow compared to all the other N332 footbridges?

TIA
This is the second footbridge at Punta Prima.

I`m not sure of the date but the first one was knocked over by the crane on a Grua. I seem to remember that two elderly Spanish were killed. There was talk at the time of the foundations not being strong enough.

I can`t recall if it was wider or not than the present one.
mrmedia wrote:
Sun Jul 08, 2018 7:03 am
All the other footbridges over the N332 seem to be a sensible width and allow for people to cross in two directions. The footbridge over the N332 at Punta Prima is half the width. God help any cyclist trying to push a bike or someone with their shopping trolley as they cross.

Still, it’s there and done. They won’t change that. But why was it ever so small in the first place? The footbridge predates my memory of Punta Prima. So is there anyone here who recalls it going up and perhaps knows why it is so narrow compared to all the other N332 footbridges?

TIA
I can't recall the first bridge. When it was single lane on the N332 everyone use to cross the road. It never had this volume of traffic and you didn't have traffic islands or the separation of carriageways.

I have been over the footbridge at Punta Prima and that at Cabo Roig and they are both the same. The footbridge at Punta Prima does have steps if people can use them rather than the ramp. The problem with the steps is that they are at an accutate angle which many could not use. Cabo Roig is purely a ramp.

Neither ramps are wide enough. A wheelchair or mobility scooter would easily take up the width of the ramp and able people would be required to stop at the top of the bridge to let one pass - not sure who wins when 2 mobility scooters come head to head.
Dyson

Hi Chas, I have a v10 animal which has a multitude[…]

RYANAIR

I did ask that NO I had to take it through then I […]

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/na[…]

wanted three wheel bike

has anyone a three wheel cycle that is surplus for[…]

Gift tax

From Blevin Franks a bit of useful info Capital […]

Hi, how do I pay the 5 euros?

MECHANIC WANTED

Chris tel 648938619 based in Quesada.