Torrevieja Forum

This Section Is Sponsored By WWW.COSTABLANCABIKEHIRE.COM
Here you can ask questions about anything that relates to Torrevieja.
Anything not related to Torrevieja can be posted in General Chat.

Moderator: Moderator

By Bill Posters
My laptop struggles in this torrid heat and keyboard keys can stick. I know it is heat related because when I use the a/c the problem lessens. I did ask if cleaning the fan might help to cool it but received conflicting answers.

1) it can but the removal, cleaning or the replacement of the fan is time consuming and expensive.

2). It’s a basic and reasonably priced service, easily done and should be done more often.

Can anyone advise? Thank you, Bill.
By freddo
Laptops should have a service every year which will entails a strip down and clean also will require new thermal paste on the CPU and maybe Graphic chip, It is possible to vary the speed of the fans if done by a competent PC Technician
IT equipment will always struggle if there is no adequate cooling
By freddo
Info wrote:
Wed Jul 04, 2018 6:48 pm
Have you tried a can of compressed air to spray on keyboard and fan if you can see it. Cost about €4. Bee
Often recommended but could do major damage if used in wrong place better off with a hairdryer set on cold but best is to get a laptop rest with fans built in only about 10 euros
By Bill Posters
OD Telecom.............. Quesada..... by which I mean pass La Laguna hotel, straight to the top; small commerciale...... can't recommend them highly enough. Superbly competent and of great integrity.
Sat Back/Google Maps

Thanks for the prompt response Freddo. Good to kno[…]

Trump, is he not looking after his fellow Americ[…]

Lloret de Mar

Initially we went to Rosa´s Tours in Ciu[…]

Nokia 3 replacement glass

Depending on where you are Fonefix San Luis next t[…]

R.I.P. Chas.

You're right SteveD. Really down to earth guys, to[…]

Swimming in Torrevieja

No it doesn't die off😊 It needs very much to be al[…]

Any legal taxi drivers for this ?