Torrevieja Forum

This Section Is Sponsored By WWW.COSTABLANCABIKEHIRE.COM
Here you can ask questions about anything that relates to Torrevieja.
Anything not related to Torrevieja can be posted in General Chat.

Moderator: Moderator

By dot
We do not live here full time but last year we got some birds nesting along the side of our roof. It caused a lot of mess with droppings all up our stairs. This year they have come back again but even worse is there anything we can do. Are we allowed when they finish nesting to remove the nests and put netting up along the eves but so tgat they do not come back, is this allowed. Does anybody know who does this.
By Info
Sounds like swallows. You can remove the nests but it would be around September as they usually have 2 clutches and the second chicks wouldn't fledge until end August mid September. They are very persistent little critters and will come back to the same spot next year if they survive so you will need to be very thorough in fencing them out. Personally I leave them be as I always feel privileged that they came all the way from Africa to nest in my shed and I love their chatter. I just hose down and clean up every year once they are gone.
By sealord
seen lots of house martins nests and CDs hanging maybe ment to keep them away, try a Des O Connor CD that would work.
By nettob
You leave Des alone - my wife & I once had a lovely chat with him at a theatre stage door, he is a really nice guy
By dot
Oh Ok it is so high up but it is more the mess they make with droppings everywhere
By Jimbo1916
Info wrote:
Wed Jul 04, 2018 9:36 pm
Sounds like swallows. You can remove the nests but it would be around September as they usually have 2 clutches and the second chicks wouldn't fledge until end August mid September. They are very persistent little critters and will come back to the same spot next year if they survive so you will need to be very thorough in fencing them out. Personally I leave them be as I always feel privileged that they came all the way from Africa to nest in my shed and I love their chatter. I just hose down and clean up every year once they are gone.
be kind 1.jpg
Including Remainers. :wink:
Dyson

Hi Chas, I have a v10 animal which has a multitude[…]

RYANAIR

I did ask that NO I had to take it through then I […]

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/na[…]

wanted three wheel bike

has anyone a three wheel cycle that is surplus for[…]

Gift tax

From Blevin Franks a bit of useful info Capital […]

Hi, how do I pay the 5 euros?