Torrevieja Forum

This Section Is Sponsored By WWW.COSTABLANCABIKEHIRE.COM
Here you can ask questions about anything that relates to Torrevieja.
Anything not related to Torrevieja can be posted in General Chat.

Moderator: Moderator

By mrmedia
I will confess to hurling soft furnishings at the television on occasions at The Place in the Sun. People looking ever inland for a place to host every niece and extended cousin 'all together' when they actually wanted to live near the beach and so forth.

For me, the biggest complaint is when the presenter says, 'I’ll do my very best/I’ll use every trick I know to get this property on budget for you.'

And this is what happens.

Presenter: How much would you like to offer?
Buyer: £75,000
Presenter: Ok, here goes.
On phone: Carlos? They’d like to offer £75,000
Presenter: Let’s see if that works.
Phone rings.
Presenter: ok, uh huh, I’ll talk to them
Presenter: He says that they’ve rejected your offer. Would you like to bid some more?
Buyer: No
Presenter: ok, well I hope you do well in the future.
Presenter: So, it’s on at £130,000, would you like to make an offfer?
Buyer with no interest in buying: Yes, we'd like to offer £85,000.
[Dusty silence]
Presenter: Ok, well do remember the agent said they would consider an offer close to the top of your budget which was £120,000.
By harry
sealord wrote:
Sun Jul 01, 2018 7:39 am
are they not " I want to be on tv " people, some dont look as though they have 2 pennies to rub together. their favorite line "its a nice size "
ha ha, we laugh at the same line, not forgetting "it's light and airy", "the wow factor" and "it's got potential"
By Info
Or "oh no I don't want a bidet" and "that would make a nice office " and I am thinking ffs its a holiday home why would you need an office or is office a grander name for utility room. Bee
Its the ones that go with around £30,000 to £40,000 expecting to get a three bed villa with its own pool near the coast that make me laugh.

Oh and the ones that moan about the size of the kitchen... er… it's Spain, do most people spend hours upon hours cooking in a kitchen?
To be fair, more of them are buying in the show now. I do prefer Johnny Irwin who will tell them straight - not on your budget, you’ve got to make a compromise here.

The other one is not wanting people to look upon them from anywhere. I quite like the Spanish social approach where you do see your neighbours sitting out the front. It is good to be a bit more social.
"The next property is only a 10-minute walk from here" yeah right if you are Usain Bolt.

"You could get a good income by renting it out when you're not using it" yeah along with everyone else on the cost.

I want to be near the sea, have a pool, have outside space, near the bars and shops, 3 bedrooms all for 30000. Oh and a car.
Today’s one.

Interior designer: I don’t like it. I don’t like the way it’s set up like a home instead of a holiday home.

This is furniture! And she’s an interior designer.

Did anyone buy their place having seen past all the furniture of someone else?
mrmedia wrote:
Fri Jul 06, 2018 9:43 pm
Today’s one.

Interior designer: I don’t like it. I don’t like the way it’s set up like a home instead of a holiday home.

This is furniture! And she’s an interior designer.

Did anyone buy their place having seen past all the furniture of someone else?
Obvisouly the silly moo doesn't realise that SOME people actually LIVE all the time in these locations!
Sat Back/Google Maps

Thanks for the prompt response Freddo. Good to kno[…]

Trump, is he not looking after his fellow Americ[…]

Lloret de Mar

Initially we went to Rosa´s Tours in Ciu[…]

Nokia 3 replacement glass

Depending on where you are Fonefix San Luis next t[…]

R.I.P. Chas.

You're right SteveD. Really down to earth guys, to[…]

Swimming in Torrevieja

No it doesn't die off😊 It needs very much to be al[…]

Any legal taxi drivers for this ?