Torrevieja Forum

This Section Is Sponsored By WWW.COSTABLANCABIKEHIRE.COM
Here you can ask questions about anything that relates to Torrevieja.
Anything not related to Torrevieja can be posted in General Chat.

Moderator: Moderator

Mr Jones wrote:
Thu Jun 28, 2018 10:34 am
Good question, if you owned a bar or any type of business and it’s kerb appeal was ruined by a shoddy council, you would clean it yourself no ?
If you clean it yourself --the council will never be bothered to improve----maybe a joint business petition could get the lazy bureaucrats to do something positive.

That strip has always been a bit grubby and it is a shame as it contributes to local jobs and profitability--let's hope that investment is found one day to upgrade the whole area --it would be very welcome--similar to the mess at Punta Prima
Jimbo1916 wrote:
Sat Jun 30, 2018 6:07 pm
Why clean it yourself when you already pay SUMA for the council to do it. !!
Why would SUMA cover the mess that your bar creates outside. Cabo Roig is a absolute mess and no one seems to know who should be responisble ? Perhaps the bars should take (for once) responsibility or be closed down.
Simonipswich wrote:Years ago people would sweep outside their premises be it domestic or business to keep the front clean and tidy. To be honest if I had to wade through rubbish to get into a business I wouldn't go in.
Not so long ago people were pointing at the Chinese shops and their lack of control over boxes and packaging. They have clearly acted because the problem is not them and perhaps they were used as an excuse at the time.

It the bars that need to take more responsibility. Sticky pavements at 10 in the morning is not acceptable or the smell of beer. Glasses and bottles left lying around doesn't give the right impression. Perhaps the bars can't be bothered as they make their money at night what goes on during the day.
There is a group of local, expats, I believe? who do a Friday cleanup of the area as they are so disgusted with it. They have been doing this for a while now and if it wasn't for them, it would be a total disaster! They clean up litter etc. and they are the ones who tape binbags to problem areas - like the footbridge at the roundabout.
The council give them no help whatsoever and they have occasional fundraising events in local bars.
Fencing

What about Brico at Elche or Aki

Sheets

If your fitted sheets are not staying in place o[…]

Roll it in glitter Brexit

said brexit actually means none of the good stuff[…]

Would you trust Labour

you trying to out do your Welsh mate Jonesy for wh[…]

Noisy neighbours

Jonesy --you have to post sensible comments for pe[…]

https://www.diarioinformacion.com/economia/2018/07[…]

4 heads and 3 teeth