Torrevieja Forum

This Section Is Sponsored By WWW.COSTABLANCABIKEHIRE.COM
Here you can ask questions about anything that relates to Torrevieja.
Anything not related to Torrevieja can be posted in General Chat.

Moderator: Moderator

By Burrababa
In a last-minute decision, the town hall of Torrevieja announced on Wednesday lunchtime that people will not be allowed to make bonfires on any of the beaches in Torrevieja for the popular San Juan fiestas this weekend – in concrete on the night of Saturday 23 June.

Councillor for beaches, Javier Manzanares, said that the government team had come to this decision in a bid to protect the state of the beaches before the arrival of tourists for the summer season.

He added that each year after the San Juan fiesta the beaches are left in a terrible state, which is made worse by the thousands of spikes and screws that are left in the sand.

In order to prevent any bonfires being set on fire, the police will apply a special substance to the sand that prevents materials catching alight.
Local police will be patrolling the beaches and anyone caught breaking this regulation could be fined anywhere between 750€ and 3,000€.

Is this a spoof?? how is this supposed to work re the application of fire retardant substance on the beach ??
By Info
Molinos del Calvario have their usual Hogueras. One for the children and one for the adults. It is erected at the corner of Calle San Jose and Calle Chapaprieta. They are in fiesta since sat 16th June and end with the burning of the Hoguera on Sunday 24th early hours of Monday morning at 1.00am. The fire brigade will be there to keep everyone hosed down and cool. Bee
Swimming in Torrevieja

The temperature of the sea at the moment is 27de[…]

Apartment Question

ThNks for info

You could try this one. www.torretaxi.com bookings[…]

R.I.P. Chas.

Very Sad to hear that Chas Hodges of Chas 'N Dave […]

My neighbours speak very highly of a company calle[…]

I will be in Torrevieja Monday so I will try the k[…]

No surprises.

Another good and valid post T.V. Technology.

Thanks Kinchy. Oh well , that's Old boy put firml[…]

New Advertising Slots and Possibilities