Torrevieja Forum

This Section Is Sponsored By WWW.COSTABLANCABIKEHIRE.COM
Here you can ask questions about anything that relates to Torrevieja.
Anything not related to Torrevieja can be posted in General Chat.

Moderator: Moderator

Simonipswich wrote:
Thu Jun 21, 2018 5:32 pm
Here, after 6pm we have TWO cars and FOUR police officers for the town... told the rest are "on call" doing paperwork and chasing up other stuff. Three stabbings here in the last three weeks... it's a joke.
Is that Ipswich ?
Simonipswich wrote:
Fri Jun 22, 2018 11:03 am
Newmaney wrote:
Thu Jun 21, 2018 7:00 pm
Simonipswich wrote:
Here, after 6pm we have TWO cars and FOUR police officers for the town... told the rest are "on call" doing paperwork and chasing up other stuff. Three stabbings here in the last three weeks... it's a joke.
Is that Ipswich ?
Certainly is!
Bloody Hell, I'm off to Ipswich a week on Friday, to hopefully enjoy the Speedweekend at Foxhall Stadium, Ipswich.
Should I be worried?
heilan'lassie wrote:
Sat Jun 23, 2018 11:05 am
Simonipswich wrote:
Newmaney wrote:
Simonipswich wrote:
Is that Ipswich ?
Certainly is!
Bloody Hell, I'm off to Ipswich a week on Friday, to hopefully enjoy the Speedweekend at Foxhall Stadium, Ipswich.
Should I be worried?
No you'll be fine! Enjoy the Speedway - it's brilliant up there!
Simonipswich wrote:
Sun Jun 24, 2018 10:50 am
heilan'lassie wrote:
Sat Jun 23, 2018 11:05 am
Simonipswich wrote:
Newmaney wrote:
Simonipswich wrote:
Is that Ipswich ?
Certainly is!
Should I be worried?
No you'll be fine! Enjoy the Speedway - it's brilliant up there!
Not speedway - it's the world finals of the National Hot Rods.
We have been probably every year for the last 30. Just love it.
This is from last Friday (6/7) and taken from www.diarioinformacion.com . Translated through Google so don't blame for some of the wording/punctuation. Orihuela Costa.

Only a patrol of the Local Police watches over the coast at night in the middle of summer

Two serious incidents in the same day show the lack of agents on the coast, which multiplies its population by five

Only a patrol of the Local Police watches over the coast at night in the middle of summer.

The three available troops had to attend simultaneously an illegal race and the accident of a drunk driver.

Orihuela Costa only has a Local Police patrol at night, despite being in the middle of July, when the population in the coastal developments is multiplied by five, and with it, also the number of services that must be attended 3 agents assigned at night -two are those who patrol, while another is in the catch of Playa Flamenca.

The night of Thursday to Friday was especially moved on the coast of Oriola in terms of incidents and accidents, so the few police officers were overwhelmed, highlighting the clear lack of police in the area. The two most serious incidents occurred at dawn and almost simultaneously.

The first warning they answered was that of an illegal careerwith several high-end vehicles involved. One of them, a white BMW, was embedded against the outside wall of a house and finished half a car inside the plot and the driver fled, although he showed up yesterday morning at the Local Police Headquarters with his lawyer . When they were there, the agents received the warning that a visibly drunk driver had finished his vehicle inside a median, destroying several bushes. Despite the insistence of the neighbors because they saw that the man was trying to get the car to flee the place, the agents could not leave the previous service and had to take care of the latter a few minutes later and ended up stopping the driver. In these cases the agent who stays at the checkpoint had to take one of the vehicles to reinforce his two companions.

They were not the only altercations in a night that police sources described as "crazy". The lack of police at night in Orihuela Costa has been denounced several times by the unions, without a solution has been found. The neighbors of the coast demand greater attention in tasks of vigilance and prevention of crimes that multiply during the summer with the massive arrival of tourists. To many services the agents arrive late because they are taking care of others, which annoys to the callers who usually recriminate to them the delay. They can not do more. They are low and there are nights that can not even take a short break because they have to attend one service after another, one call after another.

The indignation among the agents is evident. More, if you compare the number of troops in the two municipalities that border the coast of Orihuela. While in Torrevieja there are between 5 and 6 patrols at night during the summer and in Pilar de la Horadada there are 4, on the Orihuela coast, with a summer population of around 200,000 people, there is only one. Last night only two policemen covered the coast of Oriola.

Lack of means
In addition, agents denounce the lack of material means. For months, walkies were acquired to replace those that used the old system, but a satellite receiving antenna has not been installed on the Coast to allow it to operate, so agents are left with no coverage, especially in urbanizations. internal, preventing communication between them and with the central, so they are forced to make use of their phones.

And what most worries the agents who take turns at night on the Coast: they are not allowed to use TAS (electric) pistols , unlike their colleagues on daytime patrols. This causes a greater insecurity to the policemen who assure that they could avoid aggressions like the one that took place last Tuesday night when a drunk individual assaulted two agents, who are on leave.
By jimny1
Not heavy handed but they need to go to specsavers
I got stopped this morning by two police motorcycles while driving to torrevieja
My friend was on his phone in the passenger seat
When they picked a spot to pull me over one got off his cycle and i wound down the window
He looked and and realised my car was right hand drive , on spanish plates and i was not on the phone
One embarrassed guardia officer then said ok you can go
Visiting the housebound

I have just been speaking to a lady who is visitin[…]

Importing our motorhome

Does anyone know if the Amanda mentioned in the […]

Whole Frozen Duck

Have seen whole frozen duck in Lidl.

PMs

Click on your name top right, drop down ''control […]

Tablet to Tv

Alf (and others who post similar questions on here[…]

Iberdrola