Torrevieja Forum

This Section Is Sponsored By WWW.COSTABLANCABIKEHIRE.COM
Here you can ask questions about anything that relates to Torrevieja.
Anything not related to Torrevieja can be posted in General Chat.

Moderator: Moderator

By ic
ic wrote:
Thu Aug 16, 2018 3:16 pm
Great thread here, best to do things the right way. If I wanted to place the tax part and licence part into the hands of professionals, who would you personally recommend that would be a fair price please? Either one company to do both (preferable) or two companies to do them separately.
Anyone?
By Info
would you not use the link in Deb64's post and do it yourself
https://www.spain-holiday.com/rentalbuz ... -community It is very simple and you don't have to attach the first occupation licence. You can do the declaration to say you have it. Get a copy of your passport, get your cadastral number and your NIE no from your IBI/local rates bill or deeds if you have them, and post the lot to Alicante. You then get your sign made up for outside your door once you have your tourist number from Alicante. Any of the Gestors/Solicitors offices will do the tax returns for you or download the forms from the tax/aeat.es website and do 3 monthly returns yourself. The form is filled out on the weblink and all the information you need for what category your accommodation comes under is also on the link. You can download an app for sending the information about your guests to the Policia Nacional or if you have an agency letting your property they can do that bit for you.

Bee
By Newmaney
meishka wrote:
Sun May 27, 2018 2:39 pm
Newmany---its for everyone whether you have been a customer or not. Its been law since 2015.
I know it has been law, but how many people would acutally know about it who don't live here ? Most properties for renting on Airbnb in this area (Torrevieja/Orihuela Costa) have probably been on their website for years either directly posted or via an agent. Airbnb have made it clear they simply act as a business to connect rentals with customer. Any tax or other liabilities are not there responsibility.

Where does the the Tourist registration show ? On the website page of a property ? How many people looking to book would actually want to find this number ?
By Deb64
Airbnb are still letting people advertise without the tourist licence but other rental portals sent out emails regarding needing the license and if you didn't apply they would take your advert down as they would also by liable for a hefty fine.
If you go on www.spain-holiday.com all the holiday lets in the Valencian area all display their licence number on their advert.

The same happened up in Barcelona with Airbnb and they ended up with a fine and now you need the licence.
By SMG
That fine of €600,00 is a bit steep. Sounds more like money making to me. It is good that there is a licence in place to ensure the property is safe but that is going a bit far
By ic
Info wrote:
Sun Aug 19, 2018 7:27 pm
https://www.spain-holiday.com/rentalbuz ... -community It is very simple and you don't have to attach the first occupation licence. You can do the declaration to say you have it. Get a copy of your passport, get your cadastral number and your NIE no from your IBI/local rates bill or deeds if you have them, and post the lot to Alicante. You then get your sign made up for outside your door once you have your tourist number from Alicante. Any of the Gestors/Solicitors offices will do the tax returns for you or download the forms from the tax/aeat.es website and do 3 monthly returns yourself. The form is filled out on the weblink and all the information you need for what category your accommodation comes under is also on the link. You can download an app for sending the information about your guests to the Policia Nacional or if you have an agency letting your property they can do that bit for you.

Bee
HI Bee, I was just worried that I might have got something wrong with the paperwork :-( That's why I was going to leave it with the experts.

Just so that I'm clear on it, do you have to provide a copy of the passports for every person to the local policia before they stay in the property? Is this what others here are doing?
By old boy
ic wrote:
Wed Aug 22, 2018 11:24 am
Info wrote:
Sun Aug 19, 2018 7:27 pm

Bee
HI Bee, I was just worried that I might have got something wrong with the paperwork :-( That's why I was going to leave it with the experts.

Just so that I'm clear on it, do you have to provide a copy of the passports for every person to the local policia before they stay in the property? Is this what others here are doing?

I think that you are misreading the posts. Bee is saying that you are required to submit a copy of your passport to register your property for the licence. Not copies of your customers' passports.

Once you have the licence and you are operating, then all you need to do is provide your customers' details as required on the authority's website/app once the customers have arrived for their stay. This process is no different to when you register to stay in a foreign hotel, and the reception asks to see your passport so that they can forward details to the relevant authority.

That is certainly how I read the threads.
Hi all I have rented out both my properties for over 3 years, firstly in this area you need a tourist licence “VT then some numbers,” this should be displayed on advert , if not I would be wary of renting , could be not legal, as someone said , trip advisor ,home away , will not let you advertise with them ,secondly all paying guests must be registered all clients over 16 years old with the Guardia Civil , NOT local police, within 24 hrs of arrival, I do this via “check in scan”, just scan passports ask them yo sign, there you have it😎
By ic
Thanks all for the input on this. It is appreciated.
rightsaidfred wrote:
Wed Aug 22, 2018 6:28 pm
Hi all I have rented out both my properties for over 3 years, firstly in this area you need a tourist licence “VT then some numbers,” this should be displayed on advert , if not I would be wary of renting , could be not legal, as someone said , trip advisor ,home away , will not let you advertise with them ,secondly all paying guests must be registered all clients over 16 years old with the Guardia Civil , NOT local police, within 24 hrs of arrival, I do this via “check in scan”, just scan passports ask them yo sign, there you have it😎
I live in the UK and just wondered how the passport scenario would work. How do you specifically take care of that part? Do you get the clients to scan their passports, then email that scan to you, for all people in their party, and then you email that scan to the Guardia Civil?
By Info
Thanks for correction rightsaidfred. I had meant policia nacional but it seems most areas will be using Guardia Civil. If you are not in Spain you could get whoever does your meet and greet or cleaning to get the guests to fill out the forms and take them -to the Guardia Civil on Avenida Habaneras. (If you are posting the forms they have to be in duplicate)The form is in this link from citizens advice bureau. You could print off a stack of them for the season. www.citizensadvice.org.es/faq/as-a-holi ... -arrivals/ Bee
I phone 6

you could go in to settings and roaming then mobil[…]

Spain increase minimum wage

Spain's minimum wage will jump by 22% in 2019 - th[…]

Is Brexit a done deal?

The Brexit deal negotiated by Theresa May may be '[…]

Visiting the housebound

http://helpathomecb.com/ Perhaps these could he[…]

SATELLITE DISH FOR SALE

Please put a price on your advert or it will be re[…]

Portugal Drugs Bust - Cruise Ship

They live in Guardamar Not anymore they don't :D[…]