Torrevieja Forum

This Section Is Sponsored By WWW.COSTABLANCABIKEHIRE.COM
Here you can ask questions about anything that relates to Torrevieja.
Anything not related to Torrevieja can be posted in General Chat.

Moderator: Moderator

By Apple
Jimbo1916 wrote:
Tue May 29, 2018 6:24 pm
Hopefully she is fluent in Spanish because according to your link, that`s the only language the form is in.

Why are some on here giving people advice on how to do everything on the cheap with little or no professional help and probably no command of the language.

We are talking about legal procedure here, not buying a bag of chips. :roll:
Yes, I looked at the form but as my grasp of Spanish is basic that's when I decided I would have to contact a Spanish lawyer. :shock:
Anybody any idea of how much the actual license cost? (I mean without lawyers costs etc) just to give me an idea of starting costs?
Thanks. :?
By Deb64
The Licence is Free but if you dont have a valid habitation cert then to renew it will cost you and if you are in Orihuela costa then it is from 102e - 111e.
Here is a list of prices and info on getting the Habitation cert.
http://martinezdelacasa.com/office/OCCU ... ENCES.html

Jimbo how many official forms in Spain have you filled in that are in English, I think you will find that they are in the language which is spoken.
Use Google translate and it is easy to fill in and attatch the doc's required and post.
By Info
Reading this document which I translated on Google I do believe meishka is correct in that you fill in the form by ticking the boxes and provide your passport no and if you have a copy of your cadastral registration and first habitation cert attach them and if you don't say you have them. Take it along to the office in Alicante and they issue you with your registration number. The only question I can see people wondering about is what category of property you have. The form gives 3 boxes so do you decide yourself the category of property you have i.e. First Class, Premier or standard? There is also a copy of the form you are required to submit/keep for the legal recording of travellers staying in your property. Just click the link within the document. https://translate.googleusercontent.com ... E_VIAJEROS by the way the link is from January 2018.

Bee
By SMG
A friend rents out her property in Gran Alacant and I passed the info to her a couple of weeks ago but she said the tax part doesn't apply to her as her solicitor said she had the choice of declaring her income in the UK or Spain but that doesn't sound right to me so she doesn't declare in Spain.

Anyone know?

I would assume she would need the tourist licence anyway

TIA
By old boy
SMG wrote:
Thu May 31, 2018 5:48 pm
A friend rents out her property in Gran Alacant and I passed the info to her a couple of weeks ago but she said the tax part doesn't apply to her as her solicitor said she had the choice of declaring her income in the UK or Spain but that doesn't sound right to me so she doesn't declare in Spain.

Anyone know?

TIA

I am happy to be corrected, but I would have thought that it would all depend on where she is fiscally resident. If she resides in Spain for 183 days or more (they don't have to be consecutive), then she should (must) become fiscally resident in Spain and would then have to declare the income in Spain.
By Jimbo1916
old boy wrote:
Thu May 31, 2018 6:04 pm
SMG wrote:

Anyone know?

TIA

I am happy to be corrected, but I would have thought that it would all depend on where she is fiscally resident. If she resides in Spain for 183 days or more (they don't have to be consecutive), then she should (must) become fiscally resident in Spain and would then have to declare the income in Spain.
Yes .. you are correct.
By old boy
Jimbo1916 wrote:
Thu May 31, 2018 6:11 pm
old boy wrote:
Thu May 31, 2018 6:04 pm
SMG wrote:

Anyone know?

TIA

Yes .. you are correct.

I would add, having had a quick look at GOV.UK website, that I think that it is also saying that if she is fiscally resident in Spain that she then is not required to declare the income to HMRC. The exemption seems to be for those that are fiscally resident abroad that do not declare any income in the UK.
By ic
Great thread here, best to do things the right way. If I wanted to place the tax part and licence part into the hands of professionals, who would you personally recommend that would be a fair price please? Either one company to do both (preferable) or two companies to do them separately.
I phone 6

you could go in to settings and roaming then mobil[…]

Spain increase minimum wage

Spain's minimum wage will jump by 22% in 2019 - th[…]

Is Brexit a done deal?

The Brexit deal negotiated by Theresa May may be '[…]

Visiting the housebound

http://helpathomecb.com/ Perhaps these could he[…]

SATELLITE DISH FOR SALE

Please put a price on your advert or it will be re[…]

Portugal Drugs Bust - Cruise Ship

They live in Guardamar Not anymore they don't :D[…]