Torrevieja Forum

This Section Is Sponsored By WWW.COSTABLANCABIKEHIRE.COM
Here you can ask questions about anything that relates to Torrevieja.
Anything not related to Torrevieja can be posted in General Chat.

Moderator: Moderator

The new laws regarding what Sundays and Festival Days the commercial centres can open in Alicante Province/Communidad de Valenciana now means that Habaneras and Zenia Boulevard will now be confined to opening 40 days comprising of Sundays and Festivals

http://www.diarioinformacion.com/alican ... 88614.html

It doesn't say when it comes into force. It looks like the big centres will be closed most of January then February and March depending on when Easter falls. Up-to-now they were free to open 63 days which included Sundays and Festival Days.

So we will be back to is Carrefour open on Sunday again :(

Bee
Conrad wrote:
Fri Feb 23, 2018 3:24 pm
Its in force already so no Sunday opening this weekendand if you go to Elche guardamar pilar de horadara and a couple of other places sundays are june 15th to september 15th for la zenia and others its june 17th till the end of the year
I thought it was only areas of high tourist trade, like Orihuela Costa and Torrevieja, that opened every holiday and Sunday. Hence why L'Aljub centre in Elche only opens certain days and not every Sunday.
Carrefour still showing open Sundays.
These opening hours only apply to shops over a certain size and smaller shops can open on Sundays (like Gama and Johsons etc).
mrmedia wrote:So what they are saying is that now we won’t get 23 of the Sundays and fiesta days so the big centres will choose Jan - March to close on Sundays.
Plus mid Sept, Oct, Nov and maybe a week in December. Similar to what it was 4 years ago. It seems like a lifetime ago.

Bee
strolling_minstrel wrote:
Fri Feb 23, 2018 4:26 pm
Conrad wrote:
Fri Feb 23, 2018 3:24 pm
Its in force already so no Sunday opening this weekendand if you go to Elche guardamar pilar de horadara and a couple of other places sundays are june 15th to september 15th for la zenia and others its june 17th till the end of the year
I thought it was only areas of high tourist trade, like Orihuela Costa and Torrevieja, that opened every holiday and Sunday. Hence why L'Aljub centre in Elche only opens certain days and not every Sunday.
Carrefour still showing open Sundays.
These opening hours only apply to shops over a certain size and smaller shops can open on Sundays (like Gama and Johsons etc).
They haven't actually specified size of shop just restaurants and cafeterias allowed to open on all sundays apart from the usual days of course.
Despicable

Despicable indeed. Just waiting for mrs jone`s […]

Leslie Grantham Dies

I can’t see where I said anyone should die[…]

Sick men of Europe

I wish I had a euro for all the times you said you[…]

We have been residents in Torrevieja for more than[…]

KARIM

If that's the same karim I was waiting for don t b[…]

Here, after 6pm we have TWO cars and FOUR […]

Holes in t-shirt !!!

Daft as it sounds this can be caused by kitchen wo[…]