Torrevieja Forum

This Section Is Sponsored By WWW.COSTABLANCABIKEHIRE.COM
Here you can ask questions about anything that relates to Torrevieja.
Anything not related to Torrevieja can be posted in General Chat.

Moderator: Moderator

By gardner8
I will soon need to get an itv for my car, the nearest testing station is Torrevieja. Does anyone have any tips as to 'best time of day/ best day of week etc' ? TIA
By Jimbo1916
It all depends on when your car`s ITV needs renewing ... but I tend to avoid Mondays for anything , not just the ITV. :D

I took my wife`s car on Tuesday last week at 8.15 am and was coming out at 8.40 am.

My old cars`s ITV was due in July and no matter what day or time I went I`ll be queuing out in the street for hours.

Don`t forget they are open 8 am to 9 pm and I can`t see them being too busy in the evenings or during siesta.
By soapydave
always try and avoid end of month ,you can pre book an appointment ,so I,m told.
By Jimbo1916
Have you tried that. I wonder how it works, do they just call you out of the queue.
By grange
Yes go reception with documents and you go in a different queue and get called much quicker
By Jimbo1916
Thanks, although I`ve just bought a new car and the wife`s car`s not due until Febuary 2020, so it`ll be a while before I try it out. :D
By ann
We made an appointment for our itv, we were in the queue and when we got to the top of the queue we were not called, approx. 4 cars behind us were taken first, don't know why.
By Jimbo1916
Can you remember if you were called in on your appointment time.

Maybe the others had appointments before you.

Someone on here said that you went into a special queue......I only know of 1, 2 and 3.

1 and 2 are for cars and 3 is for trucks and buses normally. I can`t think of a special queue.....although there`s a little one right by the entrance to bay 1 next to the seating area. Maybe that`s it.
By joncastle
Some of us book in to get a place but dont join the queue straight away, get something to eat etc, but are always called depending on the time we booked in. We all know the Spanish dont need to join the queue to keep their position.
By soapydave
Jimbo1916 wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:42 am
Can you remember if you were called in on your appointment time.

Maybe the others had appointments before you.

Someone on here said that you went into a special queue......I only know of 1, 2 and 3.

1 and 2 are for cars and 3 is for trucks and buses normally. I can`t think of a special queue.....although there`s a little one right by the entrance to bay 1 next to the seating area. Maybe that`s it.
perhaps the little ones for motorcycles or suchlike?
By soapydave
Jimbo1916 wrote:
Mon Feb 12, 2018 3:13 pm
Thanks, although I`ve just bought a new car and the wife`s car`s not due until Febuary 2020, so it`ll be a while before I try it out. :D
Did you find it easy buying the new car , document wise ?
Google's Miles Suspect

All speedo's are out, over reading by several mph[…]

Football tonight

Anyone know, apart from sky, what channel the Engl[…]

Moyava84@hotmail.com 675450541

Wanted, saw horse

San luis area

Sky Q card

many thanks for reply satandpcguy. as its a holida[…]

Discussing other forum

We want to new ones, not ones who have been boo[…]

Just wondering if you have a reason for asking the[…]