Torrevieja Forum

This Section Is Sponsored By WWW.COSTABLANCABIKEHIRE.COM
Here you can ask questions about anything that relates to Torrevieja.
Anything not related to Torrevieja can be posted in General Chat.

Moderator: Moderator

By Wansbeck
We have suddenly stopped receiving parcels and we have to go to the Post Office to pick them up. What is this all about? We are in the area near Mercadona and Carrefour......the Torretas. Has anyone else had this problem or know why it is happening?
Can they gain access to the property? Just by ringing a bell, for instance.
In our case, if Correos delivers then they can't get in so leave a notice in the post box to collect it from the office.
If it's Correos Express then they ring about a minute before arrival so I can be at the gate to meet them (same with other delivery companies like SEUR, DHL, ABC etc).
Just Correos which doesn't ring although I do get an email to say they couldn't deliver and a reference number to collect from the main office.
By gigger
What makes you believe they are not delivering parcels?I was sent parcel 2 weeks ago from England, not received anything up to now and was not informed there was parcel waiting collection, what do I do now? Central Torrevieja
By Jimbo1916
Recently, we had had no mail for over two weeks. Not just us, but to our community.

I visited all the local post offices, particularly the one just down the road from us and got no joy ... Just a shrug and `Es Navidad `

I then went on the website of Correos and through their complaints procedure sent them a ´robust ` complaint.

I sent this on the Thursday 14th December and the next day our post box was full to the brim with post. Not only that .. we had a second delivery later on in the day with more post and missing parcels. No ring on the bell and an apology....just dumped outside our front gate. !!

So a good result in the end, but why should you have to go through all that rigmarole. :roll:
By soapydave
your regular post person could have been on leave,
as they don't provide stand in cover,
the regular person just does it all when they get back,
so I,m told...............
I received a letter today that had been opened ,
its spain , expect Spanish customer service :wink:
By Jimbo1916
soapydave wrote:
Wed Dec 27, 2017 6:08 pm
your regular post person could have been on leave,
as they don't provide stand in cover,
the regular person just does it all when they get back,
so I,m told...............
I received a letter today that had been opened ,
its spain , expect Spanish customer service :wink:
This was back at the end of November so it had nothing to do with leave, and anyway we always get a replacement postie if one is sick or on holiday.

So I don`t know what went wrong, but of course Christmas didn`t help. But we are back to normal now. :D
By Eve07
Jimbo1916 wrote:
Wed Dec 27, 2017 5:59 pm
So a good result in the end, but why should you have to go through all that rigmarole. :roll:
What's a rigmarole Jimbo?? :P

I saw that fellow in the photo above in Cabo Roig at the Patrick's day parade last March and later that night in the Bog Road pub.
By reagan
Do not complain about the post here in Spain ,we gave our daughter a letter with a cheque in it to post when she got back to the uk to the premium bond people to a free post address after two weeks it had still not arrived so fearing the worst we cancelled the cheque ,then our son came over who works for the UK post office and he took the new application with the new cheque and tried to register it but was told you cannot register a letter to a free post address so he posted it first class on Wednesday 13th and guess what it has still not arrived ,so if it has not arrived by tomorrow we may have to cancel that cheque ,we had hoped it would be sorted before the end of November so to get the bonds in the January draw but now we may not get them in the draw until February ,
By reagan
[quote=freddo post_id=1103586 time=1514494199 user_id=28908]
you should have paid by Debit card Chas
[/quote]

You cannot pay by debit card Fred untill you are registered and you cannot register untill you have bought bonds
This rule applies because we are not living in the UK ,after we have bonds then you can use the online programme
Chas
By honey1
I am still waiting for Christmas cards with photos of my grandchildren in my daughter in law post 2 cards here at the begining of NOVEMEBR to make sure we got them 1 arrived the other hasnt weighed
and sent airmail from a post office in uk and it wasnt cheap either NOT IMPRESSED
Pool Dilemmas

We are soon moving into a new home with a pool whi[…]

Discussing other forum

freddo I meant come back and post, I know he is st[…]

modelo 210

Can someone please tell me the current percentage […]

Advice regarding red wine

THe obvious answer is buy a better wine and if the[…]

Bed needed on the quick

Yes, virtually next door. Regards, Colin

Football tonight

Its on Spanish LA1